View Poll Results: What were your feelings on the issue?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • LOVED IT! Can't wait for more!

86 48.59%
  • Liked it quite a bit!

59 33.33%
  • It was an average read.

22 12.43%
  • I didn't really like it and I'm not sure I'm going to continue reading it.

7 3.95%
  • I hated it. I will never read another X-Factor issue unles Thumbelina appears.

3 1.69%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

My favorite opening issue for any dawn of x title. She gets the characters so well all the voices were spot on. I was curious about how David died. Leah said that he doesn't get his powers back from the crucible, and last we saw him he was shacked up with Speed so it left me wondering how he could have died since then. Unless Tommy killed him or some ****.... *shrugs*
    Last edited by Journey; 07-29-2020 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Can someone explain to me the little interaction between Rachel and Hope?.
    Hope and Rachel notoriously have not had any meaningful interaction on panel despite being family. This was a nod to establish that they have a relationship off panel

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    That family should stop shooting at each other.
    Maddie and Stryfe said “No”

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Hope's her niece and I'm assuming that the Summers Family have dinners that she chooses not to go to most of the time, perhaps due to Kid Cable being there, perhaps due to Jean Grey failing to save Big Nate in Disassembled, perhaps due to Cyclops not getting over her shooting him in the brain.
    We also know the Five are very close and she likely prefers to be with them most of the time.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    We also know the Five are very close and she likely prefers to be with them most of the time.
    Polaris doesn't want to go either, Scott's dream of having the world's biggest family dinner to beat those damn Pym's is ruined.

So Prodigy did get his powers from resurrection. Does that mean he went through the Crucible? I thought Leah Williams said he wouldnt be getting his powers from resurrection but something else.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Incredible was much better than I expected.

For an improvised team they have good chemistry and each has their own role in the team according to their powers. Not to mention that the writer seems to have studied the characters and their powers even the least known.

I liked the interaction between Magneto and Lorna and how he has expectations for her daughter.

Can someone explain to me the little interaction between Rachel and Hope?

Rachel seems to be a little different from how she is portrayed with a more aggressive attitude but nothing really serious.

Rank 8 of 10.
    After all the manipulating and brainwashing she experienced back to back, I would be standoffish too.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    So Prodigy did get his powers from resurrection. Does that mean he went through the Crucible? I thought Leah Williams said he wouldnt be getting his powers from resurrection but something else.
    Maybe she meant we wouldnt see that. I thought it was implied that he went through the Crucible although no actual evidence was given and something tells me it wont come up. They only used the pod as a quick way to let us know he is a mutant again

I think he died for some reason and they had to Resurrect him and since they were doing it they gave him the X-Gene back without him having to go through the Crucible.

Extraordinary Member

The obvious answer is that since it was Prodigy, Apocalypse was too scared to face him.

Hmm. I see potential, but the exposition was very heavy-handed. I get that it's the first issue, but the writing was just lacking finesse. A big pet peeve of mine when handling LGBT+ characters is when they state it out loud for no reason. I'm loving all the inclusion, but it was a sloppy way to familiarize us with Daken's (and Prodigy's) sexuality. Leah could have just left that out and let the scene with the hotel clerk speak for itself. That basically sums up my problems with the issue... too much reliance on telling us rather than showing us. Rachel outright explaining that people forget about her chrono-skimming seemed intended as a meta joke, but it wasn't as clever as they thought it'd be. Also, Northstar was pretty annoying. I get that that's his character, but it as overkill. Like just plopping his dead sister's body in front of The FIVE... and not letting the rest of the team finish their investigation? And he's supposed to be the leader? He was pretty sh*t-for-brains the entire issue.

BUT, I loved Lorna. I love the callback to her first time on Krakoa. That was absolutely brilliant. More of this kind of unexpected connection building, please! I also love how much of Krakoan society was covered. It really does seem like X-Factor will connect a lot of dots that have been left hanging. 7/10 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Hmm. I see potential, but the exposition was very heavy-handed. I get that it's the first issue, but the writing was just lacking finesse. A big pet peeve of mine when handling LGBT+ characters is when they state it out loud for no reason. I'm loving all the inclusion, but it was a sloppy way to familiarize us with Daken's (and Prodigy's) sexuality. Leah could have just left that out and let the scene with the hotel clerk speak for itself. That basically sums up my problems with the issue... too much reliance on telling us rather than showing us. Rachel outright explaining that people forget about her chrono-skimming seemed intended as a meta joke, but it wasn't as clever as they thought it'd be. Also, Northstar was pretty annoying. I get that that's his character, but it as overkill. Like just plopping his dead sister's body in front of The FIVE... and not letting the rest of the team finish their investigation? And he's supposed to be the leader? He was pretty sh*t-for-brains the entire issue.

BUT, I loved Lorna. I love the callback to her first time on Krakoa. That was absolutely brilliant. More of this kind of unexpected connection building, please! I also love how much of Krakoan society was covered. It really does seem like X-Factor will connect a lot of dots that have been left hanging. 7/10 for me.
    IA. It felt unnecesarily wordy, like modern Claremont

Amazing Member

It wasn't that good.
    I mean why this team was created?
    Since when a telepath cannot use a Cerebro to locate a mutant and see if he is dead or alive?
    And what about the membership? Daken joined the team because Aurora is hot. A guy who can see everything, a guy who knows everything, a telepath (in the same team) and they needed the dog to locate the dead body? Oh seriously?
    The writer has ideas, yeah but bad ideas! A comic complaining about bureaucracy in Krakoa. How boring concept.
    Where is the danger, where is the conflict?
    The art was pretty good although!

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I think he died for some reason and they had to Resurrect him and since they were doing it they gave him the X-Gene back without him having to go through the Crucible.
    I found it! Here's what Leah said on Twit:

Leah: David does have his powers back but the how and why is a hUGE story line so I’m gonna ask for everyone’s patience while we get there!
    Reader: If Prodigy is repowered are we going to see the effects of the Crucible on him?
    Leah: (That is not how David gets repowered)
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I found it! Here's what Leah said on Twit:

Leah: David does have his powers back but the how and why is a hUGE story line so I’m gonna ask for everyone’s patience while we get there!
    Reader: If Prodigy is repowered are we going to see the effects of the Crucible on him?
    Leah: (That is not how David gets repowered)
    Oh thanks for finding the exact quote, J! So we're probably going to get a backstory as to how he ended up in that egg.

Interesting.