Page 31 of 119 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Gambi's talk with Tobias was interesting. Tobias was given a serum that makes unable to age. That same serum must be where his strength comes from. They also know each other well. I'm curious to know what their history with each other is.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Heh. I appreciated the homage to her first terrible comic book costume.
    Me too

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Gambi's talk with Tobias was interesting. Tobias was given a serum that makes unable to age. That same serum must be where his strength comes from. They also know each other well. I'm curious to know what their history with each other is.
    I'm still confused how they know each other. I wonder if the serum comes from that world's Lazarus Pit.

Gambi, with all his tech and working out from a tailor's shop, reminds me so much of The Man from U. N. C. L. E.

Did they gave a name to the guy who posted the video Anissa was watching? It would be cool if that guy is a version of Vic Sage (The Question), but that's my small weird opinion.

Extraordinary Member

Why does the black super hero always have to be saddled with some sort of debilitating physical or mental condition? Maybe not always but it seems like a thing. Gambi playing both sides of fence hope he didn't have anything to do with those super kids disappearing years ago. Hopefully Jeff's condition will lead to him getting a better looking suit.

Tobias getting that letter with the ground up dust was eerie. To his credit he didn't seem scared tho, he was just like wtf??? Honestly though I'm starting to get that fall of Wakanda vibe with this show.

Anissa looked damn good in that costume, how do you upgrade that? Hope she keeps it at least for a long while.

So Black Lightning is Iron Man now? Could Jefferson have feasibly done that in his prime or does he need the suit boosting his powers to be able to sustain that?

I'm really wondering what's going on with Jefferson's health here. Gambi seemed to think it was the suit, but it almost seems like some kind of internal or mental issue is effecting his performance.

What exactly is going on with Gambi? It seems like he's been playing both sides of the law the whole time but is he doing it to be able to help Jefferson? Is their "deal" the reason Gambi assumed Whale was gone because he was trying to protect Jefferson from Tobias after their last fight?

Tobias having taken some kind of enhanced drug explains why he looks the same as he did back in photos when Jefferson would've only been a kid, on-top of his enhanced strength (as Immortal Weapon states as well).

So I'm guessing Jefferson was one of the missing kids that were experimented on and that's how he got his powers? I wonder how many other kids survived those experiments? And was Tobias running that operation at the behest of Lady Eve's organization who seem to be the true mastermind behind everything going on in Freeland?

Those girls were coming at Jennifer, so the only thing I can really fault her in for defending herself is breaking the girl's wrist when she had her arm. But I guess it's good to know that Jeff taught both her and Anissa to defend themselves when they had to, which will also probably mean they can both migrate somewhat well into their Superhero careers.

It's good to know Team Lightning (patent pending) can count on Lynn to take care of their medical needs .

I can't say it's surprising that Tobias and his sister came from an abusive home, most criminal masterminds do, all the moreso because of his albinism.

That scene with Black Lightning and Inspector Henderson felt like it was lifted almost directly from Arrow season 1. I mean, a tough-as-nails cop getting confronted by a vigilante he dislikes and begrudgingly working with him to stop the bad guys via a burner phone and then said hero vanishes into the night when the officer's head is turned? That's basically Oliver Queen and Quentin Lance's original dynamic. Jefferson even calls Henderson "Inspector" like Oliver always called Lance "Detective."

C'mon Jeff, you wouldn't really "Black Lightning" Gambi, right? Right ?
    Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    I think it was pretty explicit that due to his costume/power glitches and the resulting headaches and mood swings, he's not exactly using his best judgment in this episode. At least his powers still let him due that voice modulation thing without the suit somehow.
    I guess it makes sense that that's something Jefferson can just do normally, since it sounds like he and Henderson have had lengthy conversations before, so Jeff would've needed to mask his voice back then when he was running around in a normal costume.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I realize this is Anissa's first attempt at a costume. And it's only natural she would go the cosplay route for a super-hero. Seeing her put together the outfit was pretty comical. But I got to say I really appreciated Nafessa Williams in that outfit. She was looking so good, I'm going to miss that foxy look when she upgrades to a Gambi original.
    I just thought it was funny that she went to all that work to make a bright and flamboyant Superhero costume and then she takes it out to a warehouse where no one can see it and the most she does in it is open a door .

But, yes, Nafessa Williams is a very attractive woman, as those skintight outfits well emphasize...

I think the idea that Jennifer doesn't know her own strength is a very dangerous thing. Even in the case of defending herself.

Of course, I find it hard to believe Jefferson and Lynn have never discussed the possibility that their daughters could inherit their father's powers. (But the show has yet to indicate one way or the other on that front.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I think the idea that Jennifer doesn't know her own strength is a very dangerous thing. Even in the case of defending herself.
    All the moreso when she actually awakens her powers. Even Anissa almost killed some people when she first started using hers.
    Of course, I find it hard to believe Jefferson and Lynn have never discussed the possibility that their daughters could inherit their father's powers. (But the show has yet to indicate one way or the other on that front.)
    I'd be surprised if they hadn't discussed it, but given how long it's been they might've just assumed whatever Metagene Jefferson has wasn't passed down to either of them, even if that was just wishful thinking on their part.

Ultimate Member

I wonder if the show has an onsite gym so that everybody can keep in shape so that they don't look bad in the tight outfits...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I wonder if the show has an onsite gym so that everybody can keep in shape so that they don't look bad in the tight outfits...
    Isn't that typical Superhero casting though ?

Ultimate Member

Perhaps, just saying that some of the outfits are probably made to be a little more forgiving than others...

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Why does the black super hero always have to be saddled with some sort of debilitating physical or mental condition?
    Its in the Rules for Making a Black Superhero Handbook [TM].

Gambi playing both sides of fence hope he didn't have anything to do with those super kids disappearing years ago.
    I think he was involved in the organization but at some point (either right before or just as the kids started disappearing) he grew a conscience.

Hopefully Jeff's condition will lead to him getting a better looking suit.
    Its grown on me, so I could go either way in regards to keep the suit or getting a new one. Though when Gambi playing both sides of the fence is revealed I'm sure we'll get the obligatory "I can't trust you NOR your gear" and Jefferson will use something he cobbled together.

Tobias getting that letter with the ground up dust was eerie. To his credit he didn't seem scared tho, he was just like wtf??? Honestly though I'm starting to get that fall of Wakanda vibe with this show.
    I already liked Whale but this whole losing the keys to the kingdom plus his sister coming on board is fascinating. Now I want to know more about his two henchmen (Joker Jr and Miss Glaresatyou).

Anissa looked damn good in that costume, how do you upgrade that? Hope she keeps it at least for a long while.
    Yeah it was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I already liked Whale but this whole losing the keys to the kingdom plus his sister coming on board is fascinating. Now I want to know more about his two henchmen (Joker Jr and Miss Glaresatyou).
    So I guess I'm not the only one who got Joker vibes from Joey Toledo (that is such a henchmen name) .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I guess I'm not the only one who got Joker vibes from Joey Toledo (that is such a henchmen name) .
    Nope. I noticed it instantly.

So Black Lightning is Iron Man now? Could Jefferson have feasibly done that in his prime or does he need the suit boosting his powers to be able to sustain that?
    Is Iron Man the very very first comic book character ever ever that has a suit that lets him fly, or isn't that fairly common?

Holy Toledo?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Is Iron Man the very very first comic book character ever ever that has a suit that lets him fly, or isn't that fairly common?
    I don't think so, but the pose Jefferson was making while floating was lifted straight from MCU Iron Man.

I have to wonder exactly how long jefferson has known gambi;and what does he know about him?