Page 166 of 234 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 3507
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Attachment 86662

Angie Griffin cosplayed Scarlet Witch and a Playboy bunny. Do you think Wanda's classic costume in based on a Playboy bunny?
    Isn't the second one an Overwatch character but with Bunny ears?
    Also Wanda's costume is probably just your average circus/ballerina inspired costume.

A Mayor in Brazil tried to ban Children's Crusade from a book event(or something like that) because of Billy/Teddy, which just ended up giving it a lot of buzz and it got sold out lol. I just thought about how, I guess with something like that, people here are gonna read it and change their ignorant perspective when it comes to Wanda and House of M.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    A Mayor in Brazil tried to ban Children's Crusade from a book event(or something like that) because of Billy/Teddy, which just ended up giving it a lot of buzz and it got sold out lol. I just thought about how, I guess with something like that, people here are gonna read it and change their ignorant perspective when it comes to Wanda and House of M.
    It is likely just a coincidence but “give Scarlet Witch a solo” tag also started with Brazilian Twitter users.
    TCC alone probably won't do the job, but I am glad characters in that story would get more recognition in this kinda ironic process.

Brazilian Mayor Blasts Marvel, Orders Police 'Sweep' of Young Avengers Book
    https://www.cbr.com/brazil-mayor-rio...-avengers-ban/

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    It is likely just a coincidence but “give Scarlet Witch a solo” tag also started with Brazilian Twitter users.
    TCC alone probably won't do the job, but I am glad characters in that story would get more recognition in this kinda ironic process.
    Hurray for Brazilian comic fans

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Sadly that's nothing new in Marvel, look at Dr. Doom
    Yeah I know. I just hope for some slight things to make that a little less bad.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Don't take the (click)bait.
    Yes, that’s what I meant. I don’t think we can prevent many from reading this article. And writing in this thread how wrong this article is usually would be a pointless endeavor. But I see numerous “faces” here that at least I have never seen before, so who knows, maybe it’s worth it afterall. So the article shows just the part that lists the reduction in population number, who is valid, if one sees mutants as a different species than people without mutant powers, which in itself is dubious, but ok. Then the article just skips the part were with regards to Wanda it says “Depowered”:

Depowered.jpg

and instead writes: “Wanda is ranked second, with her Decimation having killed 986,420”.
    I mean, this is just … wow! If whoever wrote this article is done with his/hers “job” here at CBR, I am sure there are some Authoritarian Regimes who would like to hire a Propaganda-Minister.

I think it’s important to understand that this is wrong not just with regards to Wanda. If in-Universe this would be the narrative, it would only make sense if the X-Men would regard the life of every person who does not have mutant powers as worthless. Sub-Humans essentially, who do not count as living beings anymore. This goes so much against what the X-Men are supposed to stand for, I am almost out of words here.

Another thing in this article that pales in comparison, but is there nevertheless, is the sentence:

“She has attempted to atone, but the X-Men don't seem to have forgiven her.”

Uhm, this is just a statistic. It says absolutely nothing about how individual X-Men characters feel about Wanda. But let’s have a look, shall we? Putting aside the more-or-less family members Magneto and Quicksilver, who never held a grudge over her, there are the following who since Wanda’s return in “Children’s Crusade” had accepted her as a teammate and/or even might consider her a friend:

Polaris (border-case, as being assumed partial family member earlier)
    Rogue
    Havok
    Wolverine
    Magik
    Beast
    Jean Grey (the young one)

The only ones that I am aware of where their last known state to me is that they still outright hate Wanda are Emma Frost and Cyclops. Who both are or have been very much in a moral grey area.

I really honestly don't care at this point if anyone on that side forgives her. It's been beaten so far to death. That horse decayed long ago.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

As a Brazilian I feel ashamed but I warning that the mayor was harshly criticized on social networks and that several jurists and the order of lawyers from Brazil stated that the city had no power under the law to remove the comics. Only with a court order could this happen which was not the case.

Moreover, contrary to what the mayor believes straight or gay kissing scenes are no longer considered explicit sex scenes for a long time in Brazil.

Finally this mayor responds to process of corruption in justice in Brazil.

https://jimcheungart.tumblr.com/post...was-with-great

Jim Cheung

It was with great surprise today, to learn that the mayor of Rio de Janeiro decided to ban the sale of my (and Allan Heinberg’s) book, Avengers:The Children’s Crusade, for alleged inappropriate material.
    For those not familiar with the work from 2010, the controversy involves a kiss between two male characters.
    Now I don’t know what prompted the mayor to seek out a work that is almost a decade old, and that had already been on sale for many years, but I can say honestly, that there was no hidden motivation or agendas behind the work in promoting any particular lifestyle, nor targeting any unique audience. The scene merely depicts a tender moment between two characters who are in an established relationship.
    As an artist, my passion is to tell stories; stories of great heroism, compassion and love, with as authentic and diverse characters as possible. Characters that depict every walk of life and color, whether they be black or white, brown, yellow or green.
    The fact that this book, from almost a decade ago, is now being drawn into the spotlight by the mayor perhaps only highlights how out of touch he might be with the current times. The LGBTQ community is here to stay, and I have nothing but love and support for those who continue to struggle for validity and a voice to be heard.
    I hope the beautiful people of Brazil, the wonderfully diverse and proud nation, will see through this political ‘noise’ and place their focus on the light, and on ways to unite, rather than help sow the seeds of conflict and division

What is going on with Brazil? No, scratch that - what is going on with the world??

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The mob said she was a Scarlet Witch, meaning that there was more than one. The villagers perhaps encountered Natalya Maximoff in the past, and thought Wanda was her.
    I know, I'm not saying you can't make the new retcon. I just think the previous meaning of the name kinda got lost with this retcon.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember it coming up whether Thompson liked Wanda when she didn't show up to support Carol among all of her other female friends in one issue. But it doesn't seem like - at least now - that she really dislikes her, just hasn't had a lot of opportunity to write her.

I wonder if they're waiting for the Wanda/Vision series to start promoting Wanda again.
    I am feeling Deja Vu...

I wonder if they are waiting for Avengers: Age of Ultron to start promoting Wanda again?
    I wonder if they are waiting for Captain America: Civil War to start promoting Wanda again?
    I wonder if they are waiting for Avengers: Infinity War to start promoting Wanda again?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    I am feeling Deja Vu...

I wonder if they are waiting for Avengers: Age of Ultron to start promoting Wanda again?
    I wonder if they are waiting for Captain America: Civil War to start promoting Wanda again?
    I wonder if they are waiting for Avengers: Infinity War to start promoting Wanda again?
    Welp, AoU, CW, IW are not her movies though, WandaVision is her own show.
    If WV cannot earned her another round of promotion, I don't think anything else can.
    I relish in the hope that WV can introduce some of Wanda's actual iconic and unique aspects so comics may give a **** about furthering her journey in that direction, and probably give her some closure.
    The main obstacle preventing her Chthon/Wundagore origin from being truly iconic/well-known is the lack of closure/results from it, Chthon more or less is just used as someone convenient for the plot later on.
    She needs to have a grand showdown with him, and get some meaningful development out of it.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 09-06-2019 at 06:09 PM.

Extraordinary Member

To be fair Wanda did get some promotion in 2015 when Avengers: Age of Ultron came out. That's still the largest MCU role she's had to date and 2021 will be the first time she will actually be the star of anything.

I would like to think the comics will use her in something in 2020 just to have Wanda/Vision and Wanda/Strange material to release as trade paperbacks in 2021, but I've sort of given up hoping because, never mind MCU synergy or anything like it, we've been waiting for years for her to rebuild the relationships she left behind after "Avengers Disassembled," and nothing like that has happened because Marvel comics just aren't very good at character building these days.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    To be fair Wanda did get some promotion in 2015 when Avengers: Age of Ultron came out. That's still the largest MCU role she's had to date and 2021 will be the first time she will actually be the star of anything.

I would like to think the comics will use her in something in 2020 just to have Wanda/Vision and Wanda/Strange material to release as trade paperbacks in 2021, but I've sort of given up hoping because, never mind MCU synergy or anything like it, we've been waiting for years for her to rebuild the relationships she left behind after "Avengers Disassembled," and nothing like that has happened because Marvel comics just aren't very good at character building these days.
    Well, if her old relationships cannot really be repaired at this point, at least give her some new ones and develop other underdeveloped ones.
    Modred can work perfectly as a useful ally who cannot really be trusted.(Sorta like his role in Darkhold to Victoria Montesi.)
    Give her more time to hang out in the magic user community, give some specific interactions with others.(Unlike her none-existent ones with Jericho, that is.)

Also maybe new female BFFs(since Wasp has a smaller chance to co-star with Wanda these days, and Carol is Carol.).
    Magik if they could let them interact on equal footing, talk more about their demonic stalkers than pointless mutant stuff.

Victoria Montesi, just my personal obsession of some sort since their interaction was limited to pulling each other's hair, but I think it would be nice if Wanda can react to the fact they basically share the same curse. (Though more often, Wanda just doesn't really give a **** about Chthon's mark, which is kinda weird, I like chill Wanda but it's more like writers just don't take that into account.)
    And I think Vickie and Wanda can have some sort of weird "sisters" relationship.

Clea if they start to care about classic DS character and add Wanda to a more regular supporting cast, I want to see Uncle Dorm and Uncle Chthon in one of those demon lords meetings giving each other face palms and ranting about those "ungrateful girls".
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 09-06-2019 at 06:36 PM.