Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I would absolute love to see Jess in a larger HYDRA story as a main point and I am always down for more High Evolutionary. It seems that both of those should also be high on Jess' radar trying to keep track as to what they are doing. I love that they are moving Jess forward and establishing new rogues and adventures, but she also has such a rich history that could be mined for amazing opportunities for great stories that I think Pacheco and Perez would be great at.
    She has a lot of connections to be used: Skrulls, HYDRA, Spider-heroes, High Evolutionary, Captain Marvel. You might say it's a web! (I'll see myself out)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    You meant 'what's her strength level'? then I believe it is 7 tons.

I thought you meant how much she can carry when flying.
    Haha, I meant both. Sorry, I didn't explain that well.
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 09-10-2021 at 06:49 AM.

Wolverine game was announced yesterday and it looks like it takes place in Madripoor? Hoping Jess turns up there as a supporting character like she did in the comics.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Wolverine game was announced yesterday and it looks like it takes place in Madripoor? Hoping Jess turns up there as a supporting character like she did in the comics.
    What is her legal status in video games?

Good question, does she count as an Avengers character or part of the Spider-Man franchise?

Apparently Jess is an Avenger of the Multiverse. She's on the right of the cover, next to what seems to be Iron Man, and doesn't look like an alternate universe version.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Good question, does she count as an Avengers character or part of the Spider-Man franchise?

Apparently Jess is an Avenger of the Multiverse. She's on the right of the cover, next to what seems to be Iron Man, and doesn't look like an alternate universe version.
    Looks like she's swinging instead of gliding/flying. Somewhat annoyed by this, I'll admit.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Looks like she's swinging instead of gliding/flying. Somewhat annoyed by this, I'll admit.
    You and me both. This happens more often than it should.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Given that we're talking about a team made up of Avengers from alternate realities, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It looks like that version of Spider-Woman IS a web-swinger--note her costume doesn't seem to have the glider-wings that 616 Spider-Woman usually does either.

To be fair, 616 glider wings are retractable these days.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    To be fair, 616 glider wings are retractable these days.
    Fair enough, but the point still stands. We're talking about a team that we know is made up of alternate reality versions of characters who aren't the same as their 616 counterparts. If we've got a Tony Stark who is an Ant-Man, why shouldn't we have a Spider-Woman who is a web-swinger? Most of the characters on that cover are portrayed "wrong" in some way compared to how we usually see them -- that's the point.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Fair enough, but the point still stands. We're talking about a team that we know is made up of alternate reality versions of characters who aren't the same as their 616 counterparts. If we've got a Tony Stark who is an Ant-Man, why shouldn't we have a Spider-Woman who is a web-swinger? Most of the characters on that cover are portrayed "wrong" in some way compared to how we usually see them -- that's the point.
    I would say different as opposed to 'wrong' since they are alternate universe versions...but it is a good point that alternate Jess may very well have webs.

Seren however does make a good point that there are times that 616 Jess is mistakenly portrayed with webs like the cover to the last issue of Avengers Assemble...

Ultimate Member

Didn't Ultimate Jess have webs? Maybe this is a play on that

Ultimate Jess has webs bc she's a clone of Peter Parker and has his power set. Ultimate Jess is more like an AU version of Ben or Kaine than she is 616 Jess. It could be possible it's supposed to be ults Jess and they colored it wrong. That happened during Spider-Geddon but the drew Ults Jess and it should have been 616 Jess and they had to recolor.

That said those points are valid though Chris got what I was trying to get at . There are so many covers in main continuity that show Jess using webs when that's not her schtick.

Also, I realize just because Jess is on a cover doesn't mean she'll actually be in the book. So we will have to see if she shows up out side that cover.
    Last edited by Seren; 09-11-2021 at 08:32 AM.

Yeah, her origin is a cross between Scarlet Spider and X-23. It's actually quite possible that there was another Jessica Drew in Earth-1610 England who just never became Spider-Woman, because the one we knew wasn't 616 Jessica's counterpart in anything other than name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I would say different as opposed to 'wrong' since they are alternate universe versions...but it is a good point that alternate Jess may very well have webs.

Seren however does make a good point that there are times that 616 Jess is mistakenly portrayed with webs like the cover to the last issue of Avengers Assemble...
    Ugh. That cover could've easily swapped Jessica and Anya's positions, since Anya does have webs.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-11-2021 at 08:31 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Ugh. That cover could've easily swapped Jessica and Anya's positions, since Anya does have webs.
    The last arc of that series was Anya focused with her working with different Avengers...so that would explain her being up front instead of in the back.

Extraordinary Member

Facts.

Also when we get our next big Spider team up Can we have Jess using her Blasts, Miles using his Venom blasts and Peter using his Taser webs at the same time.