Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I would like to think that x-men is bigger than Bryan Singer. besides Fox had already moved on from him, Logan, Deadpool 2, Dark Pheoenix, New Mutants had nothing to do with singer.

The school is a core part of the series. I once compared it to the Hogwarts of marvel comic books, you cannot take that away ,although the worrywith the school is MCU may want to turn it into Disney High than Mutant high when mutant high should be more inline with Star Trek's star fleet academy.
    There is no reason for Marvel to go back on the same well Singer did. Even in comics, most fans are sick of it, and setting it up on another place immediately sets it apart from the Fox movies and opens new possibilities, not to mention it brings no one associations with rape.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    There is no reason for Marvel to go back on the same well Singer did. Even in comics, most fans are sick of it, and setting it up on another place immediately sets it apart from the Fox movies and opens new possibilities, not to mention it brings no one associations with rape.
    Ugh, that all gives me the creeps. Plus he was still making the movies like it was 2003, not 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    They could have costume which show their powers. Iron Man looks like a robot, ant-man and spider-men look like bugs, Captain America looks like America, and so forth. The same could happen for the X-Men
    Yeah, that could work.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Yeah, that could work.
    It's better than everyone having an X

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post

Because it's always been non-black people making these decisions! There was a young actress (I think from the new High School Musical?) that mentioned she always wore a headband because no one knew what to do with her hair. There are so many stories like this! The hair and makeup artists on set have no idea how to work with anything non-Anglo centered.

Black Panther looked the way it did because the people behind the scenes knew what they were doing. Ruth E. Carter won an Oscar for her costume design! She did B.A.P.S all those years ago so she has always been a legend!
    I should have said with the exception of Black Panther. Shuri's styling as a Wakandan teen was fantastic. Her costuming and the hair & makeup department were adding storytelling on top of the actors, directors and script.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post

I think if they pick a mix of characters that have cool looks and powers, they could really come up with something good. These weren't my absolute favorite designs, but if you're looking for color and individuality, I always really appreciated Jaime McKelvie's approach for X-men: Blue:

Attachment 106898

He made an interconnected theme with all the uniforms and gave each some individual flair. Would something like this be a good start?
    I love the way McKelvie designs costumes as streetwear. I want to see this styled as bomber jackets with running pants. Like an Olympics team rather than the Dad!Leatherette that the Avengers wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    They could have costume which show their powers. Iron Man looks like a robot, ant-man and spider-men look like bugs, Captain America looks like America, and so forth. The same could happen for the X-Men
    I guess Jean could dress up like a big brain, Logan can wear a photorealistic wolverine fur suit, and Storm can dress up like a news channel weather forecaster.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I guess Jean could dress up like a big brain, Logan can wear a photorealistic wolverine fur suit, and Storm can dress up like a news channel weather forecaster.
    Hahaha that's pretty funny. I would assume Jean would have a phoenix symbol.

I don't think that's what Mik meant but ok.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I don't think that's what Mik meant but ok.
    Thank you. I mean the individual costumes should have some theme to them. Wasp looks like a wasp, Captain Marvel has a star, Black Panther looks like a panther, Dr. Strange looks like a magician, so does Scarlet Witch, even Quicksilver has a lightning bolt. That's what i'm getting at.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

X-Men is just to big a brand name to change. People know the name X-Men. Most people outside of us nerds don't know X-Force, X-Factor, or any other team name. Marvel is not going to miss out on household brand name like X-Men. It would be moronic is they did.

This whole article is just nonsense.

The Marvel brand is all that matters. They can call it whatever they want. People will see it. Lots of them.

And, yeah, to your point I don’t think they’ll abandon the X-men brand name. My guess is even if this is true, they’ll be called X-men by the end of the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    X-Men is just to big a brand name to change. People know the name X-Men. Most people outside of us nerds don't know X-Force, X-Factor, or any other team name. Marvel is not going to miss out on household brand name like X-Men. It would be moronic is they did.

This whole article is just nonsense.
    I think 'The Mutants' is a working title.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    My guess is even if this is true, they’ll be called X-men by the end of the film.
    Yeah, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The Marvel brand is all that matters. They can call it whatever they want. People will see it. Lots of them.

And, yeah, to your point I don’t think they’ll abandon the X-men brand name. My guess is even if this is true, they’ll be called X-men by the end of the film.
    Yeah... if they can make a show with a goofy ass title like “WandaVision” work than they can pretty much do whatever.

If Marvel wants to make something fresh but still nostalgic, they should adapt the Outback era. With an altered character roster of course.

If Marvel wants to make something fresh but still nostalgic, they should adapt the Outback era. With an altered character roster of course.
    That'd be pretty rad. I don't think that is the direction they'll go in though.