Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Some of us remember back before the Riddler went with the suit-and-tie look . . .

Yep, I'm a big fan of that one too. He's a classy guy.

Good one shot i think. Art was the best and Jung made everything look terrific. I hope Riddler would be an adversary for Batgirl down the track again because I enjoyed the puzzle nature of the issue and feel like a lot more could be done with a proper arc.

I don't know if I can be bothered with harley's issue, but i'll give it ago. i wish it was mostly batfamily tie ins so we can get more perspective on their feelings toward the wedding, I mean I don't even know if Barbara approves of the whole wedding and this was a wedding tie in.

(Anyways I gotta a feeling dick and barbara are gonna be each other's dates to the wedding due to certain conversations that were had and that's building up to the wedding)

I said before that I'm going to passed on this, but I decided to pick it up.

The plot in this was much better than the previous ones and it's nice to see Barbara being smart and competent. The art was also nice.

I have two complaints about this, tho. One, I feel Batgirl was forced in this prelude because she has no personal connection to the wedding whatsoever and riddler seems more personally interested in it than she is. Two, can we for freaking once have a story with Barbara that has nothing to do with her love life?

BANNED

Weaker than the previous issues, imo they're all getting weaker and I suspect they'll get weaker. Damian had reaction to the wedding and enemies that made sense, Dick had a reaction but not a sensible enemy and Babs had neither, expect the same for Jason.

Riddle Me Mix lol

Yeah, I'll be checking this one out for sure.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I said before that I'm going to passed on this, but I decided to pick it up.

The plot in this was much better than the previous ones and it's nice to see Barbara being smart and competent. The art was also nice.

I have two complaints about this, tho. One, I feel Batgirl was forced in this prelude because she has no personal connection to the wedding whatsoever and riddler seems more personally interested in it than she is. Two, can we for freaking once have a story with Barbara that has nothing to do with her love life?
    As a Batgirl issue? This was strong. As a prelude to the wedding? This was much weaker. I wish we'd gotten some of Selina and Babs interacting, or Babs' thoughts on the wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Weaker than the previous issues, imo they're all getting weaker and I suspect they'll get weaker. Damian had reaction to the wedding and enemies that made sense, Dick had a reaction but not a sensible enemy and Babs had neither, expect the same for Jason.
    I agree that they've gotten a lot weaker, at least in terms of setting up and exploring the wedding. They're enjoyable on their own, but after the way the first one actually dealt with issues that King's Batman raised - what is Damian's reaction to this, what is Selina's place in the family? - this one just felt too "normal" to fit the label of "prelude to the wedding."

Art was very nice, and it was a very competent issue.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

We`re all just expecting the Jason thing to be a fun bar brawl, which ain`t bad it done right.

He does have a connection to Selina thought which was hinted in his trainining day story with Duke to come and allures to the pre crisis run, so there`s that.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    As a Batgirl issue? This was strong. As a prelude to the wedding? This was much weaker. I wish we'd gotten some of Selina and Babs interacting, or Babs' thoughts on the wedding.
    Each to their own. The previous issues have such nonsense plot with only "touchy feely" moments that I have seen some people praise (which I personally I thought they were meh) and the fights being compeletly dumb and pointless.

This on the other hand, it can stand in it's own and the plot was actually engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    We`re all just expecting the Jason thing to be a fun bar brawl, which ain`t bad it done right.

He does have a connection to Selina thought which was hinted in his trainining day story with Duke to come and allures to the pre crisis run, so there`s that.
    I expect it (hope) to be fun.

It also would nice to see Jason and Selina interacting since the two have a long history back when Jason was Robin.
    Last edited by Rise; 06-13-2018 at 08:13 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Bar brawl doesn't really fit with Anarky imo.

LoL, Babs is George Costanza. I like this quite a bit. I kind of want to see Seeley on Batgirl now.

BANNED

Another issue of fluff. DC is milking money with the wedding hype. All 3 issues so far have basically read like Seeley just scripted the inane plot in maybe an hour, threw in a dash of easy sentiment and called it a day.

Not very satisfied.

Well, of course they're fluff pieces. Though i think thy have been well done fluff pieces.

And when it come to Babs, im not sure how much influence she really has when it come to Bruce's personal life. Though i quite enjoy Babs and Selina's spats.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-13-2018 at 04:17 PM.