Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

If Angela is a native to 616 and a daughter of Odin, does that mean that she was an amnesiac with false memories the whole time she was on the Spawn world? Or could she be from there and was just adopted like Loki?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Why is Asgard in space now? I thought it was hovering over Earth somewhere, after Stark Resilient made it?

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    If Angela is a native to 616 and a daughter of Odin, does that mean that she was an amnesiac with false memories the whole time she was on the Spawn world? Or could she be from there and was just adopted like Loki?
    Or, the more likely alternative, is this is a 616 version of Angela with a different history than the Spawn universe.

Quote Originally Posted by pugbuddy View Post
    In the interview, Al Ewing said something about Angela being able to kick Thor's butt "every day of the week and twice on Sundays" (paraphrased). IF they are actually related, then that doesn't sound in any way right. I'm a bit leary about how this is going to progress, given that information.
    Yeah and this is kind of what turned me off to picking this up. The idea that Angela is Thor's sister is actually pretty cool...but I hate the whole "show the new character is cool by kicking the established badass' backside even if it doesn't make any sense" trope. I used to read Spawn. Angela's powerful...but unless you forget all 1 million of Thor's powers (like most writers tend to do actually), she's not even remotely sniffing Thor's power levels. I like Ewing's writing a lot and I like Jason Aaron, but I'll wait and see on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Heck, Odin being a massive womanizer in his younger years was around at least since JMS's run, if not earlier. The man couldn't keep it in his pants. So I don't find the notion that Angela could be his child that hard to buy. I'm curious to see where she ends up at the end of this mini? Does she get her own book that ties into Asgard more, or does she become a more regular presence in the Thor/Loki book, etc? It'll be interesting to see.
    This is pretty much where I stand on this, its not a stretch that Odin left a trail of children.

I just don't see how Angela, a former demon hunter from heaven is going to fit. But I guess all of her previous history has been scrapped, Im not reading GotG so I will read this blind so to speak. I'll be getting this mini to see where the chips might fall...
    Last edited by Geralt of Rivia; 06-13-2014 at 07:56 AM.

BANNED

Yeah I'm not digging the whole Angela from the Spawn comics suddenly becoming a retcon character into Thor's family its as forced as Thor knowing in secret Balder was his brother without telling him when they were kids. And while I'm one of those fans that is a fan with the alterations of Thor's mythos Marvel deviating from the norse mythology I find Angela would have been suited off written in the horror section of Marvel as an outcast Arch Angel. But oh well I haven't been reading Marvel in a while so this doesn't affect me. Hope the execution is done better. Besides if she's terrible she can always be killed off like Victoria Hand.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Why is Asgard in space now? I thought it was hovering over Earth somewhere, after Stark Resilient made it?
    Odin went to space and left the rest of the Asgardians in Oklahoma. Happened at the beginning of Fear Itself.

All-New Member

I haven't read Spawn but I thought it was already 100% confirmed that this Angela and Spawn's Angela are two different characters. Doesn't Spawn take place on Earth? Because that right shows that the two are different as this Angela came from a Heaven where Earth is a fictional place.

She is an Angel and a hunter like she is in Spawn

If I want to be honest I think they should have used Angrboda for the Thor comic's Original Sin title. She only has had one appearance since the 60's and in my opinion she would make a really good Thor nemesis. I mean she was Loki's girlfriend and mother of his three most infamous children. I mean the original sin is that Odin found a way to strip everybody of their memory of her and prevented her from reincarnating in later Ragnark cycles. They could show also how Odin led an ambush on Ironwood and brutally massacred the inhabitants there including Angrboda in order to abduct her and Loki's three children . The way they are incorporating Angel from Spawn into this sounds like bad fan fiction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angrbo%C3%B0a

http://marvel.wikia.com/Angerboda_(Earth-616)

http://www.northernpaganism.org/shri...-children.html

http://www.northernpaganism.org/shri...oda/about.html

I'm really unsure about this Angela and Tenth Realm thing. It just seems so shoe-horned and unnecessary. There are plenty of Marvel Thor characters (And even more in Norse mythology) that have not been explored and plenty of other realms that could use more exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Why? We don't know the upper limits of her power yet, at least the MU version of her anyway.
    We have a good idea of how her power level from GOTG and she's not even on Thor's level in terms of physical strength, much less overall power where he far outshines her, especially with Mjolnir. Angela vs. Sif would actually be a good fight.

Al Wing seems like an intelligent writer and who knows how to craft a story well. I hope he doesn't resort to Loeb level tactics of having the new character look good by beating up everyone else.
    Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus; 06-13-2014 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rage.Of.Olympus View Post
    I'm really unsure about this Angela and Tenth Realm thing. It just seems so shoe-horned and unnecessary. There are plenty of Marvel Thor characters (And even more in Norse mythology) that have not been explored and plenty of other realms that could use more exposure.

We have a good idea of how her power level from GOTG and she's not even on Thor's level in terms of physical strength, much less overall power where he far outshines her, especially with Mjolnir. Angela vs. Sif would actually be a good fight.

Al Wing seems like an intelligent writer and who knows how to craft a story well. I hope he doesn't resort to Loeb level tactics of having the new character look good by beating up everyone else.
    Aw, the Worf Effect Thor is always hit hard by that trope.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../TheWorfEffect

Interesting. Had to drop Thor but am tradewaiting Loki so I might give this a shot - have enjoyed Angela in GOTG.

In Guardians of the galaxy she has shown herself

Strong enough to take down Drax
    Equal if not more skilled than Gamora
    Fast enough to avoid point blank weapons fire from Rocket
    Has weapons capable of reducing Groot to splinters with little effort
    Takes out a Badoon capital ship by herself

It's also very interesting when she gets hit with lightning

Quote Originally Posted by lantian1 View Post
    In Guardians of the galaxy she has shown herself

Strong enough to take down Drax
    Equal if not more skilled than Gamora
    Fast enough to avoid point blank weapons fire from Rocket
    Has weapons capable of reducing Groot to splinters with little effort
    Takes out a Badoon capital ship by herself

It's also very interesting when she gets hit with lightning
    So like I said, no business trying to even take Thor on.

The only thing you mentioned that would allow her to give an average Thor a fight is the Drax bit. Except post-resurrection Drax is nowhere near as strong as his previous dumb incarnation and Thor was at least his equal in strength even when he had the power gem based on their various fights. And that's only in terms of strength, not taking into account his weather powers or what Mjolnir can do.

Angela is pretty strong, fast and skilled with durable weapons. That's impressive no doubt but on the level of an Asgardian elite like Sif, Hogun etc. at least on a good day and nowhere near Thor who can take her out in a single attack (Based on her durability in GOTG) and on a good day has more strength in one bicep then the rest of Asgard put together.

Yeah, her instantly folding after getting hit by lightning is not exactly a good thing. Not when Starlord's elemental gun might as well be a nerf gun compares to Thor's lightning.
    Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus; 06-13-2014 at 05:06 PM.