Page 127 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2721
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I wouldn't mind Namor showing up in the X-books again.
    Would mind him being an X-Man again either.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Well, it isn't 100%, but it looks like our ONE consistent Namor appearance will be ending in December.

From the December solicits:

I hope they mean THIS arc ends here. Even if the focus isn't Namor, I'd love to see Zdarsky continue the Invaders with Namor guesting. IW, can you ask Zdarsky on twitter? Maybe Carlo too?
    I was hoping the next arc would have Namor rejoin the Invaders as a hero. My main interest in this series was Namor just like in the Squadron Supreme defunct series. Both times I've been left underwhelmed. First in Squadron Supreme I was hoping for Namor to be handed a much better conclusion. While Invaders has been much better than SS for Namor, the way he is being drawn By Carlo Magno is really not my cup of tea as the character visually is almost unrecognizable. Guice makes a better Namor but still too slender IMO, even with the hated blue leotard Leonard Kirk draw a much better Namor in the SS.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    OMG?!?! YES. I would love that! Super Villain team up!!! I will definitely ask him, in my time zone I still don't have the newsarama solicitations up so I'm waiting for those. Then I will tweet at Zdarsky, hopefully we get an answer!
    link I've sent messages to Zdarsky and Magno but still no reply, if anything changes I'll let you all know. Hope he does give an answer otherwise we are stuck waiting until it's announced. I wish Marvel had promoted Invaders more, that's always their problem, they never promote anything like Invaders! I haven't seen any bad reviews from articles or anything and alot of people are enjoying the series.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

link I've sent messages to Zdarsky and Magno but still no reply, if anything changes I'll let you all know. Hope he does give an answer otherwise we are stuck waiting until it's announced. I wish Marvel had promoted Invaders more, that's always their problem, they never promote anything like Invaders! I haven't seen any bad reviews from articles or anything and alot of people are enjoying the series.
    Thank you, IW!!

I'll keep our fingers crossed. I agree with you for the most part, but I also think this is weird time at Marvel / comics.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Thank you, IW!!

I'll keep our fingers crossed. I agree with you for the most part, but I also think this is weird time at Marvel / comics.
    Carlos Magno confirmed that 12 is the last issue. ):

Screenshot_20190919-155028_Twitter.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I wouldn't mind Namor showing up in the X-books again.
    After the reveal in Invaders, no.

What Xavier did to Namor was wrong, and if anything, he's gone further down that path.

I'd try a Namor focused Defenders to be honest.

I hate Namor in X-books. It robs him of his uniqueness and makes him just another one of the endless array of mutants. He should always be an outsider, unable to fit into any world, with completely unique hybrid biology. (which is why I also dislike the Namora/Namorita knockoffs)
    Last edited by Doombot; 09-20-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Carlos Magno confirmed that 12 is the last issue. ):

Screenshot_20190919-155028_Twitter.jpg
    Well, that stinks.

But at least Carlo gave us a straight answer. Going to enjoy every panel of every page we have left.

Thanks, IW for getting us that info.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Well, that stinks.

But at least Carlo gave us a straight answer. Going to enjoy every panel of every page we have left.

Thanks, IW for getting us that info.
    You're welcome and yeah, we might as well enjoy it while it lasts, who knows where Namor will show up next. I really think that this is the best time to for him to get a solo, he just got rid of Xavier's influence and it might be the best we have at good picking up point for him, if only Marvel would see that. ):

Mighty Member

Carlos Magno last tweet seems to hint that there will be another project down the line with the Invaders or am I misunderstanding?

"About #INVADERS #marvelcomics: We saw that everybody loves the series... as we do. But Chip, Butch, Alex, Tom, Alanna and myself still have a lot of work to do. Keep the eye on the news and don't miss the end of this incredible book. Best."

Mighty Member

Bruce Timm Namor vs Iron Man! Would love a Bruce Timm Namor animated series.

I think Magno just means that he and the team still have three comics to put out before its wrapped for good and im sure they are working on issue 11 and 12 right now. thats how i saw that tweet. But oh i loved the batman animated series, imagine if we had gotten something like that for namor? or any animated show would be good.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

I think John Buscema drew what I think is one of the most definitive images of Namor.

It’s funny they haven’t given Namor a child yet. They did with other golden age heroes or a child/father type relationship

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    It’s funny they haven’t given Namor a child yet. They did with other golden age heroes or a child/father type relationship
    Actually Namor had a child, but that wasn't a good relationship, the boy was a bit mad at Namor for being absent and was a heavy human hater who organized some terrorist attacks against a small country and tried to overthrow him. In response, in what I felt like an OC moment for Namor, he just killed him.

And now I think about if is a bit ironic since that what Kamar (the son of Namor) did was actually extracting the air of a small town to let them get asphyxiated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    After the reveal in Invaders, no.

What Xavier did to Namor was wrong, and if anything, he's gone further down that path.

I'd try a Namor focused Defenders to be honest.
    Well to be honest Xavier is a jerk who has manipulated anyone who trusted him, I also prefer Namor in defenders but I don't think that we should blame all the X-men for the actions of a single person, also thinks that all that trash who was given to Scott for accidentally kill him was stupid if something it should have counted as a good action.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I hate Namor in X-books. It robs him of his uniqueness and make him just another one of the endless array of mutants. He should always be a outsider, unable to fit into any world, completely unique hybrid biology. (which is why I also dislike the Namora/Namorita knockoffs)
    Well I actually like him as a mutant (as a guest member) because that actually give him a group to belong and a large cast but I can see your point.
    Last edited by Coatl; 09-20-2019 at 09:03 PM.