Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Grim View Post
    I don't think we'll ever see him again. As big as the character is, he still had untapped potential. Fans need to be louder, like ask questions at the cons. Something.
    Fans have been asking nonstop and even non comic book reading fans are asking what is the issue? And all we get is excuse after excuse.

Or trolls get on messageboards or threads like this trashing him. Using the excuse he doesn't sell. Yet have no comment on the many books that sold less than him or the odd choices in properties that get comics.

Funny how Bob's Burgers, Steven Universe, Regular Show and the cartoon network family can get series and not one troll screams that tv fans won't touch comics.

Funny all those books seem to state the opposite.

Funny what happens when you put talent on books, let them do their job and they honestly care about the book they are working on. Maybe one day Static will get that chance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Fans have been asking nonstop and even non comic book reading fans are asking what is the issue? And all we get is excuse after excuse.

Or trolls get on messageboards or threads like this trashing him. Using the excuse he doesn't sell. Yet have no comment on the many books that sold less than him or the odd choices in properties that get comics.

Funny how Bob's Burgers, Steven Universe, Regular Show and the cartoon network family can get series and not one troll screams that tv fans won't touch comics.

Funny all those books seem to state the opposite.

Funny what happens when you put talent on books, let them do their job and they honestly care about the book they are working on. Maybe one day Static will get that chance.
    Well said, agrd & cosignd!

BANNED

Static needs a spot. Make him a member of JLA please.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Static needs a spot. Make him a member of JLA please.
    I would have never thought of putting him in the JLA but I think it's a great idea. Maybe they can expand his powers like reading energy signals from deep space.

BANNED

DC shd just gv Static a fair chance by letting Rozum actually write & develop his ideas partnerd with a superb artist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rightsuperhero View Post
    I would have never thought of putting him in the JLA but I think it's a great idea. Maybe they can expand his powers like reading energy signals from deep space.
    Why not?

Static needs Rozum teamed with fellow writer Geoff Johns (not only for some ideas but lets face it, his name alone sells books) And A decent artist, i would like Jim Lee BUT i know that wouldnt happen.

Reasons
    1) Rozum- Knows the character better then anyone. Obviously he is needed
    2) Geoff- Not only would his name alone bring fans over but i feel he could really give static a new feeling but he would also give him something that new readers would be able to grip onto
    3) Jim Lee- same main reason as Geoff, his name would bring people over and his art is BEAUTIFUL.
    Milestone 2.0 is happening and i am so excited. Looks like i know where my money is going.

BANNED

Jim Lee is perfect for Static.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Grim View Post
    Jim Lee is perfect for Static.
    How about Mike Deodato Jr?

I highly doubt DC would put its biggest creators on a Static book. Especially since they don't seem to care much about the character.

Fantastic Member

Here's a thought. Bring Reggie Hudlin over to DC and have him write Static. He was friends with Dwayne and I'm sure he'll do right by the character.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Static needs Rozum teamed with fellow writer Geoff Johns (not only for some ideas but lets face it, his name alone sells books) And A decent artist, i would like Jim Lee BUT i know that wouldnt happen.

2) Geoff- Not only would his name alone bring fans over but i feel he could really give static a new feeling but he would also give him something that new readers would be able to grip onto
    3) Jim Lee- same main reason as Geoff, his name would bring people over and his art is BEAUTIFUL.
    Those two would have every anti Static person come out the wood work to help get that book cancelled.

Folks would be DETERMINED to prove it's STATIC who is the issue not who writes/draws him. The bigger the name the more the hate comes out.

You want a Static book? Call IDW and work out the same deal that the Cartoon Network comics have.

Folks don't want him in DC. So lets IDW have him and if that book sales like My Little Pony-that would be a plus.

Because the only other way is someone starts kickstarter to raise money to cover all costs for a Static graphic novel. I think that would send a message that folks are serious about wanting Static back in print.

Long Beach Comic Con announces Dwayne McDuffie award!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/09/...cduffie-award/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    How about Mike Deodato Jr?
    Nothing against Lee, he's gr8&we/SZ lyk his art but dammit we/SZ wud 2 c wat Deodato cud do on Static.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Long Beach Comic Con announces Dwayne McDuffie award!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/09/...cduffie-award/
    Dats brilliant...serious thnx 2 u Robotman 4 sharing dis.