Page 40 of 148 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

So I'm interested to know how long Stryfe has known that Rachel was Mother Askani. As I was writing the X-Force review yesterday I realized that Apocalypse in the future knew she was Mother Askani. Mentions her by name in Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix 3. With Ch'Vayre raising Stryfe after Apocalypse dies, did he then tell Stryfe Rachel's name? And if he knew the whole time, why the hell didn't he know who Mother Askani was during X-Cutioner's Song or try to get her in the 90's? I am very interested in the setup between Stryfe-Rachel-Cable as I don't think Stryfe knows that Rachel is his sister. He knows the Mother Askani connection, but not the Summers I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    So I'm interested to know how long Stryfe has known that Rachel was Mother Askani. As I was writing the X-Force review yesterday I realized that Apocalypse in the future knew she was Mother Askani. Mentions her by name in Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix 3. With Ch'Vayre raising Stryfe after Apocalypse dies, did he then tell Stryfe Rachel's name? And if he knew the whole time, why the hell didn't he know who Mother Askani was during X-Cutioner's Song or try to get her in the 90's? I am very interested in the setup between Stryfe-Rachel-Cable as I don't think Stryfe knows that Rachel is his sister. He knows the Mother Askani connection, but not the Summers I think.
    I think Ch'Vayre knew that Rachel was Mother Askani when he fought with her a few times when she first arrived in that timeline. Wasn't he one of the Acolytes she kept going up against, I know she went up against the female Acolyte as the main adversary but she went up against a few of the others too and I thought Ch'Vayre was one of them too. I know they figured out who she was before the end, because they eventually brought up that she was the time lost Summers daughter.

I am starting to wonder if X-Force is going to lead directly into HoX / PoX because if Rachel kills Stryfe that will cause massive changes in the timeline. That single change could change everything about the X-Men going back to before Executioners Song. It's either that or Rachel wipes everyone's memories at the end so that the timeline is protected. I guess that would be a very "Mother Askani" thing to do because as Mother Askani she had strict rules about changing the past.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think Ch'Vayre knew that Rachel was Mother Askani when he fought with her a few times when she first arrived in that timeline. Wasn't he one of the Acolytes she kept going up against, I know she went up against the female Acolyte as the main adversary but she went up against a few of the others too and I thought Ch'Vayre was one of them too. I know they figured out who she was before the end, because they eventually brought up that she was the time lost Summers daughter.

I am starting to wonder if X-Force is going to lead directly into HoX / PoX because if Rachel kills Stryfe that will cause massive changes in the timeline. That single change could change everything about the X-Men going back to before Executioners Song. It's either that or Rachel wipes everyone's memories at the end so that the timeline is protected. I guess that would be a very "Mother Askani" thing to do because as Mother Askani she had strict rules about changing the past.
    Well Ch'Vayre and his sister Luminesce (sp?) were Apocalypse's prelates and under Diamanda Nero's orders too. Once Luminesce died when they unleashed a plague he became less pro-Apocalypse. So they knew her as Alyrzn Summerset, but I think Apocalypse realized who she really was.

I don't think Rachel will kill Stryfe. She can't. Blaquesmith might mindwipe everyone but Rachel won't kill anyone, well maybe not anyone else than she has as a hound. I think HoX/PoX is affecting X-Force in ways that Brisson may not be fully aware of hence why he can't speak to it yet.

Well Ch'Vayre and his sister Luminesce (sp?) were Apocalypse's prelates and under Diamanda Nero's orders too. Once Luminesce died when they unleashed a plague he became less pro-Apocalypse. So they knew her as Alyrzn Summerset, but I think Apocalypse realized who she really was.

I don't think Rachel will kill Stryfe. She can't. Blaquesmith might mindwipe everyone but Rachel won't kill anyone, well maybe not anyone else than she has as a hound. I think HoX/PoX is affecting X-Force in ways that Brisson may not be fully aware of hence why he can't speak to it yet.
    I am going to keep hoping that this fall leads to Rachel, Cable, and Blaquesmith running missions together. I agree with you though that I think either Rachel or Blaquesmith will wipe everyone to reset the timeline back onto it's normal path. Having Stryfe find Cable's base was actually a huge change to the timeline in and of itself. Lol, this might be why Zero isn't able to talk after this, haha maybe they take his ability to talk so he can't tell anyone what he saw.

Fantastic Member

How was Rachel able to use her “claws” to kill those people in that X-Force panel?

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    How was Rachel able to use her “claws” to kill those people in that X-Force panel?
    Telekinetic force on her fingers I am guessing - really hope Rachel gets a new costume & code name at end of this storyline

Still hoping for "Askani"

Well we see her ripped the stomach open of that one guy, and that is it. Kytty was going to town on someone. I presume that all artists (and Brisson) think that you get claws as part of the hound process......which is completely false. Kytty looks like they are part Nosferatu. But I'd say TK.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    Telekinetic force on her fingers I am guessing - really hope Rachel gets a new costume & code name at end of this storyline

Still hoping for "Askani"
    Yes, and YES ASKANI COME THROUGH!!!!
    As long as the kickass skills that come with the name come as well.

Well we see her ripped the stomach open of that one guy, and that is it. Kytty was going to town on someone. I presume that all artists (and Brisson) think that you get claws as part of the hound process......which is completely false. Kytty looks like they are part Nosferatu. But I'd say TK.

Yes, and YES ASKANI COME THROUGH!!!!
    As long as the kickass skills that come with the name come as well.
    I think claws are added to the hound uniform and built in. This has gone back years, I remember when Rachel first changed into hound form in front of Magneto when she wanted to kill a human terrorist and she went into the black uniform with spikes on her arms and legs along with the claws on her hands. It has always fascinated me that Rachel can just alter her clothes at will almost instantly. Her costume can literally change form to suit her current mood or mindset.

I want her to become Askani going forward as well, it's the same reason that I feel that she needs a new (perhaps even old) direction that teams her up with Cable and Blaquesmith in an ongoing series. It's hard to say what is going to happen to her after HoX/PoX, they have included her as one of the characters so I expect her to appear, hopefully they have something in mind for Rachel to stay in the present for the fall X-book lines.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think claws are added to the hound uniform and built in. This has gone back years, I remember when Rachel first changed into hound form in front of Magneto when she wanted to kill a human terrorist and she went into the black uniform with spikes on her arms and legs along with the claws on her hands. It has always fascinated me that Rachel can just alter her clothes at will almost instantly. Her costume can literally change form to suit her current mood or mindset.

I want her to become Askani going forward as well, it's the same reason that I feel that she needs a new (perhaps even old) direction that teams her up with Cable and Blaquesmith in an ongoing series. It's hard to say what is going to happen to her after HoX/PoX, they have included her as one of the characters so I expect her to appear, hopefully they have something in mind for Rachel to stay in the present for the fall X-book lines.
    Devil's Advocate/Managing Expectations: Remember Rachel was also featured on the promo art for Disassembled and she did not appear in the story at all. She might only get a nod or reference. I say that solely so we don't get our hearts broken again if she doesn't appear or have any role.

Devil's Advocate/Managing Expectations: Remember Rachel was also featured on the promo art for Disassembled and she did not appear in the story at all. She might only get a nod or reference. I say that solely so we don't get our hearts broken again if she doesn't appear or have any role.
    Yeah, I am a little pessimistic, there is a good chance they decide to leave her in the future and then she never shows up again in the current X-books. I'll try to have a little bit of hope, she is on the art, and we know some things are going to happen in X-Force #8 and #9 that are centred on Rachel. I am not sure what will happen after that point.

Fantastic Member

And if he knew the whole time, why the hell didn't he know who Mother Askani was during X-Cutioner's Song or try to get her in the 90's?
    He wouldn't really want to mess with her cuz she was Phoenix at that time. Also the writers probably haven't decided to make Rachel the head of the Askani yet.

He wouldn't really want to mess with her cuz she was Phoenix at that time. Also the writers probably haven't decided to make Rachel the head of the Askani yet.
    He didn't know though. Marvel published a book that was strictly written by Strfye which were the computer journals he kept on all the major players in that event, and Askani appeared but it was vague and he didn't know who she was.

AiPT!: Now, minzyprime‏ (@minzyprime1010) wanted to know why Jean Grey didn’t try to get Rachel back after she was taken as a hound? Minzyprime understands why Scott wasn’t trying to get her back, but Jean knew she had reverted back to a hound and disappeared at the end of Extermination.

Jordan: Why would you think she didn’t try? I am sure they were on the lookout for any signs of where Ahab went off to. But before they found him, X-Man started causing trouble, and that needed to be dealt with.

finally someone asked about it!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    AiPT!: Now, minzyprime‏ (@minzyprime1010) wanted to know why Jean Grey didn’t try to get Rachel back after she was taken as a hound? Minzyprime understands why Scott wasn’t trying to get her back, but Jean knew she had reverted back to a hound and disappeared at the end of Extermination.

Jordan: Why would you think she didn’t try? I am sure they were on the lookout for any signs of where Ahab went off to. But before they found him, X-Man started causing trouble, and that needed to be dealt with.

finally someone asked about it!
    I'm glad he responded to the question for once, but it's still a cop out answer. How would we know that she would be looking if any and every reference to Rachel has gone silent since before the ending of Extermination? On panel she seemingly moved on rather quickly to embracing Cable and that was it. So while nice to hear, it's not on panel so there is no way of knowing.

I'm glad he responded to the question for once, but it's still a cop out answer. How would we know that she would be looking if any and every reference to Rachel has gone silent since before the ending of Extermination? On panel she seemingly moved on rather quickly to embracing Cable and that was it. So while nice to hear, it's not on panel so there is no way of knowing.
    he is the editor, who else is supposed to decide how these character act? I never saw the x-men using the toilette does it mean they don't ?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”