Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Each to their own but after about 11 issues Hawkeye seems like nothing more than cheap novelties to me. Iron Fist has a cohesive, great story that expands a whole new area of the Marvel universe. I feel like Brubaker must have been the difference that stopped Fractions usual derailment.

I'd recommend the Iron Fist epic IF you like Immortal Iron Fist. It's all the original Iron Fist issues and has incredible art by Byrne.
    Thanks for the rec. On the fence as I'm pretty selective about older material (plus i don't typically buy paperbacks) and byrne is not really a selling point for me personally.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flamazide1 View Post
    Anyone here care to recommend some Iron Fist comics? I would like to like to get to know the character better because of the Netflix series.
    I was hoping I'd get that desire to read more on Iron Fist but the series completely turned me off the character. I'm sure the comics are way better but ugh. Talk about character assassination with such a bad show.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    I was hoping I'd get that desire to read more on Iron Fist but the series completely turned me off the character. I'm sure the comics are way better but ugh. Talk about character assassination with such a bad show.
    I don't even blame Finn Jones, just very poor writing, but then again none of the Netflix shows in my opinion have been that good, maybe DD season 1, after all the first season flack (it deservedly got) AOS is by far the best marvel show (but saying that, I'm loving Legion)

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I don't even blame Finn Jones, just very poor writing, but then again none of the Netflix shows in my opinion have been that good, maybe DD season 1, after all the first season flack (it deservedly got) AOS is by far the best marvel show (but saying that, I'm loving Legion)
    Each to their own I think the NEtflix shows are the strongest comic book adaptations but I haven't seen Legion yet (I will probably binge it when it ends. And I mean the whole thing).
    The main problem is their length but at least Defenders will be only 8 episodes which is good. They are of course not perfect but pretty solid entertainment and you can't really say anyone did anything like that on tv before with superhero shows.
    Except Iron fist.
    It is on the level of the average CW show and from what I've heard it was shot like that which is unacceptable for a Netflix show. Every other one took it's time to make proper action scenes but IF, which is THE MARTIAL ARTS SHOW just made up the fight choreographs on the spot and then edited the hell out of them. Just what where they thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Each to their own I think the NEtflix shows are the strongest comic book adaptations but I haven't seen Legion yet (I will probably binge it when it ends. And I mean the whole thing).
    The main problem is their length but at least Defenders will be only 8 episodes which is good. They are of course not perfect but pretty solid entertainment and you can't really say anyone did anything like that on tv before with superhero shows.
    Except Iron fist.
    It is on the level of the average CW show and from what I've heard it was shot like that which is unacceptable for a Netflix show. Every other one took it's time to make proper action scenes but IF, which is THE MARTIAL ARTS SHOW just made up the fight choreographs on the spot and then edited the hell out of them. Just what where they thinking?
    Don't wait to binge the whole legion series, watch it now

That maybe the case, compared to CW shows they are pretty good, but compared to a good show (for instance, the Americans or Hannibal) they are poor, the actors just aren't very good, I think people are so desperate to have a quality CB tv show they are overlooking the shows flaws
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 03-31-2017 at 01:39 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Finn isn't horrendous. I couldn't tell if it was bad acting or bad writing or both. But for sure the writing is bad. I generally agree with your opinion on the shows. DD Season 1 I thought was excellent mostly because of Kingpin, which I thought was Marvel's best villain characterization on film or TV to date. Nuanced, complex, interesting. But Season 2 was boring, Jessica Jones had a few moments but ultimately I struggled to finish it, Cage was boring, and Iron Fist was flat out terrible. As soon as the final episode ended, I let out an audible, "Ugh!" I pretty much just watched it to get through to Defenders. If Defenders isn't good, I'm done with Marvel TV shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Yeah, the fight choreography was horrendous. Even as far as CW shows go, Arrow does the whole "Billionaire coming back after everyone thought he was dead to fight crime" routine better, and that show is also terrible.

Anyway, I seemed to have hijacked the thread from comic recommendations to trashing the show. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Finn isn't horrendous. I couldn't tell if it was bad acting or bad writing or both. But for sure the writing is bad. I generally agree with your opinion on the shows. DD Season 1 I thought was excellent mostly because of Kingpin, which I thought was Marvel's best villain characterization on film or TV to date. Nuanced, complex, interesting. But Season 2 was boring, Jessica Jones had a few moments but ultimately I struggled to finish it, Cage was boring, and Iron Fist was flat out terrible. As soon as the final episode ended, I let out an audible, "Ugh!" I pretty much just watched it to get through to Defenders. If Defenders isn't good, I'm done with Marvel TV shows.

Yeah, the fight choreography was horrendous. Even as far as CW shows go, Arrow does the whole "Billionaire coming back after everyone thought he was dead to fight crime" routine better, and that show is also terrible.

Anyway, I seemed to have hijacked the thread from comic recommendations to trashing the show. Sorry.
    From what I remember of Arrow the fights are usually pretty decent and you have the actual superhero doing the action not some barefoot hobo with a tattoo. It made me happy for 2 seconds when GA and Black Canary IN COSTUME were beating up ninjas than leaving the scene on a grappling hook arrow. I might be a basement dweller manchild but this is part of the equation in a show like this.

BANNED

Epic Collection: The Fury of the Iron Fist
    Iron Fist: The Return of K’un Lun
    The Immortal Iron Fist: The Complete Collection Volume 1
    The Immortal Iron Fist: The Complete Collection Volume 2
    Iron Fist: The Living Weapon – The Complete Collection

these 5 books collect almost everything minus the Power Man & Iron Fist stuff. The Immortal Iron Fist: The Complete Collection Volume 1 is probably the best one.