Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The constant going back to #1 because of the speculators is yet another reason to drop the floppies and go all-digital.

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Twice a month - every two weeks - every Fortnight (two weeks) - Fortnightly!

Well, leaving aside that most of DC's customers wouldn't know what they were talking about if they said they were shipping "fortnightly," (it isn't a term Americans use) that and "every two weeks," are actually not correct, as some months have five Wednesdays, but as far as I know that doesn't mean that titles would ship three times in the same month. DC seems to be saying "biweekly," which also isn't technically correct because of the fifth Wednesday problem. I guess "twice a month" is the safest description.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Well, leaving aside that most of DC's customers wouldn't know what they were talking about if they said they were shipping "fortnightly," (it isn't a term Americans use) that and "every two weeks," are actually not correct, as some months have five Wednesdays, but as far as I know that doesn't mean that titles would ship three times in the same month. DC seems to be saying "biweekly," which also isn't technically correct because of the fifth Wednesday problem. I guess "twice a month" is the safest description.
    I think that's right.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    If we've learned anything from DC with the new 52 its safe to say a good portion of these titles will get cancelled or just go back to monthly shipping to prevent cancellation.
    DC won't commit to this 2.99 system either
    Diminishing returns basically forced them to quietly abandon it early on
    Now they have a double shipping system that gets an extra dollar from you every month.

Is it going to work? probably not
    I imagine this lineup will look very different by december
    I think we a re good for the year, the films will be consistent promo for the CBKs
    Unless deathstroke is in suicide squad, he will be cancelled, cyborg will hold on once people see him in BVS
    Basically if you appear in any film this year you are guaranteed safty

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I think we a re good for the year, the films will be consistent promo for the CBKs
    Unless deathstroke is in suicide squad, he will be cancelled, cyborg will hold on once people see him in BVS
    Basically if you appear in any film this year you are guaranteed safty
    Just because a comic has a successful movie/TV adaptation doesn't guarantee that it will do well. Look at sales for Green Arrow and the Flash. Despite the popularity of their shows, neither of their comics are selling well. Marvel just released books for some of the Guardians of the Galaxy, none of them have been successful. There's really not much of a connection between comic books and their adaptations in terms of popularity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Just because a comic has a successful movie/TV adaptation doesn't guarantee that it will do well. Look at sales for Green Arrow and the Flash. Despite the popularity of their shows, neither of their comics are selling well. Marvel just released books for some of the Guardians of the Galaxy, none of them have been successful. There's really not much of a connection between comic books and their adaptations in terms of popularity.
    I was astonished in the case of Flash, which is enjoying a solid (if overall unspectacular) run right now (oops). The series is such a success, and for good reason imo. I had no idea how little impact those movies had on comic sales. Makes me worry a little about the future of comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Götterdämmerung View Post
    I was astonished in the case of Flash, which is enjoying a solid (if overall unspectacular) run right now (oops). The series is such a success, and for good reason imo. I had no idea how little impact those movies had on comic sales. Makes me worry a little about the future of comics.
    I'm no expert, but I think if companies started advertising their actual comics, as opposed to just merchandise/adaptations, actual book sales might do better. When's the last time we've seen an actual comic book ad outside of a store or website dedicated to them?

The problem is that books don't make nearly as much money as movies, video games, etc and aren't as much of a priority for the companies to advertise. I agree, I'm concerned for the future of comics as well.

Can Deathstroke finally get a good book!! And will he be old again and with one eye???

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I'm no expert, but I think if companies started advertising their actual comics, as opposed to just merchandise/adaptations, actual book sales might do better. When's the last time we've seen an actual comic book ad outside of a store or website dedicated to them?

The problem is that books don't make nearly as much money as movies, video games, etc and aren't as much of a priority for the companies to advertise. I agree, I'm concerned for the future of comics as well.
    Another issue is that watching a TV show is a very passive thing - it's already coming into your house, you just have to catch it. However, the percentage of the audience who actually wants to seek out anything about the material and/or reads for enjoyment, is probably very small.

EDIT: Note that it does seem that among people who already read comics, having a TV show/movie out can increase readers.
    Last edited by GlennSimpson; 02-22-2016 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    After re-reading the linup announcement on Newsarama

http://www.newsarama.com/28044-dc-re...ew-titles.html

it says "No creative teams or specific release dates have been announced, but DC plans to reveal that on May 26."

Please tell me that we are not going to have to pre-order for 3 months without creative teams... Please tell me that was a typo and its meant to say February 26th.
    It's March 26th. And then in May 25th, DC Universe Rebirth will be released.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    It's March 26th. And then in May 25th, DC Universe Rebirth will be released.
    2 things.

1. June Solicits will be released before March 26th. SO will they just release the solicits with no creative teams attached?

2. May Solicits have already been released... DC Universe Rebirth was not a part of it. Will this be released with June Solicits and just released in May or what?
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBH3 View Post
    Can Deathstroke finally get a good book!! And will he be old again and with one eye???
    What I don't understand is, given how lean dc's line-up is, why has deathstroke out of everyone been given his own series again?????

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBH3 View Post
    He only has one eye in his current book.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyprincess View Post
    What I don't understand is, given how lean dc's line-up is, why has deathstroke out of everyone been given his own series again?????
    my guess is they plan to capitalize on the characters expected popularity from the film.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyprincess View Post
    He built up a reasonable renewed interest based on his "Arrow" appearances.