Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Though teenage is in the name I didn't feel that any TMNT series had the turtles act their age until Nickelodeon brought the IP.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Though teenage is in the name I didn't feel that any TMNT series had the turtles act their age until Nickelodeon brought the IP.
    I thought that the 2003 felt like they were teenagers.
    Also most of the movies have nailed it.

Extraordinary Member

The 2003 version felt like high school aged teenagers, while the Nickelodeon show felt more like middle school teenagers.

Personally, I liked both versions.

To me, the real gauge for how quickly and smoothly a TMNT adaptation will take off tends to be how good or bad it’s Shredder is. Whether he’s a little comedic or deadly serious, he and the Foot often provide the best foil and antagonist for the Turtles. Your Krangs and other Shredder substitutes make good supporting villains or other rivals… but you want a good Shredder right out the gate.

The 80’s show had a good comedic Shredder, the 03 series an excellent serious Shredder, the Nick show a great serious shredder, and the first two movies had good Shredders.

Rise had a good idea for him… but maybe took a bit too long to actually get him out the door. The TMNT movie had a great idea for a Raph and Leo fight, but was lacking villain-wise, which made the actual climax less interesting than the bro-fight. The Next Mutation and Fast Forward didn’t have one, and both failed. The Bay movies couldn’t get him right.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I feel like Mikey came off believably as a teenager in pretty much most adaptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    The 2003 version felt like high school aged teenagers, while the Nickelodeon show felt more like middle school teenagers.

Personally, I liked both versions.

To me, the real gauge for how quickly and smoothly a TMNT adaptation will take off tends to be how good or bad it’s Shredder is. Whether he’s a little comedic or deadly serious, he and the Foot often provide the best foil and antagonist for the Turtles. Your Krangs and other Shredder substitutes make good supporting villains or other rivals… but you want a good Shredder right out the gate.

The 80’s show had a good comedic Shredder, the 03 series an excellent serious Shredder, the Nick show a great serious shredder, and the first two movies had good Shredders.

Rise had a good idea for him… but maybe took a bit too long to actually get him out the door. The TMNT movie had a great idea for a Raph and Leo fight, but was lacking villain-wise, which made the actual climax less interesting than the bro-fight. The Next Mutation and Fast Forward didn’t have one, and both failed. The Bay movies couldn’t get him right.
    I think once Rise Shredder became sentient and they had 2K12 Splinter voicing him () he was pretty effective, but there wasn't much they could do with him by the very nature of their take because he was so overpowered.

Although ironically Rise Shredder always reminded me of Sh'Okanabo from Fast Forward design-wise.

BANNED

I know it's not official, but the Rescuepalooza fan game states it's been 30 years since the Turtles started their rivalry with Shredder, and nobody's aged one jot.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I thought that the 2003 felt like they were teenagers.
    Also most of the movies have nailed it.
    The 03 series is still the best one imo.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

BANNED

Rogen's movie will be a backdoor pilot for the next animated TMNT series in 2024.

http://www.nickalive.net/2022/10/new...VcjVcqpkQ_DG1I

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Rogen's movie will be a backdoor pilot for the next animated TMNT series in 2024.

http://www.nickalive.net/2022/10/new...VcjVcqpkQ_DG1I
    Basically just sounds like Rise again.

I want Rogen's R-Rated TMNT where they're smokin' up, eatin' pizza and kicking ass where Leo and Raph get to really use their non-kid friendly weapons.

So, we have middle school turtles and now april has been leaked--a schoolteacher!

Here you go before it's taken down. I didn't post it by the way.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TMNT/commen...ed_storyboard/
    Last edited by Gaastra; 01-23-2023 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    So, we have middle school turtles and now april has been leaked--a schoolteacher!

Uh...I feel like this might be as divisive as Rise initially was.

"Subverting expectations" is just a gimmick at this point. It's laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

Huh, hmmm, I'm not sure how I feel about this. It seems like an odd direction.....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Every design and depiction of April since TMNT 2012 just gets worse

BANNED

Personally, I believe, that Rise would be better received if it had a different art style. I saw a couple of episode and I did saw many positive aspects.
    On the other side (story telling wise) I really despise the way to depict Splinter.