Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

The X-Statix are celebrities.

Charles Xavier is a mixture of feared and respected I imagine.

Dazzler was a popstar on Earth and LILA CHENEY was music star in outer space.

Didn't Alison getting outed ruin her career?
    Quote Originally Posted by deus ex View Post
    wasn't Xavier well respected by the public at one point? or was that all before it was revealed to the public that he was a mutant?
    Xavier's reputation took a major hit when Cassandra Nova impersonated and outed him.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    The X-Statix are celebrities.

Charles Xavier is a mixture of feared and respected I imagine.

Dazzler was a popstar on Earth and LILA CHENEY was music star in outer space.
    Was. Once the public learned she was a mutant, she was thrown away. She never recovered and at most has done some gigs here and there at random clubs as a solo artist

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He's respected by other super beings, not so much the average person whom primarily see him as a terrorist that has killed a ton of humans, destroyed parts of multiple cities and has declared war numerous times
    Maybe it’s semantics but I think the average person would respect what he is capable of. Like John and Jane Doe wouldn’t just walk up and start trouble with Magneto because they know they will lose. That’s respect of his ability. Again they don’t have to like or revere him, but they would definitely respect him.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Maybe it’s semantics but I think the average person would respect what he is capable of. Like John and Jane Doe wouldn’t just walk up and start trouble with Magneto because they know they will lose. That’s respect of his ability. Again they don’t have to like or revere him, but they would definitely respect him.
    I think back to real life terrorists or leaders in power like Osama Bin Laden or Trump and I dont respect them. Id spit on them if given the chance with no consequences. I imagine thats how alot of people feel about Magneto

I think back to real life terrorists or leaders in power like Osama Bin Laden or Trump and I dont respect them. Id spit on them if given the chance with no consequences. I imagine thats how alot of people feel about Magneto
    That is the respect you give. You would only do it if there are no consequences for your actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    That is the respect you give. You would only do it if there are no consequences for your actions.
    Thats not respect. Thats me not wanting to go jail. Respect is defined as a deep admiration for someone due to their abilities, qualities or achievements and that has nothing to do with any of that. You would at the most basic level need to have an admiration for said person, which I dont

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I think prior to Krakoa, Xavier was probably the most well respected. Until a person got to actually know him at least.

Thats not respect. Thats me not wanting to go jail. Respect is defined as a deep admiration for someone due to their abilities, qualities or achievements and that has nothing to do with any of that. You would at the most basic level need to have an admiration for said person, which I dont
    It can also be used as a verb. “Avoiding harm or interfering with.” We all take our shoes off at the airport now because we respect that a lot of bad **** can happen if we don’t. Again you don’t have to admire, revere or like Magneto but you sure as hell respect his ability.