Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    There are two hardcovers as well.
    Added.

Thanks for the info!

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    She doesn't have to be his love interest, I just want her to appear. Plus, you can have a character be a love interest and still make them awesome/interesting in their own right. Just because JLD hasn't been doing the best job with that doesn't mean that it CANNOT be done if the writing is good enough. Case in point, Peggy Carter in the Captain America movie.
    Yeah, like I said, I can be okay with her being in the show. I just don't want her to be Constantine's Laurel Lance. If she's not his love interest at all? No romance whatsoever? Excellent! If she IS his love interest, but she's actually cool and competent and not dependent on him? Well, I still don't like the pairing, but I can accept it easily enough.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Astonishing Member

It's worth pointing out that Constantine fans don't like New 52 Constantine either.

Epiphany was a better love interest for him in Hellblazer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    It's worth pointing out that Constantine fans don't like New 52 Constantine either.

Yeah, he is a self serving jerk in Nu52. I heard he is a bit of an ass in Hellblazer too but in JLD #10, the guy took his friends to a magical mansion which binds their fates to each other so he can call on them even if they leave him. That was a dick move especially as Zatanna pointed out, she and the others would have helped him anyway.
    Last edited by John Venus; 05-03-2014 at 02:56 AM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post

I've never been more interested in Constantine than in the New 52. Justice League Dark made me a big fan of the character.

Back to Zatanna:

Last edited by Dr. Poison; 05-03-2014 at 05:20 AM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Last edited by marshal99; 05-03-2014 at 08:09 AM.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

She was OK in Hellblazer, but loved her in BoM. She alternates between a cool big sister to a fantasy crush. I'd love to read Seven Soldiers and Everyday Magic.

Spectacular Member Tula's boyfriend's Avatar

Loved her since Justice League Detroit!

It's cool that she has taken over the JL Dark and is showing her strength as a leader. JLD #29 was a good showing for the character with her being quite a badass. I think she'll be getting a lot of great moments in the coming months.

made love for my fave DC magician wish she would have her own series i would waste my money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    So is anyone going to pick up the Black Canary/Zatanna OGN that's coming out soon? Also, I hope that she appears in the Constantine TV show at some point.
    A pre-flashpoint Canary and Zatanna? Yeah, this is on whatever level comes above 'must-buy' for me!

Does anyone have any more suggestions they would like for me to add the recommendations list?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Angel View Post
    made love for my fave DC magician wish she would have her own series i would waste my money on it.
    Currently, she is on Justice League Dark. However, she did haver her own series and several mini's and one shot's in the past which you could check out.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    She was OK in Hellblazer, but loved her in BoM. She alternates between a cool big sister to a fantasy crush. I'd love to read Seven Soldiers and Everyday Magic.

I highly recommend them. They are very good! Everyday Magic is a good place to start when it comes to modern Zatanna.

Justice league by Brian Bolland

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    So glad this wasn't made yet.

Welcome to the thread where we show love to the Mistress of Magic!

"The world is a scary place. If I can show a friendlier side of magic then it benefits everyone. Mystic or mortal."

Zatanna #1 (2011)

Attachment 532
    1st off, Thanks For Starting this Thread John Venus! :-)

I have always found Zatanna one of the more interesting and Unique heroes of DC with what I know about her. One could say my own fandom of her counterpart of Marvel, The Scarlet Witch helped me with my early fandom of her, but it is also the other way around, Zatanna helped my fandom of Scarlet Witch as well!

Zatanna's long line of being from a Magical family, her blood of the Homo Magi. Her Unique was of not just saying spells, but having to learn a whole new form of talking, backwards to do all her spells, it was just impressive to me, no one else outside of her and her family does it like that in any Comic I know of! Her Superhero theme is just Retro Cool and Lovely Looking, her classic magician's look, female version and top-hat, it one of the themes of DC that I like the most, homage to Retro ages of comics and society. Her look, you know who she is and what she is about right away, it reminds you of when you where young and the who a Magician was and how they look, that is just paying respect to all our experiences growing up IMO!

These are just some of the Reasons I Like this Lovely Lady Hero! I like that Image above as well John Venus, Symbolizes ALL of who Zatanna is and is about and On a Magical Care Indeed! Love it! =D

One of the media forms outside of comics that helped my fandom of Zatanna grow with the show Justice League: Unlimited! Her showing in that show just made her cool, knowledgeable, her voice actress was on par, great attitude, witty and shows how much one of the GREATEST heroes in History has respect towards her, Batman!

Last edited by CJStriker; 05-03-2014 at 04:41 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

zatanna young justice
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HunterX; 05-04-2014 at 01:41 AM.