Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

Default PC Gaming: Then, now, forever.

So, who here is a PC gamer? I have pretty much NEVER been a PC gamer up until I started playing World of Warcraft so many years ago and aside from Thief and Unreal back around 2000 or so I've never given a damn about PC games and felt using a keyboard and mouse as a controller was just plan stupid. And then I realized that you could use an XboX 360 or PS3 controller on most games or just use Xpadder or ControlMK to play any game you want, even if it's not controller enabled. Since then I've run out and picked up a great graphics cards along with a ton of ram and have taken my bland 6GB AMD Phenom II Quad and have turned it into a sick gaming rig.

Now I'm playing MW2 and COD: Ghosts and am enjoying these games quite a bit. I loved MW2 on my 360 and still played it on my 360 to this day but it runs so much better on my PC and looks amazing! Ghosts is a game I've been wanting but didn't want to buy a current console to play it on and now I don't have to because it plays amazing on my PC. WoW even looks and runs a whole lot smoother since I've upgraded some components. Now I'm thinking about getting Titanfall on the PC as well, and maybe even dabbling in some classic PC titles, thanks to my new rig.

Any PC gamers here?

Astonishing Member

Since Fallout 2.
    Can't play FPS on a console because it doesn't have a mouse and keyboard. Steam is the single best thing on earth for indie games, and with all the ports now i don't even really need my console.

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

i just rebuilt my gaming PC. I went from a 5-year old middle-of-the-road machine to a BEAST. I strongly prefer a keyboard and mouse for shooter games, but controller is great for platform, adventure, RPG etc. It's so easy and seamless to use one vs the other now, and Steam makes acquiring games easy and inexpensive.

Been a PC gamer since 1998, when I first played Pokemon Blue on a GBC emulator.

PC gaming on and off throughout my life but over the past 4 years or so I've shifted heavily towards PC gaming. Seeing my 360 struggle to do things my Iphone can do, paying more money for games that run at half the resolution (if that) and 1/3rd of the framerate of what I'd be getting on PC. The more I thought about it, the more it seemed like insanity. Now my consoles only come out for games that I absolutely cannot get on PC.
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 05-05-2014 at 01:25 PM.

I only wish there was a reliable and affordable way to stream from my PC in the office onto my TV. Some games I'd rather play on the couch without having to physically pick up and move the PC over whereas I prefer shooters at the desk with keyboard and mouse.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by impulseucf View Post
    I only wish there was a reliable and affordable way to stream from my PC in the office onto my TV. Some games I'd rather play on the couch without having to physically pick up and move the PC over whereas I prefer shooters at the desk with keyboard and mouse.
    I bought a really long hdmi cable and hooked up directly.

Immortal Cobra-La Member Nemesis Enforcer's Avatar

I've done some form of PC gaming since the early 90's up until now.

My favorite era of PC gaming was when point and click adventure games and space shooters were the dominant genres. So happy to finally have a new Tex Murphy game coming out once more after 16 years. Only 2 more days for Tex's return!
    SHSO: Indescribable Count Watcher - 4400+
    Marvel Heroes: Scorpcookie

A proud PC gamer since I discovered Steam years ago. The first game I played was the first KOTOR. I got addicted until finishing it. Then, I heard some good thing about Valve games and... wow, I've never enjoyed a game as much as Half Life 2, Team Fortress 2 and the Portal saga. Playing those games is my personal golden age of PC gaming.

Oh, I've been playing some form of PC games my whole life starting with I think the Apple II in preschool, but milestones from when I became aware of it: my dad downloading me the Wolfenstein 3D shareware; playing Doom for the first time; Commander Keen; King's Quest; Duke 3D! Oh, man, I played so much Duke 3D. Death matches by modem? Too much fun.

Yes, Steam is amazing.

My family got their first real PC in 1996. I've been a PC gamer since. I have an healthy Steam library, and (grudgingly) have a few games on Origin because its necessary.

My all time favorite PC game: Deus Ex.
    Its either your favorte, or you're wrong.
    Life is but a dream

BANNED

Sad to say that my current PC doesn't have the requirements to play the new tex murphy game , can't even get the demo to play. Loved the tex murphy fmv games of old.

Was a big PC gamer in the 90s , loved FMV games cheesy as they were.

Last edited by marshal99; 05-08-2014 at 12:47 AM.

Ive been pretty off and on into PC games. I started in the 80s when my brother had Kings Quest. I havent owned a true gaming PC until a year or two ago. I initially had a hard time letting go of owning disc based games. But man, Steam really has changed things. I hope they dont sell out down the line or charge a subscription fee.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    My family got their first real PC in 1996. I've been a PC gamer since. I have an healthy Steam library, and (grudgingly) have a few games on Origin because its necessary.

My all time favorite PC game: Deus Ex.
    Its either your favorte, or you're wrong.
    Deus Ex is an awesome awesome game, but i wouldn't call it the best because it's kind of a shitty fps compared to more focused games.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Deus Ex is an awesome awesome game, but i wouldn't call it the best because it's kind of a shitty fps compared to more focused games.
    Thats because its an RPG that plays as a FPS, not the other way around like its sequels.
    Life is but a dream