Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Always Rakzo

You people wanted Young Justice back?

Well, you will get it... just in an almost non-existent plot and an opening that just revolves around the idea of how much people wanted Young Justice back.

The characters simply appear out of nowhere without much rhyme or reason which I suppose is good for the sake of fanservice but it lets too many questions unanswered about previous incarnations and interpretations that it simply doesn't work well as a first issue.

The art was pretty at the very least.

Is a beginning I guess, just not a truly satisfying one.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post

Well, you will get it... just in an almost non-existent plot and an opening that just revolves around the idea of how much people wanted Young Justice back.

The characters simply appear out of nowhere without much rhyme or reason which I suppose is good for the sake of fanservice but it lets too many questions unanswered about previous incarnations and interpretations that it simply doesn't work well as a first issue.

I don't think anyone anticipated all answers in the first issue especially with Bendis writing it.

With Bendis we won't get answers the first year but he has the cushion of knowing the fans just wanted the team back, myself included. If it hadn't been so long since we had a YJ book I would probably be roasting this issue and it's non existent plot. Gleason came through big time though and i love the characters so i will stick around.

I think it's more in the style of a James Bond film opening. Just get a lot of people blazing away at high speed with guns at a quipping James Bond in the first five minutes before you start with the actual plot.

Art was nice.

Astonishing Member

Its only been one issue, but YJ is the best thing Bendis has written for DC since he arrived.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

YJ I think is more in his wheel house, and the first few issues of the original YJ had no real plot, just them working as a team.

I enjoyed it. I don't mind if Bendis slowly unfolds how the team got back together. Still wish they'd have gone with t-shirt Kon, but the last page as nice. Can't wait for the rest of the team to be reunited.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Incredible Member

I mean i don't think anyone really cared about the previous incarnations post flashpoint. WG's story is going to be explained next issue, Superboy's story in issue 3. Bart's story will be explained in the flash annual.

It was a very satisfying issue. I rather have Bendis just ignore continuity and make good issues than trip over New 52 Kon, or Bar Torr or 'I'm not Wonder Girl!' Cassie.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I think it's more in the style of a James Bond film opening. Just get a lot of people blazing away at high speed with guns at a quipping James Bond in the first five minutes before you start with the actual plot.
    Then the action should have been better and deal with more interesting stuff than simply "Young Justice is back!".

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    YJ I think is more in his wheel house, and the first few issues of the original YJ had no real plot, just them working as a team.
    Except that the dynamics between the characters was handled much better in David's first issue alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    I mean i don't think anyone really cared about the previous incarnations post flashpoint. WG's story is going to be explained next issue, Superboy's story in issue 3. Bart's story will be explained in the flash annual.

It was a very satisfying issue. I rather have Bendis just ignore continuity and make good issues than trip over New 52 Kon, or Bar Torr or 'I'm not Wonder Girl!' Cassie.
    It doesn't really matter if someone cared or not about previous continuity (I personally hated Bar-Torr) but that history should still be addressed somehow.

I mean, I completely detest what happened during Ben Percy's run on Green Arrow due that it pretty much made everything that happened during Jeff Lemire's run worse along with a few other things but I still wouldn't like writers to simply act like it never existed without any explanation because it would screw all continuity.

Why does Bar-Torr need to be addressed? He's out of continuity. Or if he isn't out of continuity, he'd be a completely different character now independent of this Bart. In-continuity past should, and by all accounts will be addressed. We know for absolute certain that Kon-El's will. We already have set up for backstory for Cassie, and Bart confirms in this very issue that he has a "Kid Flash" past. So the stuff that matters is already being set up to be addressed. But Bar-Torr is meaningless now.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-09-2019 at 02:43 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

So far, it’s not bad, I guess.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Fantastic Member

LMAO at caring about DC continuity in 2019z

I enjoyed the issue a lot. It was great to see Conner again as well as the rest of the team. i have a huge attachment to these characters and can't wait to see what comes next.

I liked this first number the truth I missed seeing conner, cassie, bart and tim together
    I hope that from here they will remain four like the good friends they were before flashpoint