Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Also Batgirl & The Birds of Prey? How far we have come that Dinah can't even highlight her own team anymore. Still interested in it but I hope it doesn't go down the same route as the current Batgirl and Black Canary series. Not my cup of tea at all despite liking the actual characters.
    To be fair, DC tried with the Black Canary solo by Brendan Fletcher. It's an awesome book but nobody bought it. It's not surprising they're not spotlighting Batgirl instead.

I blame any disappointment with there not being any B and C lister books on the fact that nobody bought the amazing books DC just launched with those B and C listers. Midnighter, Black Canary, Dr Fate, We Are Robin, just to name a few.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    To be fair, DC tried with the Black Canary solo by Brendan Fletcher. It's an awesome book but nobody bought it. It's not surprising they're not spotlighting Batgirl instead.

I blame any disappointment with there not being any B and C lister books on the fact that nobody bought the amazing books DC just launched with those B and C listers. Midnighter, Black Canary, Dr Fate, We Are Robin, just to name a few.
    maybe they should try back cannary solo again. All this atention on batgirl is getting annoying pretty fast

BANNED

The Manhunter is something that's really sticking in my craw. One of their best titles.

The only thing I know is that Cassandra Cain better be in one these books. Otherwise "Rebirth" is already a failure as far as Im concerned.
    "Hope you enjoyed the re-introduction of Cassandra in Cain in B&R:Eternal after we messed her up so bad and rebooted our universe. That's all that you get for now though. Deal with it."
    Though considering how DC treated her in the past despite being a successful and popular character wouldn't make this surprising in any way.

Also Batgirl & The Birds of Prey? How far we have come that Dinah can't even highlight her own team anymore. Still interested in it but I hope it doesn't go down the same route as the current Batgirl and Black Canary series. Not my cup of tea at all despite liking the actual characters.
    It's a safe bet that either Batgirl or Batgirl and the Birds of Prey will follow the current aesthetic of Batgirl. And with Black Canary ending, it'll probably be Birds of Prey.

I'm also betting Cassandra will be in either Red Hood and the Outlaws or Teen Titans.

Of course, there's also the possibility that Cassandra and Stephanie both will join Barbara in Birds of Prey.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Books I hope go back to Pre-New 52 status:
    -Teen Titans (so the majority of current dissenters can be satisfied)
    -Superman (for the rest)
    -Batman Beyond
    -Uh, Hellblazer?

Books I hope go back to New 52 (c. 2011-12) status:
    -Aquaman
    -Wonder Woman
    -Nightwing
    -Aquaman
    -Aquaman

Books I hope retain their DCYou status:
    -Batgirl
    -Justice League (if not in creative team then in tone)
    -Batman (not Jim in the suit, just hope it keeps the Snyder-Capullo momentum)

Ideally Fletcher-Stewart-Tarr will get Birds of Prey so that Tarr can draw Black Canary on a monthly basis again and
    Batgirl fans can stop complaining about their book being "hipsterized" or whatever such drivel.

Flash and Green Lantern I couldn't really care about. The TV show is doing a way better job introducing Walley and I really just want Kyke Rayner back in a New Guardians team book.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    If charging 5 dollars is outrageous for 40 pages, breaking down a 6 dollar book into two 20 page books is no better. SECRET Wars and Endgame part 1 had extra pages too but thar's still obscene for a comic book.
    You realize that a 40p book isn't 40p of content, right? Your comparison isn't at all accurate; bi-shipping a book at $3 absolutely is both more content and at a lower per page price point.

Yeah, it's no surprise at all DC's going with a relatively "safe" lineup this time. I thoroughly enjoyed a lot of the DCYou books but people weren't buying them. It's DC's perennial problem; everyone always says they want DC to produce different books rather than more Bats/Supes/JL Core, but every time they come out with cool innovative books people refuse to buy the damn things.

As for the new books, there are some that definitely tickle my interest, though sadly they have mostly been relegated to the nebulous "fall" release window. Of course, I may also be the only one who wants to see the original "super sons" in the new book.

All-New Member

Default More Money, More Money, More Money

Quote Originally Posted by comicfiend View Post
    You realize that a 40p book isn't 40p of content, right? Your comparison isn't at all accurate; bi-shipping a book at $3 absolutely is both more content and at a lower per page price point.
    Funny how DC couches this as lowering the price point. Buying the book twice a month means that you will be paying more to collect a title. Yes you will be getting more reading material but I don't care how much reading material I'm getting, the question is what will the quality be??? You can publish a book weekly but if the story and art stinks, it's not worth what you're paying for it. I'd prefer a monthly book that I look forward to than a weekly book that I don't. In closing if I have to buy a book twice a month, it better be VERY GOOD or I will cease to collect it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ssj1970 View Post
    Funny how DC couches this as lowering the price point. Buying the book twice a month means that you will be paying more to collect a title. Yes you will be getting more reading material but I don't care how much reading material I'm getting, the question is what will the quality be??? You can publish a book weekly but if the story and art stinks, it's not worth what you're paying for it. I'd prefer a monthly book that I look forward to than a weekly book that I don't. In closing if I have to buy a book twice a month, it better be VERY GOOD or I will cease to collect it.
    there is also the descompression problem. lots of splash pages and little content that can happen on weeklies and biweeklies. Also people with short budgets will buy less titles.
    it's not 100% positive for industry

Extraordinary Member

I'm not sure if Aquaman, Death Stroke, Suicide Squad and Cyborg can really support the bi weekly publication. They don't sell better than many of the monthly books.

Spectacular Member

Do you guys think all the bi-weekly books are going to be one storyline / creative team?

Or will some alternate between different stories?

I.E.: Flash First Monthly Issue about Barry with Creative Team A, Second Monthly Issue about Wally with Creative Team B. Green Lanterns with Jessica / Simon / Kyle etc.?

This is interesting. I don't really care about the creative teams for the most part.

I have to chime in here.
    I bought the first issue of the current Black Canary run because I love the character but I didn't found it good. The art was highly polarizing to say the least and the entire premise of her being in a rock band and going on tour sounds like crazy fan-fiction without context. Sales for this book are low and I fully support the book being cancelled. It featured a character that I liked and that was pretty much it. That's not enough to make a good book in my opinion.
    Now here comes the important thing. The character is not the be blamed for the failure but the creative team and the premise of it. That's an important distinction.
    I bet if this book would have featured Batman instead it would probably have sold a bit better but it still would have been far below expectations.
    I mean we are hopefully not arguing about the popularity of the character, right? After all we are talking about one who made 19th place in a popularity poll with over a 1000 votes. She is unquestionably one of DCs more recognizable characters so the failure of the book is not to be blamed on the character itself but on other factors.
    Of course I don't know if DC can actually make that distinction and it would be asinine to try the same direction/style again after it not working the first time.

I want Black Canary. Just don't expect me to eat up and support any wacky idea or whatever they put on it. Not buying it is the most effective and best solution to show dissatisfaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Ideally Fletcher-Stewart-Tarr will get Birds of Prey so that Tarr can draw Black Canary on a monthly basis again and
    Batgirl fans can stop complaining about their book being "hipsterized" or whatever such drivel.
    What about keeping that team on Batgirl instead?
    That way Im happy and Batgirl fans who don't like it either can then just buy the other book with her in it.
    "This is me being reasonable"

I have to chime in here.
    I bought the first issue of the current Black Canary run because I love the character but I didn't found it good. The art was highly polarizing to say the least and the entire premise of her being in a rock band and going on tour sounds like crazy fan-fiction without context. Sales for this book are low and I fully support the book being cancelled. It featured a character that I liked and that was pretty much it. That's not enough to make a good book in my opinion.
    Now here comes the important thing. The character is not the be blamed for the failure but the creative team and the premise of it. That's an important distinction.
    I bet if this book would have featured Batman instead it would probably have sold a bit better but it still would have been far below expectations.
    I mean we are hopefully not arguing about the popularity of the character, right? After all we are talking about one who made 19th place in a popularity poll with over a 1000 votes. She is unquestionably one of DCs more recognizable characters so the failure of the book is not to be blamed on the character itself but on other factors.
    Of course I don't know if DC can actually make that distinction and it would be asinine to try the same direction/style again after it not working the first time.

I want Black Canary. Just don't expect me to eat up and support any wacky idea or whatever they put on it. Not buying it is the most effective and best solution to show dissatisfaction.

What about keeping that team on Batgirl instead?
    That way Im happy and Batgirl fans who don't like it either can then just buy the other book with her in it.
    Critical success vs fan complaints. Fans wanted superhero Dinah. That's not what this book was ever about. The new direction was set up in Batgirl. And despite low sales, it was often reviewed positively. To be honest, I don't think the character could support an ongoing no matter what. That's not a knock on the character, who is a favorite of mine as well.

And I don't blame the character OR the creative team and premise. People just didn't give it a chance.

The list of titles is no surprise to me. Looks like DC is going to focus on getting their core books and characters for the most part which makes sense to me. I would bet, as some of these bi-weekly books revert to monthlies down the road, that we'll get more of the characters currently among the missing in new books then.I'd rather they start out with a strong core of books then introduce more characters/books gradually as they get worthwhile pitches then trying to roll out everything all at once.

That being said, here's my initial list of stuff that I'm getting because I like making lists.

Rebirth Specials: ( Unless the premise and creative team turn me off later)
    Aquaman
    Batman
    Deathstroke
    Flash
    Green Arrow
    Harley Quinn
    Justice League
    Nightwing
    Suicide Squad
    Superman
    Titans
    Wonder Woman

Bi-Weekly books:
    Batman
    Detective Comics
    Deathstroke
    Green Arrow
    Harley Quinn
    Justice League (Maybe. Depends on who is on the team)
    Justice League America (same as JL)
    Nightwing
    Suicide Squad ( Like the JL books, depends on who is on the team)

Monthlies:
    Titans ( as long as it's Dick and the gang)

More than enough books for me. Hoping to see Catwoman and Batwoman in Detective Comics if not new series' some time in the future. No hurry though as I am looking at potentially around 20 books a month from DC as it looks now.Even at $3 a pop, that's a lot of money to spend on comics considering I buy stuff besides DC too.