Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Kind of embarrassing for Apocalypse to be referred to as the First Mutant at all at this point.
    Tbh its real sad, by now hes probably the 50th (not literally)
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Kind of embarrassing for Apocalypse to be referred to as the First Mutant at all at this point.
    I've always wanted Marvel to reveal who the first mutant was and what his/her powers were. Looks like she might have been a redhead Phoenix host.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    He's like, the 3rd. :P I can accept the 3rd.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    He's like, the 3rd. :P I can accept the 3rd.
    There are a few Externals older than Apocalypse, and that's without counting Selene. En Sabah Nur's way down the list now, esp. if mutants really are a million years old.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I've always wanted Marvel to reveal who the first mutant was and what his/her powers were. Looks like she might have been a redhead Phoenix host.
    Non-mutants (Necrom/Feron, that Shiar dude with the sword, Thane) have had the Phoenix Force, though, so I don't think it's clear that this host is a mutant.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I think Selene gets that honour.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    It was a pretty cool title when it came out and then there was Selene who debuted much earlier than Apocalypse. I do wonder whether was through retcons did Selene get to be older than him?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I think Selene gets that honour.
    Not if this Phoenix is a mutant. Selene was born in 17,000 BC or so (Necrosha). Phoenix was born PRIOR to 1,000,000 years ago.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

It was a pretty cool title when it came out and then there was Selene who debuted much earlier than Apocalypse. I do wonder whether was through retcons did Selene get to be older than him?
    No, it wasn’t a retcon. Writers were just ignorant of how old Selene was.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Were you not the user querying Storms ancestry? Which is an x-staple like Xavier's baldness. People aren't presenting a scan go derail a thread. People are presenting a scan answer your question. Additionally, given that Storm ancestry would be relevant to a thread called mutants 1000000BC
    I was the one that brought up Storm's ancestry. I brought it up because it has been established for decades that her mutant/goddess/priestess/witch ancestry warranted discussion considering the topic. This idea that mutants have been retconned to be around for millions of years isn't really a retcon unless you completely ignore Storm's character. How are people upset that this thread is in direct connection to HER mythos? Lol the absurdity...
    I made a comment about someone else making it about Storm and then continued on with a relevant discussion. It was BBeeryan that started the discussion of Storm in this thread.
    I mentioned Storm in this thread because her narrative demanded it due solely to the fact that her maternal line traces back to the dawn of humanity. There's an obvious connection to anyone paying attention. I brought Storm up in yours or whoever's review threads of X-red because Storm's character warranted it. Her presence was felt over that title for the sole reason that the only real connections Jean had with T'Challa, Nehzno, Wakanda AND Namor was Storm's connection to all of them. She was the common thread. It all pointed to it too, considering you just mentioned that she is in the book now. Those are more connections that people that want to dismiss talk of Storm overlook. And it was absolutely logical that Cassie was scared of the "her" she sneaked in the mansion to attack. It just so happened that the writer comfirmed it was Jean. Ok, and? I never dismissed that option. Your point? You are being ridiculous because you're willfully ignoring that all the discussions you are bringing up logically would have included Storm whether you like it or not. Objective truths are what's being discussed, not your feelings.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    to be fair the point he made was relevant to the topic of discussion.. and seriously if people don't want to.talk about them dont engage in that discussion. bb hasn't been the one derailing this thread talking about storm fans it's been others.
    Exactly my point. People seem bent out of shape when the conversation logically and organically shifts in her direction. It's comical!

But aren't the Avengers B.C humans? So the mutants didn't precede them? Idk. This whole Avengers BC thing is pure nonsense.

Not if this Phoenix is a mutant. Selene was born in 17,000 BC or so (Necrosha). Phoenix was born PRIOR to 1,000,000 years ago.
    Huh you don't say? That means Marvel just did it again made the X-Men timeline even more convoluted.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    No, it wasn’t a retcon. Writers were just ignorant of how old Selene was.
    Wow that's not right then. I can't believe Simonson and his fellow creators didn't bother to research that. Marvel really should keep a record of what has and what hasn't been done before.

Selene's birth was 17,000 years ago so ~15,000 BC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    But aren't the Avengers B.C humans? So the mutants didn't precede them? Idk. This whole Avengers BC thing is pure nonsense.
    I'm reading the first issue later... mostly for the art and because I love the Celestials. Hopefully the story and the Phoenix jobbing won't be too horrible.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    All spieces of Homo are human.

Wow that's not right then. I can't believe Simonson and his fellow creators didn't bother to research that. Marvel really should keep a record of what has and what hasn't been done before.
    It wasn’t Simonson’s idea. Him being the “first mutant” was mentioned in the late 90s mini-series Rise of Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    It wasn’t Simonson’s idea. Him being the “first mutant” was mentioned in the late 90s mini-series Rise of Apocalypse.
    Then whose idea was it to put it in there?

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I was the one that brought up Storm's ancestry. I brought it up because it has been established for decades that her mutant/goddess/priestess/witch ancestry warranted discussion considering the topic. This idea that mutants have been retconned to be around for millions of years isn't really a retcon unless you completely ignore Storm's character. How are people upset that this thread is in direct connection to HER mythos? Lol the absurdity...
    OK, I'm probably going to regret this, but what is the connection to Storm's mythos? The retcon is about mutants being around 1 million years ago (before regular humans). The scan ExodusCloak posted said that her ancestors were magic users. There is nothing that mentions them being mutants. As far as I know, none of Storm's ancestors were mutants (not even her parents), so I don't see anything that contradicts Storm's history or character.