Page 391 of 745 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391392393394395401441491 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 11164

I like it too, did a great rendition of the actors! Interesting to see artwork popping up already for this shows actors and it isn't even airing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Plenty of clips today and parallels to real world issues. Mutant control in full force by an aggressively intrusive and tyrannical government, stripping away liberties in the name of keeping normal people safe.

I'm also liking what I'm hearing from the actors, especially Emma Dumont on Polaris. She surprises me with her description of the character, almost sounds like a Polaris fan.

It will be interesting once the dust settles to see how the leaders move forward, assuming Polaris and Thunderbird are the thought leaders of the movement.
    I would say she qualifies as a fan, she has certainly gotten into the character and her background and her enthusiasm is infectious. I just hope she has gotten in her comic reading out of Lorna's middle years and into the better ones.

Last edited by jmc247; 07-23-2017 at 07:12 PM.

That's nice to see!! Who knows, she may have stumbled upon this thread in her online research!

That's nice to see!! Who knows, she may have stumbled upon this thread in her online research!
    Perhaps you never know. One of the best interviews of the cast SDCC I felt was the one below with important questions asked and answered. For Lorna it starts around 3:35.

Last edited by jmc247; 07-23-2017 at 07:20 PM.

Emma giving a little scoop there about Magneto was good. I had that question if he would feature, so she answered that by saying she doesn't know who her father is. It's a little weird to hear her name Polaris spoken out loud in these interviews. Makes it real and truly incredible Polaris character gets to be featured on this show.

BANNED

Emma giving a little scoop there about Magneto was good. I had that question if he would feature, so she answered that by saying she doesn't know who her father is. It's a little weird to hear her name Polaris spoken out loud in these interviews. Makes it real and truly incredible Polaris character gets to be featured on this show.
    I never thought I would see this day. It's almost surreal. All the House Of M on film and in LIVE ACTION.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Just got around to reading the description of the footage shown at Comic Con, and continue to love what I'm seeing. I think the writers have done a fabulous job at understanding Lorna's character. Can't wait to see how she evolves and what direction they take her.
    This is such a great situation for Princess Lorna..the exposure..a nice upcoming actress who is very ingrained into the character and the obvious progression of just how far she may have to go

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Hah! Thank you! I will say from direct personal experience, she was the most excited person of the cast. I said, "I see you rocking the green!" And she got so excited and into it. Everyone else was just sitting there signing.
    Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    The more I see, hear and learn about Emma Dumont, the more impressed I am by her. Lorna-specific, I feel like Emma's the first person doing anything official that actually GETS her. Everyone else seems to only grasp her from limited, often outdated angles. Outside Lorna, Emma seems like one of the most dynamic, multifaceted and curious celebrities I'm aware of. I feel a little apprehensive about saying this when I haven't even seen the full pilot yet, but I think we're incredibly lucky to have her playing Lorna.

Thanks for sharing your experience with her, and I'm glad you got the chance to have it.
    YES - she's one of us! Well, ya know... in some of our more idiosyncratic ways, I would say, lol. And I agree wholeheartedly, with EVERYthing Salarta muses about her. Thank you VERY much for sharing, Gifted, it was MUCH appreciated & I think you did X-fans REAL proud - you made us look good!

Just wanted to add quickly, I think the WHOLE cast is X-cellent, and the more I see of ALL of them... the more engaging I find each of them! Feel TRULY blessed, that Polaris was picked to be part of it. 💚

Big x-over between X-Men Gold & Blue for #MarvelLegacy. Mojo Worldwide. 6 issues. #MarvelResurrxionSDCC

The teams are swept through alternate realities that represent the best stories from X-history. #MarvelResurrxionSDCC

https://marvel.com/sdcc2017
    X-crossover raised from 4 to 6 issues otherwise no real news from the Resurrection panel.

The promotion at SDCC for The Gifted was well done and the marketing team deserves an A.

Last edited by jmc247; 07-24-2017 at 06:37 AM.

6 Exciting Announcements You May Have Missed at Comic-Con 2017

I can totally understand if you're not fully onboard with Bryan Singer's The Gifted, the Fox series that's linked to the X-Men Cinematic Universe. While no actual X-Men appear in the clip, we get a deep story about a family, one where the father is a mutant hunter who finds out his children are mutants. The battle to keep his kids safe, while also dealing with a rogue batch of mutants, looks intense. Polaris is one to watch, although truth be told, the effects on the powers definitely stand out here. This looks like it'll end up being more about the relationship with the family than anything, but maybe that's what the sometime-y X-Men series needs.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.www.c...comic-con-2017
    Article update.

I am loving everything I see so far besides the lack of full green hair. Like Psylocke and Blink, I don't know why they are only giving minor highlights. Lorna's full green colored hair is crucial to her mutation and character.

Maybe it's still fully developing and she'll have full green hair by the end but still. Otherwise I am thrilled and hope she gets more exposure after this show.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I am loving everything I see so far besides the lack of full green hair. Like Psylocke and Blink, I don't know why they are only giving minor highlights. Lorna's full green colored hair is crucial to her mutation and character.

Maybe it's still fully developing and she'll have full green hair by the end but still. Otherwise I am thrilled and hope she gets more exposure after this show.
    Her hair has over double the green of a month ago and they are just starting filming episode 2 now.

I am giving them a some time to to build up to full green hair which I fully expect will come and dealing with the parentage issue which I expect to be developed though it won't be as easy logistically as slowly dyeing her hair.

As long as they are taking steps moving towards things I don't have much an issue and they are making ones very quickly at least in the hair department.

Some other areas I don't know we will have to see over the first few episodes. Anyway SDCC recaps keep coming in from big comic and genre sites.

I also do have to admit that this extended trailer that dropped at SDCC this year has piqued my interest a lot more than before. Most of the main characters are made specifically for the show.

There are three known characters from the actual comics and Polaris or Lorna Dane is a very well-known X-Men character. I'm not sure if the show is going to go the route of the Magneto connection as Lorna is Magneto's daughter in the comics.

The character first appeared in X-Men #49 and fully revealed her powers in X-Men #50. She has the same powers of magnetism as her infamous father, and Lorna long suspected that she was the biological daughter of Master of Magnetism.

That was finally confirmed in Uncanny X-Men #431. A definite recurring hitch about the character is that she struggles with mental instability, and I wonder if actor Emma Dumont as Polaris in The Gifted will depict any of that.

http://www.totalcomicmayhem.com/2017...ff-part-1.html
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-24-2017 at 04:49 PM.

Eye Poker

I've just started sand casting, I hope within the year to be able to produce a movie quality prop of Lorna's head dress in polished brass.Lorna.jpg

Eclipse talks about how he will be caught in the middle of a big longstanding dispute between Lorna and Thunderbird.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-24-2017 at 05:31 PM.