Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Back when I used to "collect" runs and went to cons to hunt through bins and such, Sensational She-Hulk #36 was the hardest find. I eventually did find it, but I'd been trying to complete the Byrne run for about 15 years. Sadder too when you see most issues in dollar/quarter bins, just never that one for me for some reason (ended up paying $6.00 for it, and felt it a bargain after the wait).

she-hulk 36.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    Blade Runner is one of my all-time favorite movies, and last year I finally got Marvel's adaptation. Could have bought a collected edition, but I wanted the originals.
    I love Blade Runner, and I've always liked Archie Goodwin's writing. Never knew these existed, though. How are they?

Also, are the Indiana Jones omnibii/omnibuses/omnibeeses worth reading?

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    I love Blade Runner, and I've always liked Archie Goodwin's writing. Never knew these existed, though. How are they?
    ?
    absolutely stunning. One of the very first comics I ever bought.

I still need all of the Wein/Wrightson "Swamp Thing" issues. I am missing about three. They shouldn't be too hard to get but I just haven't done it. For that matter, I also need 3-4 more of the later issues to have the full series. Again, just haven't done it.

I would also like a full run of "Werewolf by Night" and "Master of Kung Fu." My holes in those are a mixture of issues that shouldn't be too hard to get and some that will be up there in price.
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    These are separate scans of my grails that I stitched together.

Not bragging but I have all of these actually. Not the Iron Fist one as far as I know though.

My introduction to comic books was a gift certificate for my birthday that I received. It started with Incredible Hulk #178. I actually had 2 copies of Incredible Hulk #180 and 181. Marvel sent me 2 copies of Incredible Hulk every month for the first 6 months for some weird reason. I sent them a letter letting them know and it took them that long to process the correction. They actually gave me a year free of charge for letting them know the error of their ways.

Mine is Avengers #166. I had been a subsriber of Avengers since #150. There had been a processing error for my renewal and for some reason I never got #166. I tried tracking it down after I got 167 but I couldn't find it anywhere. This was back in 1977-78ish and I was all of 8-9 years old at the time. I checked every 7-11 and Pharmacy I could to no avail. When Comic Book stores started popping up I would check in my LCBS every week from roughly 1982 until I tracked it down in December of 1991 when I was back from college for Christmas break.

Now, Probably Detective Comics #27. I actually found one like 15 years ago and the asking price was like $10,000. A steal by today's standards.

I have a bunch of my Uncle's old Detective Comics and Action Comics. I think my earliest is Detective Comics #80. I have one #84 or 85 with 2 Jokers on the cover. That one is in really good shape all things considered.

Mine was Amazing Fantasy #15. Got it about 10 years ago, but it has since been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post

Also, are the Indiana Jones omnibii/omnibuses/omnibeeses worth reading?
    Blade Runner is very well done. Probably one of the better comic book adaptations of a movie that I've seen. The artwork is pretty gorgeous, too.

The Indiana Jones comics vary in quality. With so many issues, naturally some are better than others. I haven't finished reading the whole set, but for the most part I've enjoyed them.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    absolutely stunning. One of the very first comics I ever bought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    Blade Runner is very well done. Probably one of the better comic book adaptations of a movie that I've seen. The artwork is pretty gorgeous, too.

The Indiana Jones comics vary in quality. With so many issues, naturally some are better than others. I haven't finished reading the whole set, but for the most part I've enjoyed them.
    Good to know. Speaking of adaptations, I dug through my LCS's quarter bin on FCBD and found an issue of Marvel's Battlestar Galactica series. I haven't read it yet, but it looks fun.

EDIT: Found an image of the cover.

Well, for a long, long, loooong time, it was Adventure Comics #247. It was a sickness.

But I got better.
    I know there was something else here before, but I forgot what it was. Must not have been important.

Incredible Member

Mine might be the first appearance of Grendel, Mage #6 right? Or was it Comico Primer #2?

New Gods #2. When I was 8 I bought the other 10 issues of Kirby's original series for $1 a piece. It took me about 20 years to finally track down a copy of issue 2 and it ended costing more than the other issues combined.

Not one issue but it took me a long time to collect a complete run of the original New Mutants.
    Adam Wallenta
    Illustrator/Writer

My new all-ages graphic novel I created with my 5-year-old son, "PUNK TACO" is available now.
    PUNK TACO is about a lovable alien taco that rocks out across the galaxy with his band of misfits, fighting evil and anyone in need.

PUNKTACO.com

PUNK TACO on AMAZON

Fantastic Four #48-50

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Mine might be the first appearance of Grendel, Mage #6 right? Or was it Comico Primer #2?
    Comico Primer #2 was the first appearance of Grendel. It came out a couple of years before Mage #6. Mage #6 was Grendel's first appearance in color, though. I think that some of the art in those early Primers is kind of sketchy, but the artwork improved in a hurry for many of the artists.