View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 74 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2464707172737475767778841241745741074 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 21672
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    I don't think any Absolute would be 32 pages for $80.
    Its obviously an incorrect/incomplete listing but its either the price or the Page count. The question is which?

The two TPBs total up to around ~250 the same number as AASB&RTBW, so there would be enough content for an Absolute.

And one of the two listings has a $200 price tag with a 32 page count which has got to be doubley wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    All this Absolute All Star Batman talk made me realize nobody posted pictures of the Absolute Superman - Batman Vol. 2... Or maybe I missed them and someone can tell me in what page I can find them...
    I can post some pictures later this evening; but it is identical in design to volume 1.

Do you think DC will try to cash in on upcoming series by collecting Gotham Central in omnibus?
    I do realise these two don't have much in common beside the name, but I would certainly go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by silkcuts View Post

Do you think DC will try to cash in on upcoming series by collecting Gotham Central in omnibus?
    I do realise these two don't have much in common beside the name, but I would certainly go for it.
    I think somebody mentioned that they are reprinting the tpb-s. I still think that DC and Marvel won't put out omnibuses because of movies and tv series, rather chunky and affordable paperbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I think somebody mentioned that they are reprinting the tpb-s. I still think that DC and Marvel won't put out omnibuses because of movies and tv series, rather chunky and affordable paperbacks.
    That was me, they're in DCs extended forecast in the last few weeks on ComicList as reprints for 3/4 TPBs that make up the Gotham Central series.

I really, really want Gotham Central in Omnibus. I don't think DC will do it, even though its been out a few years and sold through its HCs/TPBS, ties in with a new show and has some big names on it which would make it a prime candidate for oversized treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    I can post some pictures later this evening; but it is identical in design to volume 1.
    Absolute pictures are always welcomed, no matter how repetitive their design.

All-New Member

Hi, has anyone heard or would know if volume 2 & 3 of the flash by johns omnibus are close to OOP? I have the 1st just wondered if i need to pull the trigger on the other two quickly. And thanks in advance for any & all info.

Just an observation, but I'm now on volume 6 of the HC "omnibus" edition of Starman, and these books kind of suck. Not the stories, but rather the build. The paper is cheap, they appear glued, major gutter loss and I'm convinced if I read them a couple of times, the whole spine will crack down the middle.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by atlb2010 View Post
    Hi, has anyone heard or would know if volume 2 & 3 of the flash by johns omnibus are close to OOP? I have the 1st just wondered if i need to pull the trigger on the other two quickly. And thanks in advance for any & all info.
    I think they would be soon.. Amazon.ca is almost sold out, not sure if they'll be getting more but I only had 3, I just ordered 1 the other day and will pick up 2 soon!

All-New Member

I don't know anyone has seen this, but instocktrades currently has deals on Absolute Superman for Tomorrow ($24.75) and Absolute Identity Crisis ($33.00)

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falater0 View Post
    I don't know anyone has seen this, but instocktrades currently has deals on Absolute Superman for Tomorrow ($24.75) and Absolute Identity Crisis ($33.00)
    Wasn't that awhile ago? It's now H-Z Dc titles so no absolutes on sale
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I don't know when it started, but I just put my order in today.

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    They must have reordered because those two books are back on the main page if you look.

My order from IST arrived today.ASBAR,American Vampire hc vols. 4 and 5,The girl who played with fire hc,JLA vol.5, and the Maxx vol.1.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Just an observation, but I'm now on volume 6 of the HC "omnibus" edition of Starman, and these books kind of suck. Not the stories, but rather the build. The paper is cheap, they appear glued, major gutter loss and I'm convinced if I read them a couple of times, the whole spine will crack down the middle.
    well that turned me off of any future collecting, maybe TPB will be better solution?