Page 154 of 222 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 3319
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Comixology really needs to get this series into their catalog. It's been forever since I've read it.
    I just started reading this series actually to finish off all of my Hal Jordan reading.

The first issue was....Interesting.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Lol. Yeah, Hal's a great friend.

2019-08-08 14.43.59.jpg

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Now if only they gave him a nicer wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Lol. Yeah, Hal's a great friend.

2019-08-08 14.43.59.jpg
    He tries...no matter what, he tries.

I'm not sure of the context of this issue, but it's always sad to see that Hal was ever portrayed like this.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ellingham View Post
    Yup. To his credit though, I think he fleshed out John Stewart for every writer who followed.

(In the comics, anyway. The Bruce Timm version is really a new character, just with the same name.)
    Agreed about Englehart, but I disagree about Timm's version. I think if you added a military background to O'Neil's version, you'd get the JLU incarnation.

Up to #30 in my silver age read-through. Just read about a race of super-evolved alien pterodactyls who brought Earth's pterodactyls 65 million years into the present and tried to help them become the planet's dominant species.

The silver age was fun.

I'm not sure of the context of this issue, but it's always sad to see that Hal was ever portrayed like this.

Wow, take a chill pill Parallax...

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

That page sucks out of context but what happens in the next few pages kind of makes up for it, when Hal admits that the reason he didn't visit Tom during his "turn" was because Tom may have been the one person who'd have been able to change his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Up to #30 in my silver age read-through. Just read about a race of super-evolved alien pterodactyls who brought Earth's pterodactyls 65 million years into the present and tried to help them become the planet's dominant species.

The silver age was fun.
    I remember that issue. SO Silver age. Lol.

Wait until you get to issue 40. So good.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    That page sucks out of context but what happens in the next few pages kind of makes up for it, when Hal admits that the reason he didn't visit Tom during his "turn" was because Tom may have been the one person who'd have been able to change his mind.
    Is it from the Hal Jordan Spectre series? I know it's not from the main GL series.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    Man, I miss Tom...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I remember that issue. SO Silver age. Lol.

Wait until you get to issue 40. So good.

Is it from the Hal Jordan Spectre series? I know it's not from the main GL series.
    I think It's from Last Will and Testament of Hal Jordan.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    I think It's from Last Will and Testament of Hal Jordan.
    Bingo. That story is interesting, even if GL: Rebirth kinda made it redundant. It was an interesting attempt to reconcile the how's and why's of Hal's inexplicable decent into villainy, just not done nearly as well as Johns would manage only a year or so later.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Bingo. That story is interesting, even if GL: Rebirth kinda made it redundant. It was an interesting attempt to reconcile the how's and why's of Hal's inexplicable decent into villainy, just not done nearly as well as Johns would manage only a year or so later.
    There was a lot wrong with that story. Most importantly that the writer forgot that Hal's ring... was on Kyle's finger. There were a few retcons thrown in there that seemed like the writer was trying to give answers without actually reading the books before it... but that was the biggest one that still sticks in my mind.

I did like Tom's friendship and bitterness , that was played well... and I LOVED the idea that yeah, all the heroes think about how they would take down the others and yeah... Green Lantern COULD take down the league without much trouble if he did it right...

but overall... that book always feels like an elseworld to me and doesn't really 'fit' in with the continuity.