Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

For Pete Wisdom to be an investigator he's pretty trusting of proclaimed mutant haters. What an idiot move by him!

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I have no idea why everyone was a dick to Shatterstar for no reason.
    Right?!? It's not like anyone looked for him and the poor thing has been brainwashed for months.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    pov: your boyfriend disappears for months without a word while you're going through a depressive episode and then shows up to a party covered in blood, ignoring everything that's happened, and expecting you to pick up where you left off
    He would and should have known that Shatterstar was kidnapped and brainwashed. That kinda logic don't fly dude.

Why is this still going, but X-factor is canceled? Ugh! Anyway, I did not enjoy this issue either. I wish I would stop buying it, but I love Gambit and Rogue too much to resist. Ah, well.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I have no idea why everyone was a dick to Shatterstar for no reason.
    Everyone in this title either have a crabby attitude or are often terrible to their friends even when in a good mood. It has been that way from the beginning of this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Stop trying to make Coven Akkaba happen, they are so, so boring.
    Super agreed! They are very boring and have been since the beginning. And I think it is ridiculous that they supposedly have enough acclaim and power to convince and decide for a whole country regarding Krakoa and the drugs. Are you seriously telling me the country wants to give up the alliance and drugs because they think ONE of their superheroes is not trustworthy and it's all based on the word of some weird magic coven? Give me a break!

So this issue was not bad. Obviously, I am critical of the writing, art, and coloring. But I think this is a step in the right direction.

I'm hoping in the upcoming arc we get a Betsy we are more familiar with moving forward.

Now that Rogue is gone here's hoping TH gives Gambit something to do other than complain and be Rogue's husband.

Although I'm an NOT into Rictor being a druid. I think being a Druid King is kind of a big deal, no?

Jubilee I just have no hope for her other than being the character that always has a baby in her arms.

Are we to assume that Meggan is preggo? I hope not because I wanted her to be a full member of the team.

My only concern is the Captain Britain/Patriotic/UK focus or angle will pull Betsy away from or limit her role in some major X-Men events that may be coming down the line.

I want her to be more involved in the Hickman/Ewing storylines as well.

My last thought though is that Pete Wisdom was an idiot in this issue.

And I find Coven Akkaba uninteresting.

Garbage.

Happy that Rogue is saved from this book.
    I hope Gambit will be saved from Howard someday too. No reason for him to be in this book and live in lighthouse.

Art is beautiful. To is great.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Everyone in this title either have a crabby attitude or are often terrible to their friends even when in a good mood. It has been that way from the beginning of this series.
    Totally agree. I only started following this series around X of Swords, and I don’t buy any of these characters as friends/family.
    They are all just grumpy complainers that are only friends since their dialogues explicitly says so. None of their actual conversations or actions seem like things friends would do.

Like others, magic and UK just seems so shoehorned in this issue, and isn’t even interesting at all.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Man, this book so casually telling non-regulars to basically go to hell during crossovers should become a meme or something, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Agreed, this has been one of the more interesting plot lines of this book and I'm happy it's coming to a head. The story of the ostensible defender of your country being basically a foreign national and using that to create xenophobia is realistic and a good way to evolve the mutant metaphor with Krakoa in play.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post
    For Pete Wisdom to be an investigator he's pretty trusting of proclaimed mutant haters. What an idiot move by him!
    I guess he assumed an ambassador to the UN wouldn't outright kill him. No bueno!

"Come around the lighthouse more, Rachel. It.... misses you."

Aw.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Betsy had to have heard his call...right?
    Personally I like that Excalibur is only tangentially related to Krakoa and all the heavy Krakoan stuffs. They're basically following their own trajectory much like the original Excalibur.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-09-2021 at 03:15 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Betsy had to have heard his call...right?
    I was wondering that too and I sure hope so. I'm not a big fan of Wisdom but I felt bad for him.

I'm dying to know what this king and the others are doing:

Last edited by JB; 06-09-2021 at 03:21 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Congratulations Tina Howard! You've managed the impossible: I now dislike Rictor and absolutely HATE Betsy. Talk about RAF. [slow clap]

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I have no idea about the last time they were together prior to HoX/PoX but...why would Rictor know Gaveedra was brainwashed on Mojo World? Or G-7 know that Rictor was a manic depressive living in fear of his own power?
    It's not as though...X-Factor had so much down-time and no pressing matters to attend to since leaving Mojo World. Or Excalibur was so relaxing that Rictor was just sitting around playing in dirt 24/7?

And yes...If my Ex? who I had not seen in ages suddenly showed up at a party I don't want to be at, covered in blood and acting as if all was right with the world...I'd not be welcoming with open arms and lips either, in that moment.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-09-2021 at 03:36 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Well...i really want to like this book...but I'm almost always disappointed. The dialogue is always artificial for me. And I still don't feel like this is Betsy Braddock.

There were some good moments of course, but overall, I'm still wishing this books get a new creative team.

I do love Betsy and Rachel's bond....but as friends. I don't like when every good chemistry has to get sexual at one point.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Fantastic Member

I thought it was a fine enough issue. The Brian, Kurt, Meggan stuff was great. Intrigued by the Richtor druid stuff. UK rejecting Krakoa and killing Wisdom is a fine enough plot. Betsy commented about the cats was the only thing that stood out as bad. But why was shatterstar covered in blood?