Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I think Maxwell Lord and Liar Liar are shaking up to be modern day versions of the Duke of Deception and his daughter Lya. Not saying it's being done well, but their abilities, family connection and the latter's names are probably too similar to for it to be coincidental. Under a more dynamic writer this could have been good instead of merely mediocre.

Attachment 100639
    I wish they straight up made him Duke of Deception (or Lord of Deception), it would give him some legitimacy as a WW villain Maybe retcon the origin of his powers, so that they come from Ares. Or Dolos, the actual Greek deity of lies.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I wish they straight up made him Duke of Deception (or Lord of Deception), it would give him some legitimacy as a WW villain Maybe retcon the origin of his powers, so that they come from Ares. Or Dolos, the actual Greek deity of lies.
    I'm kind of expecting him to be the Duke of Deception in Earth One Volume 3.

With all the Golden Age influence and Psycho working for him, it seems like something Morrison would do.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

That would make a lot of sense but sadly, I don't think DC gives Wonder Woman's villains that much thought.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Seen some joke all of Max's appearances should have just been an illusions by Psycho.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Seen some joke all of Max's appearances should have just been an illusions by Psycho.

That would be acceptable as well. At least, all of his appearances after his JLI days.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    That would be acceptable as well. At least, all of his appearances after his JLI days.
    I'm still perturbed Diana has no idea about Dr. Psycho's involvement in the creation of the latest Silver Swan. As far as I can recall she hasn't even met him in Rebirth. Dr. Psycho is worth 5 Maxwell Lords, marrying the two into one single threat is a great idea.

Cover for last issue of Death Metal. Looks like Diana being around during WWII is staying. Guess Scott Snyder will be writing her new origin. *sigh* I can’t say I’m looking forward to that. Another origin shake up... yaaaaaaay. This better lead to Diana becoming leader of the JL, if Batman is still the field leader DC can **** off, Diana has more leadership experience now then Bruce ever did.
    777F424C-D1C8-4A84-BCC6-C21B6AC2C647.jpg

Year One was nice while it lasted.

Said elsewhere but under the right writer I think doing the whole "Diana debuting in World War 2" could be a decent fusion of both Marston and the Post-Crisis stuff but don't really feel Snyder or many other bigwigs at DC have that kind of passion for the character's whole history.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Year One was nice while it lasted.

Said elsewhere but under the right writer I think doing the whole "Diana debuting in World War 2" could be a decent fusion of both Marston and the Post-Crisis stuff but don't really feel Snyder or many other bigwigs at DC have that kind of passion for the character's whole history.
    At least DC is consistent with that one thing when it comes to her. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    At least DC is consistent with that one thing when it comes to her. Sigh.
    I'm just waiting for them do something dumb like put someone like Taylor on her book.

I'm just waiting for them do something dumb like put someone like Taylor on her book.

What do you mean by waiting for? We've had DC make plenty of dumb decisions in the past about who they put on the main Wonder Woman book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I think Maxwell Lord and Liar Liar are shaking up to be modern day versions of the Duke of Deception and his daughter Lya. Not saying it's being done well, but their abilities, family connection and the latter's names are probably too similar to for it to be coincidental. Under a more dynamic writer this could have been good instead of merely mediocre.

Attachment 100639
    So far, it seems like Tamaki is determined to redeem Lord or make him into a rival type character for Diana. Liar Liar might take his place as a villain.

I thought Taylor's Steve one-shot was fine. He used Saturna, who is a revamped version of the GA villain Eviless. Never read his Injustice comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    I thought Taylor's Steve one-shot was fine. He used Saturna, who is a revamped version of the GA villain Eviless. Never read his Injustice comic.
    Wasn’t that Seeley who wrote the Steve Trevor one shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    That was Tim Seeley. Actually wouldn't mind if Seeley got to write a WW book, wrote a short comic in one of those Wal-Mart books from what I recall that wasn't bad.

Only time Taylor wrote Steve was when he made him a Nazi in Injustice.