Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Why on Earth is Loki even in the conversation? He isn't Asgardian. That should be the end of his relevance here - especially given the difference between the "higher-ranking" Asgardian types and the foot soldier types (so even IF Loki was Asgardian, he'd be expected to be closer to Thor, Hela and Heimdall, who are all above the Warriors Three by some distance in every respect).

Forget Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    https://youtu.be/quUjNQ1QO-E

That point where she’s actively holding her shield up to block bullets and we see the shotgun pellets hit her armor are fairly good indicators she’s not bullet proof.
    That neither proves nor disproves Sif is bullet-proof. Besides, at such a close range the shotgun pellets should've hit her exposed arm. Though if Sif has bullet-timing reflexes, that doesn't bold well for the Buffyverse team.

What do you think about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VhQXSx88UU

@2:26, we see the Destroyer fire an energy blast at the ground between Sif and the Warriors Three. They're at ground zero when they're blown back by the beam's tremendous explosive force. That looks more potent than any gunshot but the Asgardians emerged unharmed.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I have to say, in the scene presented I'm not really seeing signs that Sif is bulletproof. She holds a shield in front of her face. Doesn't charge into the gunfire. Bullets bounce off the shield. There is no sign anything is bouncing off her exposed skin.

I mean...is it unrealistic that nothing is hitting the exposed skin on her arms? Sure (granted, she does have an awful lot more armor on than I first expected after the comments - the vast majority of her torso, her shoulders, and her forearms as well as her shins are armored, plus she has the small shield). Is that an indicator of her being bulletproof? No.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 03-11-2020 at 11:33 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Regarding the explosion - it's a big, concussion boom. They go flying. They're clearly impaired by it. That doesn't make them 'bullet-proof' either, just superhumanly tough.

Spider-man, for example, eats explosions like this and continues. He's not bullet-proof.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Having said that, there is ONE scene where Sif takes a shotgun blast at close range. It looks somewhat like her arm is right there in the middle of the blast. There is no damage whatsoever to her arm.

Here, around 1:17.

Judge for yourselves. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Having said that, there is ONE scene where Sif takes a shotgun blast at close range. It looks somewhat like her arm is right there in the middle of the blast. There is no damage whatsoever to her arm.

Here, around 1:17.

Judge for yourselves. ^_^
    The shotgun blast is the one I was remembering.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan