Page 21 of 80 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Turned on NFL Network and Kansas City traded Dee Ford to the 49ers.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    And how much of that behavior was influenced to some degree by him being in a toxic Pittsburgh locker room with zero accountability and rampant factionalism? Not saying that the Raiders would be any better of an environment, but there is certainly a pattern of irresponsible and unprofessional behavior coming from Steelers players and it's absurd to single Brown out for being a bad egg.
    In all honestly, I would guess it is much more to due with CTE than anything else.

At least he got away from the "I'm snorting bleach" look.
    Last edited by Jackmando7; 03-12-2019 at 09:49 PM.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

So looking at it now did the Browns suddenly become the best team in the AFC North or am I hallucinating?

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    ESPN reports the deal was for the Browns 1st round pick (#17), a 3rd round pick and safety Jabrill Peppers.

-M
    The Giants might be working to package that #6 and #17 pick to try and pry the #1 pick away from Arizona.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    So looking at it now did the Browns suddenly become the best team in the AFC North or am I hallucinating?
    Best before the season starts and best when actual play happens are two different things. As that team from Washington DC can tell you.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Best before the season starts and best when actual play happens are two different things. As that team from Washington DC can tell you.
    Also, the season where the Eagles supposedly had a "Dream Team" after free agency opened.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Le'Von Bell be like "BITCHES WHAT ABOUT ME?"
    He dun goofed, would've made for some juicy headlines had he signed with the Raiders. Instead he goes to the football equivalent of the Knicks, completely and utterly irrelevant. At least he got paid I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    He dun goofed, would've made for some juicy headlines had he signed with the Raiders. Instead he goes to the football equivalent of the Knicks, completely and utterly irrelevant. At least he got paid I guess.
    At the end of the day, that was probably what mattered most to Bell.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Turned on NFL Network and Kansas City traded Dee Ford to the 49ers.
    Its pretty sad but the new system the Chiefs are running they were forced to do either 2 things - Trade Ford for as much as they could get and a 2nd is decent. Due to Ford being a late 1st rd pick. Also the 13 sacks was a career high and he's been on the team a few years. Or if they kept him he'd have to play a hybrid DE/OLB role due to his size in a 4-3.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The Giants might be working to package that #6 and #17 pick to try and pry the #1 pick away from Arizona.
    I can see them sending that extra 3rd to Arizona for Rosen and using the 1st round picks they have on a WR and defense.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Comically reading articles about how suddenly the NY Giants are so terrible for trading Beckum is kinda...well silly. We have to look at some things here regarding this trade.

- OBJ was becoming a locker room issue and was told to just shut up one season where the team was getting tired of his running his mouth. They were growing tired of the attitude. While Brown over shadowed him with antics off the field for sure ; OBJ was becoming known for his issues with the team. A fact the Giants floated trading him before the Combine and changed their mind once New England had interest.

- What OBJ is the Browns getting ? Are they getting the player from 2014-2016 who amassed 288 receptions for 4,122 yards and 35 TD's ? Or are they getting the OBJ who in 2 seasons has only done 1,354 yards on 102 receptions and 6 TD's ? Because the Browns getting the WR who barely can cross 1,000+ yards in a season doesn't make this a good deal.

- The Browns gave up 2 , draft picks in this draft. The team has HIT on the draft since last season as we saw and could literally HIT again on a WR and other pieces they need. Because the Browns need more pieces around this team. Trading wise the last time they seemed to hit a HR was a player they just cut in Collins at LB. They awarded him a huge contract and watched as his play became shit.

- The Giants now could go in a number of directions. Sterling Shepard played very well and will be counted on as the main WR as they draft or sign someone. They also can draft a QB with their 1st pick now to groom a season behind Eli. Or perhaps trade that 3rd for Rosen to groom. They also got Peppers in the secondary who is younger and really a better player for them than what Collins was at the position last year. (The Giants brought up how he'd have to play near the line and now they can let Peppers play off as a safety like they want to do in this system)

The Giants got their safety they wanted , they now can get their big franchise QB in a trade or draft as well as start drafting WR , OL , Defense etc.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    - OBJ was becoming a locker room issue and was told to just shut up one season where the team was getting tired of his running his mouth. They were growing tired of the attitude. While Brown over shadowed him with antics off the field for sure ; OBJ was becoming known for his issues with the team. A fact the Giants floated trading him before the Combine and changed their mind once New England had interest.
    I was listening to a New York reporter on ESPN radio this morning and she said that OBJ had become a cancer whom the Giants' front office had coddled for years, at least until Pat Shurmur came onboard as head coach and wouldn't put up with his crap, eventually leading to the trade.

Yah remember well the Giants had trouble with OBJ under McAdoo, to the point where he went off on the sidelines in a very obvious way. One could argue that McAdoo's inability to keep OBJ happy was as much the reason he was let go as him benching Eli Manning. And now look at them, giving the 49ers a run for their money as worst team in the NFC.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

The issue with the Giants right now is that they look like they're tanking after 2 seasons where they did really bad. They let go two of their best players on either side of the ball (one they let go for nothing) and they remain committed to Eli who has proven over the last 2 seasons that you can't trust him to win games. So now you're in re-build mode, but rather than rebuild around a Top 5 Wide Receiver, a great safety and a great running back, you're just rebuilding around that running back now who might be gone by the time the Giants actually get the pieces in place.

I just don't get it.

Browns look good on paper. Just need a real QB. Imagine if they didn't waffle on that?

Paper champs are one thing, though.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Browns look good on paper. Just need a real QB. Imagine if they didn't waffle on that?

Paper champs are one thing, though.
    What is wrong with Mayfield?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!