Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

The worst part is Detective pikachu coming out too and looks 1millionx better. The pokemon look cute in that movie but somebody thought making sonic look like the creepiest plush stuff animal ever was a good idea. Also James Masrstons career was on the up swing, hope this dont set him back.

Jim Carey looked pretty good in this and I hate to say ... I might see it because of him.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I'll see it. I don't care. Could Sonic look better? Sure. But I recognize him. I know that's Sonic.

Not like Bay's TMNT.
    I think Sonic's design has the same problem as the Bay Turtles. Too much emphasis on making him look "real" or fitting into the "real world" that they miss the point.

I don't think anyone would have been bothered if they had straight up lifted modern Sonic's game design and used it here. I'm sure that's probably what most people were expecting/hoping for.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I don't think anyone would have been bothered if they had straight up lifted modern Sonic's game design and used it here. I'm sure that's probably what most people were expecting/hoping for.
    Damn straight. Especially with Detective Pikachu on the horizon. Instead of making the Pokemon fit the real world they are apart of the real world.

I'll probably watch this at some point, unlikely I will go to the theaters unless I get dragged.

I'd still probably pick this over Detective Pichacu if I'm forced to pick one
    The J-man

The thing that bothers me is Sonic's new design isn't even realistic when they were going for something more realistic. He's a hedgehog without spines for christ sake.

In trailer you already say he's an alien, so why even feign any 'realism', why not use something closer to the original design.

Aside from Sonic's horrid design, I actually liked Jim Carey as Robotnic/Eggman, he looked like he was having fun with it.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I don't think this trailer deservers so much hate. Far from perfect but I've seen far worse

Pros:

Jim Carrey: Funny as hell. Its like if Ace Ventura was a villain
    Story: The plot looks good

Cons:

Sonic: Man, he looks horrible. Almost disturbing
    Soundtrack: Do I really need to explain this one?
    Carrey is the reason I'm curious about it. Even if nothing can possibly top the horror of Cable Guy.

I don't have a problem with this Sonic really Only looks bad in close ups they have time to fix that.

BANNED

This thing should be live Riff-Traxed on its opening weekend.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I'll pass since I've never been interested in Sonic. Still, I haven't seen Jim Carrey ham it up this much since he played the Riddler in Batman Forever. However, I couldn't for the life me figure out where "Gangsta's Paradise" fit in.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    However, I couldn't for the life me figure out where "Gangsta's Paradise" fit in.
    It's a reference to something Chris Chan did. Sega love taking cracks at the guy, the Sonic Boom show even mocked him

I like hwo the director has come out saying he will change the look, but despite all the intense backlash and negative reactions half the people complaining probably wouldn't have gone to see this film even if they liked the design.

The studio should just worry about kids going to see this film
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I like hwo the director has come out saying he will change the look, but despite all the intense backlash and negative reactions half the people complaining probably wouldn't have gone to see this film even if they liked the design.

The studio should just worry about kids going to see this film
    Yea it's too late anyway. The cost to change the look is gonna be too much and this movie was never gonna light the box office up anyway imo

I don't even see how much they can change at this point aside from maybe a few cosmetic details to Sonic's design in the final CG touch-ups. They're not going to wholesale change his design to match the games better.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea it's too late anyway. The cost to change the look is gonna be too much and this movie was never gonna light the box office up anyway imo
    If the director changes the design to make Sonic look more like his game counterpart I'll give the movie a shot. Sonic being an abomination is the issue I had with the trailer.