Page 161 of 166 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2478
    BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Mike Deodato Jr.!!!

Elektra #1 Nov 1996
    Afraid of the Dark
    For the first time in her own monthly series!

Daredevil broke her heart,

Bullseye killed her,

and the Hand orchestrated her resurrection.

Pencils by Mike Deodato Jr. http://www.comicsreporter.com/index...._mike_deodato/, inks by Deodato Studios

SPOILERS FOR THE MAY 30 ISSUE OF DD

So it seems like Elektra is back in the next Daredevil issue... in a look that's still better than her redesign.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Henderson's Elektra reminds me of JRJR's Elektra in Man Without Fear. (Though thankfully the writing doesn't remind me of Man Without Fear.)

....looks like I'm buying the next issue of Daredevil!

Finally!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    ....looks like I'm buying the next issue of Daredevil!
    Agreed!!!!!

I wonder if Soule will acknowledge that Elektra has remembered that Matt is DD off panel in Defenders?

I hope so, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. Not as a knock against him, but if it doesn't serve his story it wouldn't make sense for him to address someone else's continuity error.

Elektra pretty much gets a nice little reintroduction, with the promise of continued appearances through this arc. And a hint that Soule may followup on that Purple Man thread...

Coool!

I really like Henderson's Elektra.
    henderson elektra.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Me too! I thought he did great with her in that one Stand Off tie-in, I'm glad to see him working on her again

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Elektra pretty much gets a nice little reintroduction, with the promise of continued appearances through this arc. And a hint that Soule may followup on that Purple Man thread...
    It was a decent showing for her and Soule is ignoring Defenders. Though I was wondering if she was hinting that she did know his identity at the end of her appearance.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I've argued that the only way Defenders works right now is if the story takes place after this story.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I've argued that the only way Defenders works right now is if the story takes place after this story.
    This story definitely feels like it's a fair bit behind some of the other some stuff going on the Marvel Universe, since Black Cat is still bad (last heard she was on better terms with Spider-Man). The reference to Frank Castle, too, sort of feels like it makes slightly more sense if you put it before their confrontation in Rosenberg's book.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    This story definitely feels like it's a fair bit behind some of the other some stuff going on the Marvel Universe, since Black Cat is still bad (last heard she was on better terms with Spider-Man). The reference to Frank Castle, too, sort of feels like it makes slightly more sense if you put it before their confrontation in Rosenberg's book.
    Just to add to things, I'm not even talking about the reveal of Matt's identity in Defenders. I'm talking about Black Cat (her turn to good was in that story) and didn't Diamondback die?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?