Page 327 of 337 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,905 of 5046
    iMan 42s

For the love of god do we really need another Doom against FF story? Do we really need it that badly? I ask that because it feels like every run we have another fight between Victor and the FF. It really is a shame if he is going to get reverted because not only have we been there before but it's so constant. I have faith in Slott to use new villains and villains we haven't seen in years. I get that Doctor Doom is a big name but he's not only outgrown the FF, he's arguably too good to be in the book anymore. We can get decades of mileage out of heroic Doom, why should he revert now besides iconography? Are writers really so scared of their own abilities they can only rely on one villain?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    For the love of god do we really need another Doom against FF story? Do we really need it that badly? I ask that because it feels like every run we have another fight between Victor and the FF. It really is a shame if he is going to get reverted because not only have we been there before but it's so constant. I have faith in Slott to use new villains and villains we haven't seen in years. I get that Doctor Doom is a big name but he's not only outgrown the FF, he's arguably too good to be in the book anymore. We can get decades of mileage out of heroic Doom, why should he revert now besides iconography? Are writers really so scared of their own abilities they can only rely on one villain?
    I'm conflicted about this also. I feel like they had to rush Doom back into his old ways in time for the Fantastic Four relaunch and I think the comic can do well without him. And it has in the past for long stretches. When you think about it, Hickman didn't really use him that much in direct confrontation with the team. And we still got some great developments like the Council of Reeds and the Future Foundation.

Slott says Doom is going to be 'misunderstood'. Given his work with Octavius, I wouldn't expect him to simply put Doom back to his 'CURSE YOU RICHARDS!' roots.

But Doom ought to be Doom, scarred face and all.

I'm ticked off about his face getting scarred again because I felt it was time for a change and Reed gave him that chance. And props to Bendis for not showing him squandering that chance. I know Hickman doesn't come out and say it. I hope Slott doesn't take that as an opening for some other means.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    New Avengers

I need the next page! Maybe Victor just gives up... too sad...
    I found the comic and this is the next page. It appears to me that Victor just gives up now that Reed is dead, even though we saw in the other panel that he was ripping one of the Sidera Maris (the forerunners of the Mapmakers) apart.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-05-2018 at 10:38 PM.

Previews are up for Marvel Two in One Annual and for once we see a flashback with Victor and his father!

I forgot that Chip Zdarsky also has some dealings with Doom in Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spiderman. He will be helping Peter & his sister Theresa (boy, I've not been reading Spider-Man for a looooong time) JJJ to help undo some mischief dealing with alternate timelines. Here is the link to the preview for issue #305 on SyFy.com

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-08-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Previews are up for Marvel Two in One Annual and for once we see a flashback with Victor and his father!

This is super cool!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I forgot that Chip Zdarsky also has some dealings with Doom in Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spiderman. He will be helping Peter & his sister Theresa (boy, I've not been reading Spider-Man for a looooong time) JJJ to help undo some mischief dealing with alternate timelines. Here is the link to the preview for issue #305 on SyFy.com

This is intriguing.

I'm wondering if Zdarsky is dealing with Doom after the Demon Hood scarred his face again?

Maybe later?... As for

spoilers:
    now or more precisely tomorrow... It's doom-centric, interesting for sure, with some answers. The writing is not bad at all, the art is not really good. Tbh I'm not sure I liked what I read...

Now I have to open another issue - the last one of a series... - and I have great expectations. I hope this one won't disappoint me ! Lol
    end of spoilers

BANNED

They're turning Doom back onto a str8 villain again? Is this confirmed??

That's not what I've said !
    In fact I said nothing - only talking about my impressions. I know I already shouldn't btw. I wouldn't give any clue about story elements. We'll talk later.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Ahead of the Fantastic Four’s Return, Marvel Appears to Have Doomed… Doom
    https://www.cbr.com/doctor-doom-vill...tastic-four/2/
    The road to returning to his villainous roots? A pity. He could be so much more...alas.