Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455 LastLast
    Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Did anyone else think Diana using her bracelet attack on the terrorist in the opening scene somewhat overkill? I mean, the guy was an ordinary human.
    Yes, and I also think she does this trick WAY too many times, she's like a one-trick pony. It's not a good trick to begin with, I sincerely hope we've seen the last of it

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    Yes, and I also think she does this trick WAY too many times, she's like a one-trick pony. It's not a good trick to begin with, I sincerely hope we've seen the last of it
    Yeah, I don't like the 'boosh' attack either. It had absolutely no effect on Steppenwolf or Doomsday, unless you call getting knocked back a few feet without any damage a real success. And it didn't work on Superman because she apparently isn't fast enough to clang them together before Supes moves in to hold her arms. Not that it wouldn't have had any real effect on Supes to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Also more on the syder cut. No shock it was a depressing dark movie with a drunk aquaman, evil superman, depressed cyborg, wonder woman, and batman, and mentally challenged flash.

In other words bvs 2.

If this is true I’m happy there isn’t a Snyder cut. Diana failing to save the hostages and standing in the middle of the burnt out building with the dead around her? No thanks.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-14-2018 at 01:21 PM.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    If this is true I’m happy there isn’t a Snyder cut. Diana failing to save the hostages and standing in the middle of the burnt out building with the dead around her? No thanks.
    To be fair, there are some estimates that over 60% of the movie was reshot under Whedon. Also, Synder was actually fired, but they said he was taking care of family business so that he had an plausible way 'out' and to not upset people thinking there was big time trouble with the direction that the movie was being shot under Synder.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    To be fair, there are some estimates that over 60% of the movie was reshot under Whedon. Also, Synder was actually fired, but they said he was taking care of family business so that he had an plausible way 'out' and to not upset people thinking there was big time trouble with the direction that the movie was being shot under Synder.
    Has this been confirmed? Or is it just Dickey's tweet and rumor?

Assuming it's true...so basically Diana gets screwed over regardless of which cut. Kind of mortifying the showing we ended up with was the better of the two.

Yeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Yeah, I don't like the 'boosh' attack either. It had absolutely no effect on Steppenwolf or Doomsday, unless you call getting knocked back a few feet without any damage a real success. And it didn't work on Superman because she apparently isn't fast enough to clang them together before Supes moves in to hold her arms. Not that it wouldn't have had any real effect on Supes to begin with.
    Yeah just a good old fashioned punch in the chin will do the trick, it's cleaner and more effective, and also maybe don't do the "boosh" indoors

I don't mind the 'boosh' attack, but I think it's handling can be better. It should be a trump-card finishing move or something she only busts out when backed into a corner. Not her standard go-to offense whether she's facing humans or gods.
    And...obviously...it should be treated as a devastating attack when used.

That is kind of how it was in her movie. We only saw her use it twice as I recall; on accident with Antiope and at the end when she goes Super Saiyan on Ares.
    It's Snyder who has her spamming it with diminishing results every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I don't mind the 'boosh' attack, but I think it's handling can be better. It should be a trump-card finishing move or something she only busts out when backed into a corner. Not her standard go-to offense whether she's facing humans or gods.
    And...obviously...it should be treated as a devastating attack when used.

That is kind of how it was in her movie. We only saw her use it twice as I recall; on accident with Antiope and at the end when she goes Super Saiyan on Ares.
    It's Snyder who has her spamming it with diminishing results every time.
    If you ask me what I want, I'll tell you I want some empty-handed hand-to-hand combat, flying, more bullets and bracelets and copious amounts of lasso of truth. Then if they wish to complement her skill set with the "boosh", to that I say go ahead and be my guest, however, as it is, to me it feels more like a substitute rather than a complementary skill which I can't say I'm enjoying

Incredible Member

I like the "boosh" attack - BUT, it should be more powerful and it should be used as an absolute last resort against opponents who it wouldn't kill (unless Diana has no other option, but to kill in defence of others).

And they can certainly vary the bracelet attacks - I don't think she's slammed her bracelets on either side of the head of a super powered opponent yet. Even just a "back hand" with the surface of a bracelet would be good. And a super powered opponent should attempt to throw a punch, be blocked by a bracelet and end up with a broken hand as a result (or same thing, but with a kick and broken foot).

Fantastic Member

Default Bracelets

The boosh will be cool if it is used to:

...block multiple bulllet and projectile fire even before it hits her...and it would have been better for her to have done with the last terrorist before he fired multiple shots
    ...block and destroy large objects thrown at her and make it look like a hot knife cutting through a "butter" of solid objects
    ...also, in Justice League, WW clearly demonstrated able to summon some force of lightning when she slammed one of her bracelets in the shield to destroy Steppenwolf's footing on some sort of bridge. I did not like how she shot the lightning in her movie; rather weird the way it was done, but if she can somewhat recreate lightning, I like it when she booshe's her bracelets to create it, but I don't like it when it shoots it like a beam, although I wouldn't mind it if she can use the shockwave in conjuction with lightning as a major projectile blocking or as un upgrade to the shockwave

I'm still on the fence about Diana's concussive boosh attack, and if it's needed. It makes for a nice effect on film I guess. It's kind of like Superman/Kryptonians's super solar flare power in the comics. I'm not sure they're necessary given all their other powers and abilities, even given the time-honored history of giving superheroes (especially Superman) random powers from time to time.

Indeed. IF it is true, occurring very early in the movie, I would not be surprised if some people went as far as to get up and walk out had it happened that way. Thematically, it would make sense what with the premise being that the world is in despair because of the loss of Superman. But I suspect a lot of people would have decided it was going to be another depressing movie right there. I say that as someone who liked most of MoS and liked a lot of B vs S. But it would have been too much of the same. In fact, I suspect one of the reasons it flopped even with the changes was that people didn't go see it because they assumed it was going to be another rendition of MoS or B vs S.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Were people actually expecting the Snyder cut to be that better? Its still his vision.

Other than Wonder Woman 2 and Aquaman and maybeeee a Red Hood storyline in a Batman solo, this DCU is done for within current direction. They're aimeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Indeed. IF it is true, occurring very early in the movie, I would not be surprised if some people went as far as to get up and walk out had it happened that way. Thematically, it would make sense what with the premise being that the world is in despair because of the loss of Superman. But I suspect a lot of people would have decided it was going to be another depressing movie right there.
    That goes beyond thematics and into outright burial. I mean, we've been complaining the movie makes the rest of the League look useless as it is, but a scene where Diana fails so miserably to establish how screwed everyone is without Superman....why even call the movie Justice League? Just call it "Superman & the Piss-ants."

Why would anyone want to watch a Justice League movie where the Justice League is worthless?