Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Axel-In-Charge - Oct 17, 2014

Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso joins CBR TV at NYCC to talk the scale of the new "Secret Wars," the new "Hawkeye" creative team and much more.

Full article here.

Incredible Member

So he says that Secret Wars won't last for a whole year, but that it goes on for several months. That doesn't tell us much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    So he says that Secret Wars won't last for a whole year, but that it goes on for several months. That doesn't tell us much.
    So until maybe the mid fall of next year maybe ?

BANNED

"A lot of folks complained we were publishing too much Wolverine, we listened."

Then why is there 5 Wolverine titled comics solicited for November??

His go to answer about why they killed Wolverine bugs the heck out me. First let me just say that I like Axel and the job he has done as EiC but man the idea that "Folks Complained" and now Wolverine is off the board. Damn what about the folks that have no problem with the character? Comics are bug nuts sometimes. Plus the weekly comics, plus sabertooth being in the team books now as i guess the new wolverine that just makes it all prickly.

not a single title not affected by this....so i guess that means either the original Guardians of the Galaxy are going to travel back in time in Guardians 3000 or they will be affected in the 31st century.

i wonder if the time loop they are stuck in is already related to all this suff somehow....
    Like the Guardians of the Galaxy fan page at http://www.facebook.com/TheGuardiansOfTheGalaxy
    Download one of our games at https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ck+Innovations

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

So...a wolverine less marvel needs to be dilled. I heard that but after "wolverine's was, announced I thought well no new "wolverine". But his comments sound like Wolverine's won't last and they, will launch sabretooth into a solo since he seems to be inverted and on the unity squad
    X-Men Forever

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Nunez View Post
    His go to answer about why they killed Wolverine bugs the heck out me. First let me just say that I like Axel and the job he has done as EiC but man the idea that "Folks Complained" and now Wolverine is off the board. Damn what about the folks that have no problem with the character? Comics are bug nuts sometimes. Plus the weekly comics, plus sabertooth being in the team books now as i guess the new wolverine that just makes it all prickly.
    Wolverine doesn't end up in so many titles by accident. He boosts sales, hence being in so many books.

So, you don't just take such a money spinner out of circulation, no way.
    Wolverine will be back - once the post-Woverine titles end or stop selling, the big money-spinner will be Wolverine's return. I can't see it not happening!

So, yeah, I think there are a few cheeky fibs flying about. Which is cool - all part of the selling the product. :-)

Self-Loathing Bendis Fan

How do you talk about a major event called "Secret Wars" that Alonso has already admitted no title would walk away unaffected from, and not ask if the Beyonder is in any way connected to it?

Or was CBR asked not to bring him up?
    Last edited by _underscore; 10-17-2014 at 04:17 PM.

Amazing Member

I love the idea of Wolverine being out of the picture for a bit but it's too bad that he will probably not be around for the 75th anniversary. His presence in Marvel's events has literally been taken for granted and has become almost a crutch for Marvel: If you want to draw attention to comic, include Wolverine. He became ubiquitous because he is a great character. Benching him for awhile and not letting the readers know exactly when he's coming back can refresh the property and make more explicit his value to the Marvel Universe (beyond the obvious financial value to the company but to the dynamics of the shared universe).

Secret Wars will affect all titles... Great...
    XMenGold XMenBlue GenX Cable Iceman AstonishingXMen UncannyAvengers SpectacularSpiderMan SecretWarriors DoctorStrange
    TheFlash Nightwing Supersons TeenTitans Aquaman Deathstroke WildStorm Saga Wicked+Divine Low Descender KillorbeKilled SeventoEternity

Ultimate Member

Mr. Alonso, when people complained about "too much Wolverine" that didn't mean that they wanted him gone completely. They just didn't like that you shoehorned into like 20 books at once, regardless of whether he really fit there or did anything truly important. You basically went to the completely opposite extreme with this, which is NOT what people were asking for.

Reboot

No doubt about it, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Reboot

No doubt about it, now.
    Can't wait for people to continually say this still for years to come!

CBR Managing Editor

Quote Originally Posted by _underscore View Post
    How do you talk about a major event called "Secret Wars" that Alonso has already admitted no title would walk away unaffected from, and not ask if the Beyonder is in any way connected to it?

Or was CBR asked not to bring him up?
    Nothing like that happened. I just didn't ask it in that interview. It's a good question though! Maybe next week.