Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default [Possible Spoilers] Uh Oh...is "Captain America: Civil War" going...there...?

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2016/0...zergnet_837626

In an already stuffed movie, is the confirmation of Giant-Man a signal that they're going to bring in Clor (Clone Thor)? Or - even more ballsy - have the actual Thor do the killing?

Marvel has shown it has no problem killing heroes for shock value (Quicksilver). And Thor killing another hero could set up the next Thor actor (or, I suspect, actress) in Ragnarok. Hemmsworth's contract is up either way.
    Last edited by PhantomStranger; 01-09-2016 at 09:41 PM.

I think it just means they'll have Paul Rudd hit the wrong button on his suit, get big, and break into wherever to rescue Bucky and/or do a heist-thing.

No idea how you extrapolated anything further from that. We know the MCU Civil War doesn't exactly have anything much to do with the comic event beyond pitting Steve versus Tony. Hell two of the characters weren't even around during the event (Wanda and Vision), why would the story follow exactly the same events in anyway?

Incredible Member

On the contrary, the very core of the story is the SRA. And Tony's reckless and unethical streak first started surfacing in Age of Ultron. Clor would be something I could easily see Movie Tony doing without hesitation at this point.

And yes he COULD pick up advanced genetics that fast...just like he did advanced physics in the first Avengers movie.

He already knows advanced genetics. It was an equation he scribbled on the back of his name-tag while drunk that made Extremis work.

But why Stark would clone Thor ?. He is not dead, and MCU-Stark is not an #%&/(/&%#.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    But why Stark would clone Thor ?. He is not dead, and MCU-Stark is not an #%&/(/&%#.
    He wasn't dead when Tony did it in the comics either, IIRC, just elsewhere. But you're right. As I said in the OP, the writers may have taken a more ballsy route and it could be the actual Thor that kills GM. Setting up for a new bearer of the Hammer (I suspect a female.)

As for Tony not being an a******...did you watch Avengers 2?
    Last edited by PhantomStranger; 01-09-2016 at 10:23 PM.

GiantMan could even the odds a bit.

Incredible Member

^Possibly...has anyone done a breakdown yet?

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
    He wasn't dead when Tony did it in the comics either, IIRC, just elsewhere. But you're right. As I said in the OP, the writers may have taken a more ballsy route and it could be the actual Thor that kills GM. Setting up for a new bearer of the Hammer (I suspect a female.)

As for Tony not being an a******...did youwatch Avengers 2?
    Wait, if Thor kill Giant Man, and Giant Man is Scott Lang, then who is the protagonist of Ant-man and the Wasp ?.

And in Age of Ultron, he was an idiot and paranoid, so unless he is higher than a kite, i dont see how he come up with the idea of cloning Thor.

^Possibly...has anyone done a breakdown yet?
    Well, from the promos that i have seen, in one side there is: Cap, Bucky, Falcon, Hawkeye, Sharon Carter and the Scarlet Witch, and in other side is: Iron Man, War Machine, Black Widow, Black Panther and the Vision.

Wait, if Thor kill Giant Man, and Giant Man is Scott Lang, then who is the protagonist of Ant-man and the Wasp ?.

And in Age of Ultron, he was an idiot and paranoid, so unless he is higher than a kite, i dont see how he come up with the idea of cloning Thor.
    Eric O'Grady! A HYDRA agent who betrayed Mitch Carson and joined Hank Pym's daughter Wasp for heroism.

Incredible Member

Wait, if Thor kill Giant Man, and Giant Man is Scott Lang,
    No one has said that Giant Man is Lang (that I know of). He wasn't in the book.

Then who is the protagonist of Ant-man and the Wasp?.
    Could be Pym (Yes, I know he's ancient in this one, but May/December relationships aren't that big of a deal these days). Could be Lang (if he isn't GM or I'm wrong and GM doesn't get killed.

The same way he did in the comic: a controllable weapon. Clor isn't just a clone, he's a clone that was then brainwashed and controlled with a behavior implant to do Tony/the Pro-Regger's bidding.

Could be Pym (Yes, I know he's ancient in this one, but May/December relationships aren't that big of a deal these days). Could be Lang (if he isn't GM or I'm wrong and GM doesn't get killed.

The same way he did in the comic: a controllable weapon. Clor isn't just a clone, he's a clone that was then brainwashed and controlled with a behavior implant to do Tony/the Pro-Regger's bidding.
    Ragnarok killed Goliath in the book. Goliath and Giant-Man has the same power set. Scott Lang is Giant-Man in the movie. Hence someone is saying that Ragnarok kills Scott Lang.

It's not about relationship, it's about abs. There is no way for Michael Douglas to sport abs for the Ant-Man and the Wasp. Hence he can't be the protagonist.

Well, the alternatives are the old Pym and introducing O'Grady.

But incest is a big deal, so unless they rescue Janet at the beginning, Hope is going to be the Wasp.

I wonder if Clor would be the result of the Scarlet Witch messing with his mind again............................

I'm pretty sure is going to be a big Scott. I would actually like to see Hank as YellowJacket. I kinda of see Hank deciding to use it to do good instead, and he had kinda of an important relationship with Cross.