View Poll Results: What say you?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Innocent Civilians (to be spared)

3 2.78%
  • No - Criminals (to be apprehended)

31 28.70%
  • No - Enemy Combatants (to be stopped by any means necessary)

69 63.89%
  • Other

5 4.63%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

She’s a space alien who kinda thought she was a mutant (copied xavier replace him and was really pissed that he fought back) and she stole ‘broken’ weapons that we’re doing ‘nothing’ but flitting about pretending to be dragonflies and such until she forcibly took them over. But if she doesn’t count there is still Apocalypse, Selene, magneto, Sabretooth. Sabretooth alone has a pretty high count, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    She’s a space alien who kinda thought she was a mutant (copied xavier replace him and was really pissed that he fought back) and she stole ‘broken’ weapons that we’re doing ‘nothing’ but flitting about pretending to be dragonflies and such until she forcibly took them over. But if she doesn’t count there is still Apocalypse, Selene, magneto, Sabretooth. Sabretooth alone has a pretty high count, lol.
    A whole pride of Sabertooths still wouldn't come close to the Scarlet Witch's kill count
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Wanda also thought she was a mutant! (And probably will be one again soon. )

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    She isn’t a mutant lol. Her whole deal is constantly trying to fork over mutants because she thinks they’re all abominations.
    Agh I forgot she wound up being like a psychic alien or some shite. In my head I always think of her as Chuck’s twin.

Hmmm let’s see then.....Magneto sank a submarine full of Russian sailors. He also went on a pretty violent rampage in New York...oh wait. That was Xorn pretending to be Magneto who was pretending to be Xorn. The sub still counts though!!

What about Apocalypse? Gotta assume with a name like that my man’s put up some numbers, right?

Ohh Selene, too! She’s been around a few thousand years doing the whole psychic vampire schtick. She must have racked up a pretty sizable body count.

If none of those work we could always say Dark Phoenix. She consumed a sun before dying from a laser blast....so she has to have millions. Was she a mutant supremacist though? Bit of an elitist with the whole Hellfire Club thing, and definitely thought she was above it all. Yeah she was retconned into a universal force rather than being an actual mutant....but she had Jean’s personality, so I think a case can be made!

Amazing Member

I'm kinda expecting Xavier to be all 'Do what must be done, my X-Men. Do not hesitate. Show no mercy. Only then will you be strong enough to save our people'.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Agh I forgot she wound up being like a psychic alien or some shite. In my head I always think of her as Chuck’s twin.

Hmmm let’s see then.....Magneto sank a submarine full of Russian sailors. He also went on a pretty violent rampage in New York...oh wait. That was Xorn pretending to be Magneto who was pretending to be Xorn. The sub still counts though!!

What about Apocalypse? Gotta assume with a name like that my man’s put up some numbers, right?

Ohh Selene, too! She’s been around a few thousand years doing the whole psychic vampire schtick. She must have racked up a pretty sizable body count.

If none of those work we could always say Dark Phoenix. She consumed a sun before dying from a laser blast....so she has to have millions. Was she a mutant supremacist though? Bit of an elitist with the whole Hellfire Club thing, and definitely thought she was above it all. Yeah she was retconned into a universal force rather than being an actual mutant....but she had Jean’s personality, so I think a case can be made!
    We can also add Sabretooth and the number of people he's killed over his very long life.

Hell ****ing no.

Logan said it best, innocent civilians don't sit in space next to the damn sun planning to eradicate an entire people.

We are assuming high kill count numbers? It doesn't work like that But if we are doing this How many people has Ultron killed is Hank Pym responsible for that? How many people got killed because Hydra Cap? How many people died in Hulk rampage and save the subconscious he protects stop himself thing. Didn't Illuminati kill some worlds? The point is even the "good" Superhumans have solid body counts.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-10-2019 at 11:44 PM.

Never forget that Mags EM pulsed the whole planet in X-Men v2 #25.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    ORCHIS willingly accepted Hydra agents. HYDRA. They all deserved to be cleansed by solar fire.

Racism aside, the only downside to having mutant children is the high possibility that their powers might be genuinely dangerous if not outright lethal. With proper genetic screening, even that can be mitigated. And yes, I know there's the 'superhumans will rise up and oppress the normals' fear but that's inherent with any human who has a stick while another human doesn't.
    Proper genetic screening ? Unless I'm mistaken, you can't know what power someone with a dormant X-gene will manifest once it becomes active. That would solve a lot of safety issues though.
    As for the superhumans will rise up etc, that's more reasons for sapiens to have self-relying options in play to defend themselves if need be.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    As for the superhumans will rise up etc, that's more reasons for sapiens to have self-relying options in play to defend themselves if need be.
    if superhumans were treated with respect and has the same rights as Flatscans there'd be no need for them to 'rise up'
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Never forget that Mags EM pulsed the whole planet in X-Men v2 #25.
    Always thought this comics lowballed what Magnus did pretty hard. Millions would die, not thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Mother Mold didn't ask to be created, and weren't her final words basically, "Mutants, humans --- f*** you both"? Because really, that is another great point raised, that the Sentinels not only go after mutants, but eventually turn on anything with DNA, including baseline humans and nonmutant superhumans, since as jwatson mentioned, mutants are born from humans. There is nothing meaningfully distinguishing humans and mutants as different "races" --- race being a social construct used to justify discrimination by some against others based on surface-level differences, anyway --- aside from a strand of DNA that gives some people superpowers, so the Sentinels, being AI unbound by human emotion even if programmed according to human biases, would eventually realize that.
    Mother Mold had an unstable programming though, you can hardly say "see !" when it's not the finished product so to speak.
    Be that as it may, yes mutants and sapiens are both branches of humanity, it ought to be reminded regularly, given there's recuring talk of mutankind behind a different species altogether.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    if superhumans were treated with respect and has the same rights as Flatscans there'd be no need for them to 'rise up'
    That's pretty naive.
    They are people, aren't they ? It's not Disneyland, you are going to have the lowest of scums among them, regardless of how well or how bad they are "respected" or human rights. The likes of Sabertooth and ilk. Sapiens have to be able to deal with rogue mutants, with rogue superhumans in general.

"No justice, no peace."

Sabretooth is probably the way that he is because his father chained him in the basement for years, pulling out his teeth over and over again after accidentally killing his brother. So.....still the cause of anti-mutant rhetoric that led to the X-Gene being seen as “demonic”.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    That's pretty naive.
    They are people, aren't they ? It's not Disneyland, you are going to have the lowest of scums among them, regardless of how well or how bad they are "respected" or human rights. The likes of Sabertooth and ilk. Sapiens have to be able to deal with rogue mutants, with rogue superhumans in general.
    That's a tad pessimistic. If a society is that afraid of mutants getting together to overthrow humanity that they need giant killer robots to 'keep mutants in check' Then that society obviously ain't treating the Mutants right,
    GrindrStone(D)