Page 85 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3575818283848586878889 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1364
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She looks good in black boots .
    But are they better with pirate flair at the top, or nice straight cut to the pants?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    But are they better with pirate flair at the top, or nice straight cut to the pants?
    Pirate boots? PIRATE BOOTS?! Noooooooooooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Pirate boots? PIRATE BOOTS?! Noooooooooooooo.
    That may or may not have been just for you
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Incredible Member

That may or may not have been just for you
    I may or may not have realized that

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She looks good in black boots .
    agreed! I love black boots
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Incredible Member

I onlyy like the pirate boots with the spoiler outfit
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

Steph is solicited to appear in three comics in February - Robin Eternal #2, The Next Batman #4 (Batgirls backup), and Nightwing #2! And it looks like she's on the cover of Robin Eternal #2!

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-future...vers-revealed/

Incredible Member

Steph is solicited to appear in three comics in February - Robin Eternal #2, The Next Batman #4 (Batgirls backup), and Nightwing #2! And it looks like she's on the cover of Robin Eternal #2!

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-future...vers-revealed/
    Good eye, I missed her on that cover. That's the grown-up shorthaired version. I hope this is set at least 10 years in the future and she cuts off her hair 9.5 years from now.

The Future State books are one of those very rare times where most of the main covers (with two very unfortunate exceptions) are going to be better than the variants.

Incredible Member

Good eye, I missed her on that cover. That's the grown-up shorthaired version. I hope this is set at least 10 years in the future and she cuts off her hair 9.5 years from now.

The Future State books are one of those very rare times where most of the main covers (with two very unfortunate exceptions) are going to be better than the variants.
    Flash is looking awful

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    Flash is looking awful
    Agreed. But they haven't released the variant for #2 yet.

I do like the main cover for Flash #1, featuring the Flash Family, more than the variant for #1.

I also think the Legion of Super-Heroes variants beat Rossmo's main covers. Fans of Rossmo's might not agree. (Does he have any fans? They might be a silent majority. Mostly you just hear from his detractors.)

The Paquette cover for the first issue of Superman vs. Imperious Lex doesn't impress me either, vs. the variant by Simone di Meo.

Incredible Member

Speaking of variants, I just became aware that DC is sending Batgirl #50 to a second printing, with a new cover drawn by Rossmo -- but, believe it or not, I actually like it. Oh, Barbara's proportions are off, but with Rossmo's art that is a given. But it's got a really cool bat-theme, in oranges, yellows and greens. It looks like Barbara is even holding onto orange grappling lines (too thin to actually support her, but -- Rossmo!), and the lines terminate in batlike shapes.

This will be released 12/15, but has to be ordered by Sunday 11/15. I stumbled on it, and don't know how others might hear about it.

It's been a while since I posted an image, but I'll give it a try. A picture is worth a thousand words, they say.

7927_xl.jpg

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

Aye, she be a comely wench, maties.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chickfighter View Post
    you sound like Damian

The main covers seem to have a very digital painterly style as a group, similar to Joshua Middleton, Dereck Chew, or Artgerm's styles.

Speaking of variants, I just became aware that DC is sending Batgirl #50 to a second printing, with a new cover drawn by Rossmo -- but, believe it or not, I actually like it. Oh, Barbara's proportions are off, but with Rossmo's art that is a given. But it's got a really cool bat-theme, in oranges, yellows and greens. It looks like Barbara is even holding onto orange grappling lines (too thin to actually support her, but -- Rossmo!), and the lines terminate in batlike shapes.

This will be released 12/15, but has to be ordered by Sunday 11/15. I stumbled on it, and don't know how others might hear about it.

It's been a while since I posted an image, but I'll give it a try. A picture is worth a thousand words, they say.

7927_xl.jpg
    ...I don't want to derail too much, since we've already talked about the problems with Batgirl #50 for a long time, but...

why is this issue getting a reprint? That's horrible! This combined with Castellucci getting "The Batfamily" short story in Death Metal seems to imply that DC thinks that Castellucci is the writer of the Batfamily in the future.

It is a nice cover, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickfighter View Post
    Have at thee!

Incredible Member

Have at thee!
    damivssteph1.jpg damivssteph2.jpg damivstseph3.jpg

Just gonna leave these here