Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Ant-Man 3 isn't official yet, but I can't imagine they went to the trouble of recasting Cassie just for that bit part in Endgame. I could see them leaning more toward Stature than Stinger for the movies, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the comics following suit.

(We did sort of get a tease of that in Wasp #7. Of course that was to contrast Cassie with Nadia.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Ant-Man 3 isn't official yet, but I can't imagine they went to the trouble of recasting Cassie just for that bit part in Endgame. I could see them leaning more toward Stature than Stinger for the movies, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the comics following suit.
    Yeah, Stinger would be more redundant then Stature.

I guess you could probably adapt the costume pretty faithfully as well since it would be in-line with the movie Ant-Man aesthetic, but they'd have to replace the domino mask with a helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Agreed. As a giant woman, she was pretty unique. Giant dudes are a dime a dozen, by comparison.

Between Wasp / Janet, Wasp / Nadia, and folks like Songbird, Mockingbird, Beetle / Janice, etc. I feel like the 'winged chick who shoots zaps' niche is harder to make a dent in.
    kind of stacked the deck there, didn't you? Janet and Nadia are the only females who currently shrink and fly. Janice Lincoln tried to get size-changing powers because she was tired to just being a flier. Janet, Kamala, Big Zero, and Man-Killer are giant women.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    kind of stacked the deck there, didn't you? Janet and Nadia are the only females who currently shrink and fly. Janice Lincoln tried to get size-changing powers because she was tired to just being a flier. Janet, Kamala, Big Zero, and Man-Killer are giant women.
    Not intentionally, I don't really think of Janet (who rarely grows, apart from some cartoon for kids I saw once), Kamala (who is a shapechanger who can grow, but isn't generally portrayed as a sizechanger, specifically, and seems more of a stretchy person to me) or Man-Killer (who grew once, but, again, isn't known for that, and, like Hawkeye or Scourge, who've used Pym Particles before, aren't generally known as sizechangers) as growing girls, and I plain forgot Big Zero.

In my defense, I think Marvel has forgotten some of these growing girls as well, since none of them were picked to join the infiltration team in Giant-Men.

In any case, I still think Cassie is more distinctive as a size-changer like Big Zero than a flying shrinking zapper like Nadia.

Although I also fond of the idea that she could do both, and surprise someone who thinks that she's just 'the girl who grows' and tries to fly out of her reach or go somewhere she can't fit to use her growth powers and 'lose her,' only for her to shrink down, activate some wings and 'stings' and start blasting.

In my defense, I think Marvel has forgotten some of these growing girls as well, since none of them were picked to join the infiltration team in Giant-Men.
    pretty sure that it's plot driven. the writer's a female. and all of the frost giants that we've seen so far have been male.

In any case, I still think Cassie is more distinctive as a size-changer like Big Zero than a flying shrinking zapper like Nadia.
    I think she should exploit the Pym particle spectrum in a way that the others don't. it's not limited to growing or shrinking. but she handpicked the Stinger identity when she went to the Power Broker. just saying.

Although I also fond of the idea that she could do both, and surprise someone who thinks that she's just 'the girl who grows' and tries to fly out of her reach or go somewhere she can't fit to use her growth powers and 'lose her,' only for her to shrink down, activate some wings and 'stings' and start blasting.
    that would be acceptable. I've just never been fond of the powerset. I hate it even more when Scott does it. you grow to giant size you instantly become a clumsy death prone jobber. it would astound you how many times a giant character has had a hole blown through them or come crashing to the ground from a minor strike. artists like depicting this. giants invite violence. and I think Cassie's fans sometimes forget just how lackluster she was as a giant heroine.

she wasn't the powerhouse of the Young Avengers. if she stays Stature, I hope that she gets better at being a giant heroine. otherwise, she's a limited version of Kamala (who very often appears at giant size despite the stretchiness).

Ultimate Member

I think she should exploit the Pym particle spectrum in a way that the others don't. it's not limited to growing or shrinking.
    That's true. I'd be amused by someone using Pym Particles to make bus-sized giant ants or teleport or phase through walls or turn into a thousand tiny people, just to blow some minds.

that would be acceptable. I've just never been fond of the powerset. I hate it even more when Scott does it. you grow to giant size you instantly become a clumsy death prone jobber. it would astound you how many times a giant character has had a hole blown through them or come crashing to the ground from a minor strike. artists like depicting this. giants invite violence. and I think Cassie's fans sometimes forget just how lackluster she was as a giant heroine.
    Yeah, that annoys me as well. Square-cube law kind of demands that if one grows to twice one's height, one increase in weight by eight. So, at double height, Cassie (or Scott, or Hank) *has* to be eight times as strong and tough, just to walk and breathe and move around at that size. Eight times as tough is like rock, already. At sixty feet tall or around 10 times size, giant Cassie should be *one thousand* times as heavy, and strong, and tough. A thousand times as tough is many times tougher than any metal that exists...

Sure, something with the power of *Thor* blowing a hole in Black Goliath fits the power levels we are talking about here, but many, if not most, super-heroes and villains shouldn't be able to even hurt Cassie when she's gigantic. Tank shells should be bouncing off of her eyeballs!

That's true. I'd be amused by someone using Pym Particles to make bus-sized giant ants or teleport or phase through walls or turn into a thousand tiny people, just to blow some minds.

Yeah, that annoys me as well. Square-cube law kind of demands that if one grows to twice one's height, one increase in weight by eight. So, at double height, Cassie (or Scott, or Hank) *has* to be eight times as strong and tough, just to walk and breathe and move around at that size. Eight times as tough is like rock, already. At sixty feet tall or around 10 times size, giant Cassie should be *one thousand* times as heavy, and strong, and tough. A thousand times as tough is many times tougher than any metal that exists...

Sure, something with the power of *Thor* blowing a hole in Black Goliath fits the power levels we are talking about here, but many, if not most, super-heroes and villains shouldn't be able to even hurt Cassie when she's gigantic. Tank shells should be bouncing off of her eyeballs!
    scott figured out that the relation of size to strength isn't linear. it's entirely a choice. he can be dense as a rock at normal size, ant-size, or giant-size. same with strength. but, yeah, giant characters tend to get nerfed quite easy. Taskmaster took out three of them with a nerve strike.

I think she should exploit the Pym particle spectrum in a way that the others don't. it's not limited to growing or shrinking. but she handpicked the Stinger identity when she went to the Power Broker. just saying.
    No she didn't. She merely asked for Pym Particle related powers as it's what she knows. What she got was basically Wasp powers, though we now know it restored her original powers as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

She specifically asked for the helmet so that she could control insects

She didn't ask for the wings or stingers though. Remember, before she became Stature, she wanted to be Ant-Girl. But she couldn't get Scott's helmet from the Avengers. With only size changing powers, she picked a different name.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Love the title

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She didn't ask for the wings or stingers though. Remember, before she became Stature, she wanted to be Ant-Girl. But she couldn't get Scott's helmet from the Avengers. With only size changing powers, she picked a different name.
    How do you know that she didn't ask for the wings or stingers? That was never stated in text.

We know she asked for Pym particles and the helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    she designed the look (at least the helmet which wasn't part of her stature look). i'm not sure why this even bothers you. it's the exact suit that she wears in the MC-2 Universe. do you think Power Broker designed that too?

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 05-09-2019 at 03:04 PM.

I like the Stature design more personally, but it's a nice look all the same, but maybe a tad "been there, done that..."

Well, and it's a little more skintight, I think .