Page 95 of 177 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2641

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Speaking of Sinestro:

https://twitter.com/thebryanhitch/st...011128835?s=21

Looks like he’ll have a role to play in Thorne’s GL. Jo and Keli will have to keep the SC occupied while John tries to keep the GLCs alive, and get them back home.
    Interesting. I remember Thorne saying he won’t be using Sinestro much or anything that relates to the emotional spectrum, but it doesn’t mean they won’t be used at all. Because the writer still has to respect what was added to the mythos. Their roles won’t be as big as it was back then. That’s my guess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Interesting. I remember Thorne saying he won’t be using Sinestro much or anything that relates to the emotional spectrum, but it doesn’t mean they won’t be used at all. Because the writer still has to respect what was added to the mythos. Their roles won’t be as big as it was back then. That’s my guess.
    Yeah, Redjack has definitely shown a respect for past stories.

Well, Sinestro is still the franchises' default arch and the Corps. biggest enemy, so he's kind of hard to avoid...

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Speaking of Sinestro:

https://twitter.com/thebryanhitch/st...011128835?s=21

Looks like he’ll have a role to play in Thorne’s GL. Jo and Keli will have to keep the SC occupied while John tries to keep the GLCs alive, and get them back home.
    Well I mean come on if you were Sinestro wouldn’t you?

1. Power Battery blown up with OA in shambles
    2. Hal Jordan stranded on Earth
    3. Only one working Green Lantern and a kid with a knockoff glove in his way

I’d certainly strike while the Iron was hot.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Sinestro is still the franchises' default arch and the Corps. biggest enemy, so he's kind of hard to avoid...
    This is true. And he did mentioned (as best I can remember) about Sinestro in a recent interview where he characterized him as a character not similar to Black Adam, but rather like a political dictator that can say humanly things to sound reasonable, but his plans are evil. I would say that's how he really is deep down. And I agree with that statement.

This is true. And he did mentioned (as best I can remember) about Sinestro in a recent interview where he characterized him as a character not similar to Black Adam, but rather like a political dictator that can say humanly things to sound reasonable, but his plans are evil. I would say that's how he really is deep down. And I agree with that statement.
    Sinestro's basically like Megatron. "Peace through tyranny" and absolute, utter, control.

I think Adam is more outwardly compassionate and noble than Sinestro is, but the intentions behind how they act is the same. Which is why they got along well in Forever Evil.

Actually you know what is funny, Jo probably has no context for anything like Sinestro. She was given a special ring and then flew to the far end of the universe and was involved in a political murder mystery, she probably has never even seen or heard of a yellow lantern let alone Sinestro. So I guess along with the Battery exploding with this she's pretty much being thrown into the deep end as a new and only active green lantern.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Actually you know what is funny, Jo probably has no context for anything like Sinestro. She was given a special ring and then flew to the far end of the universe and was involved in a political murder mystery, she probably has never even seen or heard of a yellow lantern let alone Sinestro. So I guess along with the Battery exploding with this she's pretty much being thrown into the deep end as a new and only active green lantern.
    That's kind of funny to think of that moment where she calls out Hal asking where he was during that Future State backup when she's also missed so many universe ending storylines and near-corps. meltdowns .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sinestro's basically like Megatron. "Peace through tyranny" and absolute, utter, control.

I think Adam is more outwardly compassionate and noble than Sinestro is, but the intentions behind how they act is the same. Which is why they got along well in Forever Evil.
    Well yea, but Geoff Johns is the one who written Forever Evil and written both Black Adam and Sinestro as anti-heroes in different stories, rather than outright villains, which is the opposite of how previous writers defined them. It really comes to how Geoff Johns perceived those characters and the direction he wanted to take them.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well I mean come on if you were Sinestro wouldn’t you?

1. Power Battery blown up with OA in shambles
    2. Hal Jordan stranded on Earth
    3. Only one working Green Lantern and a kid with a knockoff glove in his way

I’d certainly strike while the Iron was hot.
    I think it's pretty obvious that Sinestro would be behind the idea of the Central Power battery getting destroyed, even though he may not have nothing to do with it. So it does make sense for Sinestro to look at this as an advantage.

BANNED

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

Stop drilling, you've hit oil.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

This looks good. I like the artwork!

So I looked at Redjack's 2 hour interview and it was great!

You can look at it here:

I don't remember everything, but here's a list of some thing that were discussed:

• There’s a possibility that Tai from Green Lantern legacy would be added in some kind of way, but it’s hard bringing him in, due to being in a different continuity.
    • We’re going to see more of the Thanagarian character, Ameryra Khalan. The possibility about her and John being in a relationship is up in the air.
    • We won’t see Orion in these arcs like we seen in Future State, but there’s a tease that someone from 4th world may make an appearance.
    • Dexter Soy may be (that's a big maybe) returning to the series
    • He noted that the Dark sectors where John and the team are exploring are between space and the promethean galaxies (which is part of DC continuity).
    • There’s a hint towards the end of the interview where it was asked what John Stewart readers should look forward to in the upcoming issues. Redjack mentions the word “Lighting” and country western tunes. hmmm...