Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Disney Wanting to make live action Atlantis Movie!

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/atlant...y-development/

Disney is planning a live action nadia secret of the blue water mov--oops i mean atlantis live action movie!

Link doesn't go anywhere.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

It’s about time we got a musical about Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Okay. If true, I'd be up for it.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

If true, I am all for it

This movie isn't iconic so its a perfect choice. They can keep the characters and look that made the original so good but they can do whatever they want. It doesn't have to recreate iconic scenes shot for shot.

Only if Mike Mignola does the design work.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Only if Mike Mignola does the design work.
    And if they toss in Guillermo del Toro to direct they can take my money now.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    No Namor, No Interest.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    No Namor, No Interest.
    I will bet money that within 5 years Namor will appear in a MCU movie. I don't know the legal issues, he might only be able to appear in other films and not have his own. Regardless there have been rumors he makes an appearance in Eternals, is the villian in Black Panther 2, somethings gotta be going in with him.. and if not there we got F4 coming. We will get everyone's favorite ******* sooner or later.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    And if they toss in Guillermo del Toro to direct they can take my money now.
    Mignola designs directed by del Toro again? I like that idea... I thought his 'Hellboy' movies were a lot of fun. [Ron Perlman may be one of the most perfectly cast comic book characters I can think of]

… but I doubt that del Toro will have time for it. he seems to keep pretty busy.

if that were to happen... I'd see it on opening weekend regardless of how good or bad the film actually turned out to be.

FINALLY! A Disney remake I actually support.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    This movie isn't iconic so its a perfect choice. They can keep the characters and look that made the original so good but they can do whatever they want. It doesn't have to recreate iconic scenes shot for shot.
    QUOTED FOR TRUTH!!!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    FINALLY! A Disney remake I actually support.

QUOTED FOR TRUTH!!!
    I think Hercules is in the same boat. 90s kids like me remember in fondly but it was one the least successful films of the Renaissance era. That and hunchback I think which will never happen for obvious reasons . Though hunchback is one my favorite Disney films anyway. HERCULES can do whatever they want. Just keep some of the aesthetic and maybe use some of the songs in the score I can go the distance is used as a score throughout the movie without signing. It works well. Anyway I think Hercules is more well known then Atlantis but still not iconic where they need to recreate any shots. Also maybe stay a little truer to the mythos. I get some changes have to be made to make it disney appropriate though.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I think Hercules is in the same boat. 90s kids like me remember in fondly but it was one the least successful films of the Renaissance era. That and hunchback I think which will never happen for obvious reasons . Though hunchback is one my favorite Disney films anyway. HERCULES can do whatever they want. Just keep some of the aesthetic and maybe use some of the songs in the score I can go the distance is used as a score throughout the movie without signing. It works well. Anyway I think Hercules is more well known then Atlantis but still not iconic where they need to recreate any shots. Also maybe stay a little truer to the mythos. I get some changes have to be made to make it disney appropriate though.
    I mean I LOVE the Hercules film (and the TV series, Lisa Kudrow as Aphrodite was SO FUNNY!!!). Hercules, of all the Disney films, could spawn actual sequels, in a way the other films can't as well. They could really expand the journey, make it a proper trilogy epic, with tons of new villains and subplots. I'd love that idea!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."