Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Ant Man and the Wasp movie talk

Did anyone else see it yet? I thought it was pretty average. Not terrible, but average. First one is definitely better. This reminded me of Ghostbusters 2 compared to the first one. Not much done to up the ante.

There are two credits scenes. The first one is worth sticking around for and is at the mid-credits. The second one is after all the credits and definitely isn't worth sticking around for. You'll feel dumb having wasted your time for it. I think it's hands down the worst post credits scene out of all these Marvel films.

About the mid credits scene:

spoilers:
    I'm guessing Scott is going to either have to confront the "time vortex" that Janet told him not to approach, or maybe there is a way for him to contact that Ant that was still programmed to play the drums. The time vortex looks like it could be a catalyst to reverse what happened in Infinity War. Also, maybe that is why Scott wasn't snapped away. Time and space work different there like Hank stated.
    end of spoilers

Two other comments I found elsewhere talk about how this can kick off Avengers 4:

spoilers:
    "My guess then is that Avengers 4 will pick up with someone rescuing Scott from the Quantum Realm or Scott going through the vortex and winding up in the future.

Maybe Scott goes into the vortex, which kicks him out in a place 4-5 years from the events of Ant-Man and the Wasp; this is how we see Older Cassie (per the casting call) and introduces us to Older Tony (per the gray-haired Tony in the set photos). The two then go back in time using the Pym Particles and Quantum Realm, kicking off the events of A4.

This would go to explain why Tony is the only character who looks aged-up in the set photos. And it would explain why no one else went back in time yet. Until Scott re-emerged, they didn't know the technology existed."
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Maybe when Scott goes to the future and meets Stark, he initially says that they can't figure out how to go back with the Pym Particles and Quantum Realm, but Tony figures it out. This would explain why Doctor Strange saved Tony: he was the only one who could crack time travel with Ant-Man, if Tony was killed, they could never go back in time. That's why Strange says that it was the only way.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 07-05-2018 at 01:08 AM.

Astonishing Member

It was released here in Australia today. It certainly doesn't disappoint. In fact, if they can continue this form in a third film, It will be a serious contender for the most consistent trilogy out of all the MCU (Captain America holds that distinction in my eyes at the moment.)

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    It was released here in Australia today. It certainly doesn't disappoint. In fact, if they can continue this form in a third film, It will be a serious contender for the most consistent trilogy out of all the MCU (Captain America holds that distinction in my eyes at the moment.)
    I was thinking though what would they do for a third one. Is it going to be another "heist" or "race for the artifact" plot? Because that is what we've gotten for two straight movies.

I felt it was a better overall movie than the first one, likely helps to have not had to change directors mid way through this time, that said felt the writing was weaker in some moments(namely too much sitting around talking for too many scenes), Rudd and Douglas were excellent as usual, I liked the Ghost antagonist a lot better than Yellowjacket, the after credit scene was perfect, and I loved the payoff for the Janet storyline.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    I was thinking though what would they do for a third one. Is it going to be another "heist" or "race for the artifact" plot? Because that is what we've gotten for two straight movies.
    We have to see how Avengers 4 ends before we even begin considering the potential story for a third. But that organization Sonny Burch was working for still exists. So they could be a potential antagonist. Since Burch was an intermediary, they may need a new one. I could easily see The Power Broker fulfilling that role. What other Ant-Man enemies are there? Darren Cross has been done. Egghead is now out of play (given the events of this film.) So that just really leaves Taskmaster. Unless they take someone from another hero (both Burch and Ghost are minor Iron-Man villians.)

I would like to see them some how adapt the thunderbolts in the third movie. Its not really reasonable to expect that but even if it's just mach x, song bird and paladin
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

So... no one's going to talk about wtf Janet "evolved" into? Is she Singularity? Captain Universe?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    So... no one's going to talk about wtf Janet "evolved" into? Is she Singularity? Captain Universe?
    She was saturated with quantum energy.

I liked it. The humor was well-paced. The storyline was great. I like that they redeemed the villain BUT I didn't like that they initially turned Goliath into a baddie at first. My only other nitpicky complaint is that we never got to see classic Goliath suit up.

I'm sure we'll find out in number 3.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

To me it looked like her body adapted to the environment allowing her to stabilize and by extension help others do the same

Edit Did anyone else find it really refreshing that Fishburne's character told Ghost that if she went through her standard evil plan of kidnapping Lang's daughter that he'd walk then and there(and the fact that Ghost listened to him) really refreshing?
    Last edited by Hiromi; 07-06-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Apparently the movie is off to a good start at the box office. Made almost double what Ant-Man made on its preview night, and a bit more than Doctor Strange did for its preview night.

I was completely satisfied. *lights cigarette*

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    To me it looked like her body adapted to the environment allowing her to stabilize and by extension help others do the same

Edit Did anyone else find it really refreshing that Fishburne's character told Ghost that if she went through her standard evil plan of kidnapping Lang's daughter that he'd walk then and there(and the fact that Ghost listened to him) really refreshing?
    definitely. but it kind of made him seem kind of hypocritical once we found out that the overall plan required Janet Pym's destruction. he was in serious denial about his experiment. I wish that we had seen more of Elihas Starr and his wife(?).

All I know it is that it seems strange that she aged in the quantum realm, but didn't require sustenance or anything like that. That's strange. Also being alone for that long, I'm surprised she didn't go completely crazy.

But at least she was able to find makeup there.