Page 369 of 400 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373379 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 5990
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Finally read War-Monger #2 last night. For a book that has so far worked in flashback mode with a dual narrative I'm at least still intrigued.
    Curious to see where things go with issue #3 now after that ending.
    I had bought the first three issues and finally read it in one sitting yesterday, and...man, this is one of the worst comics I've ever read. The dialog is so stilted and feels particularly forced in terms of portraying the character's humor and profanity. Really awkward. The way the story progresses legitimately has me convinced there may be panels or even entire pages missing from the original script. I like Pinna's art, for the most part, and I guess if I'm being generous I would say this is kind of an interesting concept for a character...she could work as a complement to Gilad and Armstrong if they use her again in the future. But, yeah, this is pretty bad.

Incredible Member

Incursion #1-3

Now, this I like. The whole concept of the Deadside, as well as the Geomancer stuff, never really made a lot of sense or appealed to me, but this story kind of brings the two together in a way I find interesting. I've also enjoyed reading more of Doctor Mirage as they've brought her more to the forefront with crossovers like this and Faith: Dreamside. Braithwaite's art is as impressive as always.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keeen View Post
    I had bought the first three issues and finally read it in one sitting yesterday, and...man, this is one of the worst comics I've ever read. The dialog is so stilted and feels particularly forced in terms of portraying the character's humor and profanity. Really awkward. The way the story progresses legitimately has me convinced there may be panels or even entire pages missing from the original script. I like Pinna's art, for the most part, and I guess if I'm being generous I would say this is kind of an interesting concept for a character...she could work as a complement to Gilad and Armstrong if they use her again in the future. But, yeah, this is pretty bad.
    Reading it month in/out as it is released I clearly didn't feel the same way.
    I typically try to do a reread on a mini once it is completed. Lets see if it strikes me differently the second time around.

We agree on Incursion it seems, except I've always liked Dr. Mirage.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mirage is one of my favorite characters. Interesting premise, lets see where it goes.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Shame that it's a limited series, once again. I would love for some magic side of Val to have an ongoing. Punk, Mirage, Shadowman, some one lol. Maybe a magic team book?
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Finally read War-Monger #3...a real big retcon reveal going on there.
    They are saying that Vexana (War-Monger) is....
    spoilers:
    an Anni-Pada, related to the Immortal Brothers. VALIANT has pulled off it's own Angela(half sister to Thor now) type thing here.
    end of spoilers
    Where do we go from here? New questions arise due to this.

Finally read War-Monger #3...a real big retcon reveal going on there.
    They are saying that Vexana (War-Monger) is....
    spoilers:
    an Anni-Pada, related to the Immortal Brothers. VALIANT has pulled off it's own Angela(half sister to Thor now) type thing here.
    end of spoilers
    Where do we go from here? New questions arise due to this.
    Recently finished reading Incursion#4 and it was a good EW mini-series. I honestly feel now that the dinosaur book they teased will involve Gil and Tamma as they return to a modern city, liking the father/daughter dynamic they have. The dino-book is supposed to be an ongoing, so maybe other Immortals would show up.

I agree about Incursion #4. Giliad "settling down" is a somewhat unique take on the character vs how we've seen him over the last 25 yrs in various books.
    Not sure about him and Tamara fighting the Dino's though unless Savage joins the book as a support character. Who knows though, the answer will present itself soon enough.

Just read War Monger #4 from last week and I enjoyed it, the whole mini really.
    I just don't buy the concept that none of the brothers recall having a younger sister somehow. Now, granted she also didn't seem to recall having 3 brothers so maybe I can buy the reason that it was a side affect of the Boon.

Anyway, this mini-series essentially serves as a lengthy origin and the real fun with Vexana(War Monger) can now really begin. I look forward to that.

Astonishing Member

Is the current Valiant universe the longest continuously published superhero universe outside of DC and Marvel? I know Spawn and Savage Dragon go back to the '90s but they've had some intermittent breaks in between.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Is the current Valiant universe the longest continuously published superhero universe outside of DC and Marvel? I know Spawn and Savage Dragon go back to the '90s but they've had some intermittent breaks in between.
    I think so, yea. Even if not, it's easily the most expansive.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    The current Valiant universe (VEI) started in 2012 and is still ongoing. Some of their original titles did get canceled and relaunched, but overall its the same universe that started in 2012.
    Others: Hellboy universe, continuous mini-series that started since around 1993.
    Project black sky(CGW 2.0), started around 2013 and ended around 2015.
    Catalyst prime (Lionforge), started around 2017 and is still currently active.

I agree about Incursion #4. Giliad "settling down" is a somewhat unique take on the character vs how we've seen him over the last 25 yrs in various books.
    Not sure about him and Tamara fighting the Dino's though unless Savage joins the book as a support character. Who knows though, the answer will present itself soon enough.
    It's just Gilaad does cool stuff...

His motivation was never really clear.