Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

It's unfortunate all Pyro will gain from this current run is the Tattoo that makes him look like a coked out Shao Kahn.

I really would not want to see the 2099 X-Men in the present day. They were just...not it.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    To be fair Orlando is not Duggan every character will get their chance to shine IMO.
    Kitty is still there so I'll hold my wallet until #3.

Marauders is tainted, but we shall see. I'd rather Bishop have a more prominent role and a better suited book anyways since he's CC now
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

It's unfortunate all Pyro will gain from this current run is the Tattoo that makes him look like a coked out Shao Kahn.
    You know what? He also gained a fan. I'm going to look out for him in future books now.

Please tell me they can't be doing this! To not have Daken, his recently revived Ex Somonus, current GF Aroura, flirt buddy Bobby (& his current sugar Daddy Christian) on 1 book come on Steve don't fail me like that!! Such a missed opportunity.

It won't happen. But I can dream. I wan a Christian/Daken/Iceman image by RD!
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Kitty is still there so I'll hold my wallet until #3.

Marauders is tainted, but we shall see. I'd rather Bishop have a more prominent role and a better suited book anyways since he's CC now
    Yeah who knows. After all, Duggan has done great team work on other books (Uncanny Avengers and now X-Men) but he really sucked at it on this book. They really need to step ut up with Bishop though.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

My only takeway away is if we are finally getting writer swaps on the wave 1 dox books and tini howards is somehow still on excalibur, I'm gonna be upset. Time to finally let someone else write that title or end it for now.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

According to Orlando, this isn't the full roster.

I find this cast more intriguing than the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

Where'd he say that?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

Last cast was great too, but they weren't used. It was all Emma and Kate.

Not a good sign that Bishop didn't make the cover of the new team. Will he be ignored for Psylocke and Daken to be featured?

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Last cast was great too, but they weren't used. It was all Emma and Kate.
    And Storm if it wasn't about Emma & Kate it was Storm centric.

Where'd he say that?
    On his Twitter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I was pretty excited about it. Did quite a few posts about it in fact.
    Personaly i think it was a solid story overall, a bit retcon heavy, but it worked in explaining Man-Things less scientific traits and his connection to the Nexus Of All Realities. So acceptable retcons as far as i'm concerned.

Though it was telling who of the 3 support heros (Avengers, Spiderman, Magik and the X-men) that Man-Thing encountered Orlando clearly favored.

Man-Thing's creation got tied to Belasco, the villain was an offshot of the barely longterm established Hordeculture group of currently only X-men villains and it was Magik and the X-men who did the heavy lifting in saving the world.

However i barely noticed much buzz for it overall or talk about it after all 3 issues were released. One reviewer who actualy covered the X-men one, noted that he missed the previous two parts simply because all 3 issues are weirdly labeled and given the #1 treatment.

Instead of Curse of Man Thing #1 Avengers, #2 Spiderman and #3 X-men, which would have allowed to more easily pick up on them being connected and part of a longer story, it's Avengers/Spiderman/X-men: Curse of Manthing #1 each.
    So if someone was primarily only an Avengers or Spiderman reader they would miss that a #2 and 3 of this story would never have come out under those names and purely X-men fans would have missed #1 and 2, unless they did the old "read review of the previous parts online" trick.

Which would explain why hardly anyone talked about it before, during or after the parts were released as far as i could see. Hence why i'm pressing the "doubt" button on it being "critical acclaimed".
    Last edited by Grunty; 10-04-2021 at 03:39 PM.

I was always neutral when it came to Marauders. I didn't like it, but I didn't hate it. It was just...there? However, I did love Emma and Kitty's interactions; they were awesome. Daken and Aurora together again after X-factor got stupidly cancel in this book has already got me excited. Kwannon and Tempo as well? Okay, never heard of the writer, but with this cast, I'm all in.

Here's the Tweet about this not being the full roster:

https://twitter.com/thesteveorlando/...98189565136898