Page 83 of 232 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 3469
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post
    Yes! The monster has been defeated. Tony's free! FREEEEE!

Now let's just hope that:

a) The new writer is competent.

b) And does away with all of Bendis' ****.
    I wonder if Nick Spencer might be a candidate.

He's definitely working on something big with Marvel. Maybe a couple of things. This could be one of them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I wonder if Nick Spencer might be a candidate.

He's definitely working on something big with Marvel. Maybe a couple of things. This could be one of them.
    Could be. I like his writting well enough. He's not one of my faves, but he's decent. I'll take him over "YA Writer #47"... I just hope we get the old Tony back, and not the soulless, quipping husk he's become. Oh, and we need Rhodey back.

EDIT: I'd prefer Ewing, so that he can bring in Toni, the superior Iron Legacy Character. Maybe he could bring back Lila, and Ty even.
    Last edited by Techno_Knight; 11-07-2017 at 08:37 AM.

BANNED

Is it impossible for me to suggest Warren Ellis as the replacement writer? Extremis is still the defining modern Iron Man story, even a decade later. If anyone can restore Iron Man's reputation it's him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    Is it impossible for me to suggest Warren Ellis as the replacement writer? Extremis is still the defining modern Iron Man story, even a decade later. If anyone can restore Iron Man's reputation it's him.
    Ellis is busy with Wild Storm. Delivering an issue every month must be some kind of Herculean task for him... Still, if I had to choose my dream writer, I'd love to see Morisson tackle Iron Man. He'd do some crazy **** with the title.

BANNED

Ellis is busy with Wild Storm. Delivering an issue every month must be some kind of Herculean task for him... Still, if I had to choose my dream writer, I'd love to see Morisson tackle Iron Man. He'd do some crazy **** with the title.
    Yeah, Warren Ellis doesn't need Marvel's money anymore so it's a pipedream to think that he'd ever come back. Failing that, what about Tom Taylor? Superior Iron Man might have been controversial but it's still probably the last Iron Man book to get any kind of hype behind it.

BANNED

Yeah, Warren Ellis doesn't need Marvel's money anymore so it's a pipedream to think that he'd ever come back. Failing that, what about Tom Taylor? Superior Iron Man might have been controversial but it's still probably the last Iron Man book to get any kind of hype behind it.
    Sure, I'd like that. Is he doing anything at the moment? The X-23/Wolverine book, I think? As for Superior, it was pretty great. It was the last time Tony wasn't a goofball push-over.

BANNED

Sure, I'd like that. Is he doing anything at the moment? The X-23/Wolverine book, I think? As for Superior, it was pretty great. It was the last time Tony wasn't a goofball push-over.
    He's actually been doing some work for DC lately. He wrote that Justice League/Power Rangers crossover miniseries from earlier in the year, an interesting read that managed to take its ridiculous premise and run with it. Although, I don't think that he's under any kind of exclusive contract so Marvel could persuade him to come back to Iron Man.

BANNED

He's actually been doing some work for DC lately. He wrote that Justice League/Power Rangers crossover miniseries from earlier in the year, an interesting read that managed to take its ridiculous premise and run with it. Although, I don't think that he's under any kind of exclusive contract so Marvel could persuade him to come back to Iron Man.
    Ah yeah, I read a bit of that PR/JL comic, but was waiting for it to be done. Might jump back to it at some point. I've been meaning to see the flick as well. Especially now that I got done with STS2 and can headcannon Based Billy as Post-PR Jason.

*steals your Kingship*
    Last edited by Techno_Knight; 11-07-2017 at 09:15 AM.

I would definitely be into Taylor coming back to the book. I have some nitpicks with Superior but for what he was given I think Taylor did a pretty good job, he had a good handle on inverted Tony and Pepper, and even 80's backup AI Tony. I would just hope it wouldn't' turn into a guest fest like All New Wolverine.

Could be. I like his writting well enough. He's not one of my faves, but he's decent. I'll take him over "YA Writer #47"... I just hope we get the old Tony back, and not the soulless, quipping husk he's become. Oh, and we need Rhodey back.

EDIT: I'd prefer Ewing, so that he can bring in Toni, the superior Iron Legacy Character. Maybe he could bring back Lila, and Ty even.
    I wonder if Toni and Tony will meet during Avengers No Surrender (on which Ewing is a co-writer)? It would make sense for Tony to be involved in the second half of that event.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder if Toni and Tony will meet during Avengers No Surrender (on which Ewing is a co-writer)? It would make sense for Tony to be involved in the second half of that event.
    Probably depends on the timing.

I think it'll end around the time Tony actually comes back.

It ends last week of April. He's already back before then.

Invincible Iron Man #596 (January) solicit

THE SEARCH FOR TONY STARK Part 4

• Doom is trapped in a hell of his own making, Riri makes a huge choice for the future and the mystery of Tony Stark begins to reveal itself – and it’s a shocker! Who is behind Iron Man’s amazing resurrection, and is this the Tony we all know and love?
    Unless there's eight parts to that story, it's definitely done before No Surrender ends.

I am glad Bendis will be off Iron Man. Ca't wait to see who the next writer will be. I am beyond psyched.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I came in this thread solely to see the reactions to the Bendis news. you did not disappoint!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I doubt they'll meet during NS, but they need to, at some point.