Page 390 of 745 FirstFirst ... 290340380386387388389390391392393394400440490 ... LastLast
Results 5,836 to 5,850 of 11164

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Nice to hear Emma starting at minute 2 talk about her powers, hopefully there will be more of it soon.

Also.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW3kSORg...madumont&hl=en

http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/07/22...n-on-old-x-men

Stephen Moyer says at 2:35 Marvel made the whole of comic book canon available to them.

So as confirmed in the next video below there are Stark Industries posters around (2:45) below so it is a joint Fox/Marvel creation hence part of the reason why they have to be separate from the MCU film universe as its more in the generalized Marvel universe just not stamped MCU canon.

Also confirmation from the in the video below at 3:40 that Lorna does not know her family going into things, but all of the actors say they hope that Magneto is able to show up eventually.

I come bearing new gifts.

First, spotted this in the wild on Twitter. It's notable because it's Promoted, meaning Fox is willing to put actual money and resources into making people aware that she exists and is part of Gifted. I would assume the other characters are getting this too, but it's still very important and wonderful to see Lorna included instead of excluded.

Also a couple posts from Matt Nix that were missed here. Comments included because they really make the pics.

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    It wasn't special plastic bullets they were metal as were the police cars and certainly the handcuffs.

The explanation some online who saw 15 minutes at SDCC was that they have her explain later in what could be a newly filmed scene with Mr. Strucker she was trying to avoid their death/serious injury.

I pegged it before as her being a skill wise novice and a little PIS added in for good measure.

In terms of comic Lorna including even X-Factor she never big at turning the other cheak at getting shot at. For comic Lorna they would get fair warning to stop and retreat before... well she stops pulling punches.

A possible difference is Lorna went though numerous traumas in the comics leading her to believe pulling her punches against those out to capture or kill her and others she cares about was dumb. It will be interesting to see how she comes out of her first round of major traumas in the show if she was captured and tortured as a reward for pulling her punches.
    That sounds kind of Ehh honestly (I mean I don't really buy that explanation). But I'd have to see it in context in order to judge it fully.

A summary.

Reed enters the cell, causing Polaris to manipulate the metal screws in his knee. She threatens to hurt him, but saying if she wanted to kill him or the police officers who captured her, she easily could have.

Reed shows her the contents of a folder, using it as leverage. The viewer doesn’t see what he shows, but it causes Polaris to lose control and cause some damage in the prison. Reed leaves, imploring her to reconsider his offer.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/07/...n-live-blog/#2

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    That sounds kind of Ehh honestly (I mean I don't really buy that explanation). But I'd have to see it in context in order to judge it fully.
    Well you had a separate explanation as well from the actress in an interview yesterday that she has to learn to deal with becoming too emotional and in doing so losing control of her powers.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-23-2017 at 01:01 PM.

art by Michael‏

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Just got around to reading the description of the footage shown at Comic Con, and continue to love what I'm seeing. I think the writers have done a fabulous job at understanding Lorna's character. Can't wait to see how she evolves and what direction they take her.

Emma explains Lorna's power and when she can't control it at 1:30. At 3:45 she talks about the relationship with Eclipse and Eclipse later explains that there will be an ongoing long term disagreement between Thunderbird and Polaris on the mutant issue with him in the middle.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-23-2017 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Just got around to reading the description of the footage shown at Comic Con, and continue to love what I'm seeing. I think the writers have done a fabulous job at understanding Lorna's character. Can't wait to see how she evolves and what direction they take her.
    They certainly did their homework on Lorna and for that they will be rewarded when the masses see how interesting and how much potential the character has.

Emma Dumont's Polaris will be introduced "in the middle of an action sequence."

Her magnetic powers attract her to danger, and she's "a bit of a hot head," Dumont revealed. "She doesn't always use her powers for good -- if you do something wrong to someone she loves, she'll hurt you."

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/watch-t...-men-franchise
    That is one unifying feature of the character since 1968 that she doesn't respond well to people harming those she cares about and she has an unalterable code of honor and view on what is just.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-23-2017 at 03:49 PM.

If Eclipse was Havok, I'd be concerned about things like "she'll hurt you if you do something wrong to someone she loves." With Havok and Marvel, such comments tended to translate into Lorna existing mainly for him and only getting good moments if Havok got credit for them. Here, though, we know Lorna will be presented more fully, and comments like that about Lorna apply to more than just one person.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Emma Dumont plays Lorna Dane, also known as Polaris. “She controls magnets, magnetism…any metal. She can stop bullets. She can crash cars. She can do all this stuff. She kind of has anger issues, so some of those things happen.” If those abilities sound at all familiar, it’s because Polaris is Magneto’s daughter.

Dumont’s character is somewhat unique in the universe created on THE GIFTED. “When she discovered her powers, she wasn’t ashamed at all. But shame is a big part of what [other] mutants go through because, again, they’re persecuted because of these things they were born with. But she was loud and proud since she was a kid. So, I think that’s why she’s stronger and more confident in her powers.”

Despite Polaris’ lack of shame, she and Blink are on the run as the series begins. So, unlike, the Strucker family, we won’t exactly get to see them living normal lives before getting involved in the story’s main action. As serious all of this may sound, there will still be opportunities for some humor. According to Dumont, “Matt Nix, our showrunner, really knows how to put the dark humor in this serious situation.”

http://www.thetvaddict.com/2017/07/2...human-message/
    From SDCC about kid Lorna.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I love seeing that Polaris and Thunderbird seem to be the leaders of this Mutant underground, and that they have different ideologies. I'm guessing Lorna will be a more aggressive and assertive when it comes to helping the Mutant race then Thunderbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I love seeing that Polaris and Thunderbird seem to be the leaders of this Mutant underground, and that they have different ideologies. I'm guessing Lorna will be a more aggressive and assertive when it comes to helping the Mutant race then Thunderbird.
    Well yah they are going to have to make a choice continue an Underground Railroad I assume to a more mutant friendly country or take the fight the Sentinel Services.

The problem of course with a open conflict with a government supported entity is there are always going to be losses and winning the war means not simply winning battles it means winning over the public and that isn't easy to do when fighting, but stopping people out to get you by hiding has it's problems as well.

Last edited by jmc247; 07-23-2017 at 06:00 PM.

Plenty of clips today and parallels to real world issues. Mutant control in full force by an aggressively intrusive and tyrannical government, stripping away liberties in the name of keeping normal people safe.

I'm also liking what I'm hearing from the actors, especially Emma Dumont on Polaris. She surprises me with her description of the character, almost sounds like a Polaris fan.

It will be interesting once the dust settles to see how the leaders move forward, assuming Polaris and Thunderbird are the thought leaders of the movement.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

art by Michael‏
    Really nice job.