Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Probably shouldn't have made West Coast Avengers a joke book.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Make Wanda a member of the X-Men.
    Agree. I'm AMAZED you're saying this but... agree.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

First, I think having Wanda join the X-Men for a time as a full member and a liaison to the Avengers would be a very good idea. Second, Wanda was and had been clearly insane for quite a while when M Day occurred. We have "not guilty by reason of insanity" as the fair and just option when people do horrible things while not in their right mind. Before she lost her sanity, she was pretty darned friendly with the X-Men and the mutant community.

As for the X-men.....

Many of them are reformed villains or have huge body counts. Many have done terrible things while not in their right minds or while possessed. They don't hold Jean responsible for what Phoenix did while it believed it was her. They don't hold Scott responsible for killing Xavier while possessed by the Phoenix. They don't hold Charles responsible for what Onslaught did. They don't hold Rogue responsible for her past villainy. They forgave Remy for his involvement in the Mutant Massacre. They've welcomed several mutants to Krakoa who've committed many atrocities while clearly sane. Magneto has been welcomed to the X-Men repeatedly in spite of his frequent flip flops between hero, villain, and everywhere in between. For them to not forgive Wanda at this point would be stunningly hypocritical.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Magneto has been welcomed to the X-Men repeatedly in spite of his frequent flip flops between hero, villain, and everywhere in between. For them to not forgive Wanda at this point would be stunningly hypocritical.
    Magneto has not been an enemy of the X-men for at least 15 years in real world time, this supposed flip flop has not really happened beyond the period during the 90īs and early 2000īs, we are in 2019 right now and while Magneto will never be exactly a straight hero he certainly has not been changing sides in any way of late.

Now while I could see a case for Wanda to become an X-men, first she would have to be written wanting to genuinely become an X-man and do some actions to reassure the X-men sheīs serious about it, thatīs what Rogue did when she became an X-man after her attack on Carol Danvers and to a lesser extend Emma Frost and Magneto had been doing this for years. imo this isnīt a case of the X-men being mean to Wanda by not forgiving her, itīs a case of her not doing much for them to change their mind about her and I think that this is the fault of both the X-men and Avengers edtiorial office because they didnīt excatly made sense trying to get Wanda past the HoM storyline, Childrenīs Crusade tried to put the blame on Doom but even inside story it wasnīt really convincing and her story arc in Uncanny Avengers and AXIS dindīt help.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-18-2019 at 09:14 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Don’t forget that how Bendis wrote Jeen meeting Wanda also conflicted with how Remender was writing her, as these happened around the same time.

What would she have to offer to the X-Men or mutants in general at this point though?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Don’t forget that how Bendis wrote Jeen meeting Wanda also conflicted with how Remender was writing her, as these happened around the same time.
    Bendis actually wrote her in a more sympathetic way than Remender. Which was strange considering he was the one demolished her originally?

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    Bendis actually wrote her in a more sympathetic way than Remender. Which was strange considering he was the one demolished her originally?
    Nah Teen Jean was out for blood
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Lmao considering Bendis and RiRi hated each other it didnt necessarily have to make sense as much as it was a take that.

BANNED

Remender had his share of issues and the use of Wanda got especially broad and harsh in UA, but frankly her self-loathing for mutantdom has always seemed like something seething under the surface for me since decades back. She has always kept her distance in large part due to Magneto. House of M was a terrible story from start to finish, but her lashing out at mutants seemed of a piece with her longstanding neuroses and later psychosis. (I know, I know, it was Doom, whatever) Did Remender express it in the most OTT way possible at times? Yes, he often goes for grand opera to the point of camp. Did I believe it was beyond Wanda? Nope.

She's a very complex, fascinating character who I am glad has been restored to functionality as a hero. But I also think she has a lot to answer for re: mutants. Bringing her into the mix again would mean the X-Men treating her like a war criminal IMO, and they should. (In fact, I'd kill for a crossover where they abduct her to Krakoa and do "the Trial of Wanda Maximoff" a la Eichmann, perhaps behind Magneto's back until it's too late.)

As for Remender v. Bendis, I pick Remender every time, warts and all.
    Last edited by powerpax; 10-19-2019 at 06:05 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    Yes. He did ignored canon regarding Wanda and gave her a power level far exceeding anything she had displayed before.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yes there is. Back in Children’s Crusade, she repowered Rictor in testing if it was possible. And the reason she wasn’t able to reverse it was because Patriot interrupted the spell causing Wanda to lose the power to do so to Doom.
    ...Exactly? She lost the power of the life force and since then(now and during the Uncanny Avengers run both) she can't reverse it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Remender had his share of issues and the use of Wanda got especially broad and harsh in UA, but frankly her self-loathing for mutantdom has always seemed like something seething under the surface for me since decades back. She has always kept her distance in large part due to Magneto. House of M was a terrible story from start to finish, but her lashing out at mutants seemed of a piece with her longstanding neuroses and later psychosis. (I know, I know, it was Doom, whatever) Did Remender express it in the most OTT way possible at times? Yes, he often goes for grand opera to the point of camp. Did I believe it was beyond Wanda? Nope.

She's a very complex, fascinating character who I am glad has been restored to functionality as a hero. But I also think she has a lot to answer for re: mutants. Bringing her into the mix again would mean the X-Men treating her like a war criminal IMO, and they should. (In fact, I'd kill for a crossover where they abduct her to Krakoa and do "the Trial of Wanda Maximoff" a la Eichmann, perhaps behind Magneto's back until it's too late.)

Given how negatively Wanda was spoken of by Xavier back in House of X and Magneto’s lack of response plus his further radicalization, does he even care about Wanda anymore? Age of X-Man presented that he did but it’s hard to tell now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    ...Exactly? She lost the power of the life force and since then(now and during the Uncanny Avengers run both) she can't reverse it anymore.
    Remender seemed to hint in UA that she’s capable of harnessing the life force again to do things like the spell again but it takes time and based on Age of Apocalypse, given that her clone was able to do the ‘No More Mutants’ spell on a small scale, it stands to reason that Wanda could possibly be able to reverse it on small scales at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post

Wanda hated Mags, sometimes, not all the time, but for good reason. She never hated mutants or being a mutant. She actually had a human hating phase.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Remender seemed to hint in UA that she’s capable of harnessing the life force again to do things like the spell again but it takes time and based on Age of Apocalypse, given that her clone was able to do the ‘No More Mutants’ spell on a small scale, it stands to reason that Wanda could possibly be able to reverse it on small scales at a time.
    It's part of her Chthonic power set. Established by Busiek before Bendis. She can tap into a strong power source as a conduit. So it would be possible for her to tap into a source to repower mutants. The risk with the life force was that it possessed her fully. Causing her to do things she wouldn't normally. And that's too risky. They'd have to find something else.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.