I have attempted it before. It just says spoilers and no screen. Or anything. Just still on display.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    I have attempted it before. It just says spoilers and no screen. Or anything. Just still on display.
    Are you putting [spoil] or [spoiler]?

back in the day I actually once played a RPG session in Werewolf Apocalypse with my older brother and our friends. I even played that Werewolf Apocalypse trading card game Rage once a long time ago. I guess it's kind of cool that part of World of Darkness is finally getting a video game.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 07-09-2020 at 08:00 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    back in the day I actually once played a RPG session in Werewolf Apocalypse with my older brother and our friends. I even played that Werewolf Apocalypse trading card game Rage once a long time ago. I guess it's kind of cool that part of World of Darkness is finally getting a video game.
    Vampire the Masquerade has had a few

A pure is also getting a new Blood Lines one. As for table top in World of Fark was, I am a Mage Man, some Changling the Lost, and Were Wolf the Apocalypse ( not we’re wild though. Rokea and Nagash. Did Mokole too.)

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    That background blurb was kind of stereotypical, I guess, and it makes no sense how someone like her could suddenly become Batwoman. How many Batwomen/Batgirls have there been? Don't each have some connection to Batman? As well as some basic training and skills?

Actually this has some of fhe info I was looking for
    Last edited by Tami; 07-10-2020 at 08:11 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

(Len.exe cannot be loaded)

There are no words.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

You know catching up to the trashfire that God of Highschool has become and watching the comically awful fight between Mira and Daewi, I think I finally figured out what's bugged me the most about the series for a long time now.

The fights suck and it started way before the story became this awful, it just became more and more obvious as time went on.

It started with, I think, that first guy who had Greed whose name eludes me. He had super regeneration and was super tough, and every major bad guy after him had regeneration and was super tough.

The King is the only one who used his powers in an interesting way and actually dodged stuff. Practically every other antagonist is a punching bag for the main characters to look cool by wailing on them, even when they're winning the fights. If the antagonists get to land hits, it's some superspeed bullshit where they instantly defeat their opponent.

Just look at Mira against Daewi, where Mira is the antagonist. She's tanking almost everything with her face and letting her mooks regenerate her. It's supposed to be a fight between equals where Daewi is on the backfoot but he spent almost all of it posing dramatically and looking cool as he smacked her around, while she's never allowed to actually land a hit on him. Mira has genuinely cool powers and techniques, but because she's an antagonist she doesn't get to actually use them.

Or looking back at the point the manga took its biggest nosedive, the fight with Satan is another great example. Satan absolutely destroyed Mori if you actually look at the conclusion; Mori was half-dead and could barely move, while Satan still had over 50% of his original power and still had power ups he didn't use. But the way the fight went is that Mori spent all of it wailing on him, so you get fooled into thinking he was stronger. That impression is even what makes Satan back off and get scared!
    Last edited by Siriel; 07-10-2020 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post

(Len.exe cannot be loaded)

There are no words.
    I don't think we can blame squiddy for this one either.

Seriously though, Detective Pikachu! Watch it! Learn from it! That's how it's done!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    You know catching up to the trashfire that God of Highschool has become and watching the comically awful fight between Mira and Daewi, I think I finally figured out what's bugged me the most about the series for a long time now.

The fights suck and it started way before the story became this awful, it just became more and more obvious as time went on.

It started with, I think, that first guy who had Greed whose name eludes me. He had super regeneration and was super tough, and every major bad guy after him had regeneration and was super tough.

The King is the only one who used his powers in an interesting way and actually dodged stuff. Practically every other antagonist is a punching bag for the main characters to look cool by wailing on them, even when they're winning the fights. If the antagonists get to land hits, it's some superspeed bullshit where they instantly defeat their opponent.

Just look at Mira against Daewi, where Mira is the antagonist. She's tanking almost everything with her face and letting her mooks regenerate her. It's supposed to be a fight between equals where Daewi is on the backfoot but he spent almost all of it posing dramatically and looking cool as he smacked her around, while she's never allowed to actually land a hit on him. Mira has genuinely cool powers and techniques, but because she's an antagonist she doesn't get to actually use them.

Or looking back at the point the manga took its biggest nosedive, the fight with Satan is another great example. Satan absolutely destroyed Mori if you actually look at the conclusion; Mori was half-dead and could barely move, while Satan still had over 50% of his original power and still had power ups he didn't use. But the way the fight went is that Mori spent all of it wailing on him, so you get fooled into thinking he was stronger. That impression is even what makes Satan back off and get scared!
    I don't wholly disagree with this. The fights are definitely way less good these days.

Taek Jae-gul, the Greed guy from the first major arc, was at least interesting because he had a ton of powers and actually used most of them a lot in his fights. He had regen and a lot of bullshit but it... y'know worked in context and made him being overcome feel satisfying.

The Mira/Daewi fight was perhaps the worst the series has been. See my previous post about how the stakes didn't matter and how mad I was that this """"""payoff"""""" was what we assassinated Mira's character for.

https://comiccon2020.sched.com/event...debar=no&bg=no

This looks like it would be fun for people who like Rumbles

Watching the new Teen Titans Go movie on TV, and there is a clear, yet twisted Samurai Jack vibe about it.

I normally don't like Teen Titans Go, but this movie felt more like the earlier series Teen Titans and I liked it.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-10-2020 at 03:54 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Black Clover: spoilers:
    Goddammit, Yami. Why did you piss off Kotomine 2.0., just to have him go full eldritch on your ass? But seriously, infinite regeneration that can also modify the body on top of his OP gravity magic makes this a lopsided fight. And Asta's likely not going to be much help as support for Yami since he's heavily injured and exhausted.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!