Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Cindy doesn't even have anything to do with the origin or affect the story in any meaningful way. She's an addition to the JMS lore.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    if you dislike Cindy Moon, do you also dislike Jessica Jones? she was shoehorned into Peter's early days as well (even though Bendis forgot that earlier in the series he wrote Jessica remarking to Carol Danvers that she ran into Spider-man and didn't realize that he was a little kid).
    Jessica Jones I can take or leave. It is the character of Cindy Moon and Slott's use of her I dislike far more then putting her in Spidey's origin.

The only bad thing about Cindy Moon or Silk is her introduction, which was really dumb and poorly handled.

But once she got to stand alone in her own book, she become one of my favourite characters. She had a distinct and very likeable personality, and had a really relatable dilemma dealing with her own anxieties and connecting back to the world. Since the end of her book, she's basically just been support for others, but she's been fun and I'm glad whenever she pops up.

Also I don't even think she is anyway close to be considered a "love interest". The only thing that pulled them together was the "spider pheromones" that made them wanna suck face all the time that was so bad literally everyone pretended it never happened.

Silk's whole 'oh, the spider also bit me' thing was just lame. She's a cool character aside from that.

My only issue with Cindy is that she doesn't work well with Peter at all. That goes even beyond her character issues from inception that got smoothed over when Robbie Thompson took over.

Whenever she's with Peter she just comes off as kind of condescending and abrasive around him. Or in that digital mini Thompson wrote where he wrote them so similarly that it was almost hard to differentiate their dialogue.

The pair just don't seem to come off well when together no matter who's writing it.

So I'm fine with Silk, just keep her isolated from Spider-Man.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I'm fine with Silk myself, as long as Dan isn't writing her. I found I liked her better when she was out of his penmanship personally. As for her being with Spider-Man, yeah I'd prefer it when they're separate but I know they'll be meeting up occasionally so I guess I'm like ''whatever'' regarding those two LOL.

Last night it popped into my head Eddie Brock from Renew Your Vows who Peter killed...maybe somehow made it into 616?

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Last night it popped into my head Eddie Brock from Renew Your Vows who Peter killed...maybe somehow made it into 616?
    That would be so random and make no sense honestly. Cause he shoe targeting the Peter who kill him not our Peter
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    That would be so random and make no sense honestly. Cause he shoe targeting the Peter who kill him not our Peter
    Yeah, makes less sense now that I think about it.

I saw post on twitter tonight and I think it's right. Kindred is Ezekiel Sims. I had forgotten a lot of the details about the stories with him but reading his profile its starting to all add up. I think the bad thing Peter did was he freed Cindy Moon from her bunker which brought Spider-Verse about. Ezekiel was holding her there to keep Morlun and family away. He's probably pissed about it and he hold Peter responsible for the death of so many Spider-People.

There is a panel where Ezekiel refers to Peter and him as Kindred spirits. He also knows Felicia because he had hired her in the past to track Spider-Man.

Ezekiel.jpg

Ezekiel Sims was a rich businessman who, in his younger years, ritualistically gained powers similar to those of Spider-Man. He wanted to use his powers to be a hero, but initially used them to found a corporation, believing that he could not do anything without a base of operations, and swiftly became too busy to use his powers on a daily basis. When Spider-Man emerged, Ezekiel hired half a dozen independent private detectives to investigate Spider-Man's life, allowing him to piece together who Spider-Man was from the various pieces of information they provided to him. Felicia Hardy was one of his investigators, specifically hired to track Spider-Man's appearances in foreign countries.[volume & issue needed]

Ezekiel, in his 50s, contacted Spider-Man[1] and explained to him the nature of animal totems: people who gain supernatural abilities from a mystic link with certain animals. He suggested that the spider that bit Peter Parker was not mutated by the radiation, but actually trying to give Peter its powers before the radiation killed it. This meant that Spider-Man was now part of the supernatural food chain, and became a target for other totems and beings who feed on totems (Hence why so many of Spider-Man's foes were based on animals; on some level, they 'sensed' that Peter was a true totem while they were merely impostors and were thus driven to destroy him).[2] He subsequently aided Spider-Man in fighting a being known as Morlun, a vampire-like entity that 'fed' on totems, apparently at the cost of his life,[3] but it was later revealed that he survived[4] and departed for Africa, where he aided Spider-Man in dealing with Shathra,[5] another supernatural-based menace, by leading Peter to an area where he would have the advantage over Shathra.[6]

It was revealed that a variety of supernatural menaces that Spider-Man had faced were really after Ezekiel, and Ezekiel attempted to direct the consequences of gaining his powers onto Spider-Man himself, taking Spider-Man to the temple where he had been given his powers and drawing blood to attract a massive spider that would take the 'false' totem warrior as a sacrifice.[7] However, in his last moments, he realized that he had done nothing with his powers but help himself, while Peter had selflessly risked his life to save others again and again. With this in mind, he attacked the spider that would have eaten Peter, giving his own life to save his friend in recognition of the hero that Peter truly was, and thus gaining a chance for redemption that he would have never had again.[8]

Recently, in Grim Hunt, it appeared as if a reanimated Ezekiel (covered in spiders) appeared before Spider-Man and Arachne.[9] Unknown to Spider-Man, the Ezekiel that appeared before him was really the Chameleon in disguise leading Spider-Man into a trap with the Kravinoffs in order to carry out the resurrection of Sergei Kravinoff, which required the blood of Spider-Man.[10]

During the Original Sin storyline following the murder of Uatu the Watcher, Spider-Man's exposure to Uatu's eye during the confrontation with the Orb[11] revealed that Cindy Moon, the second recipient of the radioactive spider-bite that created Spider-Man, had been held in isolation by Ezekiel who gave her some training in her powers but then kept her locked in a secret room underneath his office.[12] He also appeared to her and Spider-Man in the form of a prerecorded message telling Silk that if she leaves the lair, there is no hope for them all (likely referring to the Spider-Totems).[13] It is also revealed that Ezekiel had kept Silk safe in her lair to prevent Morlun from finding out. Years later, Spider-Man learns about Silk and frees her from Ezekiel's bunker, allowing her to start a new life and career. This ends up triggering the multiversal hunt of all spiders as the Inheritors are now aware of Silk's existence as the "Bride".[12]
    Last edited by Vortex85; 07-31-2019 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Yeah, makes less sense now that I think about it.

I saw post on twitter tonight and I think it's right. Kindred is Ezekiel Sims. I had forgotten a lot of the details about the stories with him but reading his profile its starting to all add up. I think the bad thing Peter did was he freed Cindy Moon from her bunker which brought Spider-Verse about. Ezekiel was holding her there to keep Morlun and family away. He's probably pissed about it and he hold Peter responsible for the death of so many Spider-People.

There is a panel where Ezekiel refers to Peter and him as Kindred spirits. He also knows Felicia because he had hired her in the past to track Spider-Man.
    Ezekiel would make alot of sense, the only issue is, we know Kindred was already in hell and an active demon by the time Mysterio died, which was before Ezekiel first appeared, so it has to be someone who died prior to Guardian Devil, or just something undead or mystical in general.

i used to think it was Ezekiel because he sacrificed himself for Peter (and, presumably, lost his totem). Kindred has that centipede motif going on. like i could see them downgrading him to the next "totem status." whomever it is, they have a personal stake in Peter being Spider-man and not endangering others.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Ezekiel would make alot of sense, the only issue is, we know Kindred was already in hell and an active demon by the time Mysterio died, which was before Ezekiel first appeared, so it has to be someone who died prior to Guardian Devil, or just something undead or mystical in general.
    is that necessarily a requirement? the man was resourceful enough to give himself powers through ritual means. they could easily say that he's been pulling strings in Peter's life well before we were introduced to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i used to think it was Ezekiel because he sacrificed himself for Peter (and, presumably, lost his totem). Kindred has that centipede motif going on. like i could see them downgrading him to the next "totem status." whomever it is, they have a personal stake in Peter being Spider-man and not endangering others.
    This isn’t actually a problem though.

Ezekiel dies i the early 500’s of ASM. Mysterio returns in the Friendly Neighbourhood arc when Spidey is in his Iron Spider costume, so at the time of civil war.

So there is time for Ezekiel to have resurrected Mysterio. Also. Who know how the passage of time works in this Hell.

My doubts with Ezekiel being Kindred is that Ezekiel always called Peter, P as a nickname, not Pete. Other than that, i think he is a good candidate.

You could also argue that when Kindred says that he is used to living in another mans shadow, he is referring to how he was not a ‘Pure’ totem and peter was and this gave him a sense of inadequacy.

Astonishing Member

Ezekiel Sims was my pick as to Kindred's identity.

There's something about Sims that's just come to me, he was buried in bandages and Kindred also sports them.

He died during the period that Mysterio was dead, he is involved with magic, he did not appear in the Clone Conspiracy and he would definitely go to Hell... yeah, Kindred is Ezekiel.