Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    cool!
    10char
    And the underage sex thing still happened?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    And the underage sex thing still happened?
    no all of that garbage was retconned. in Claremont and Priest story they remained only kids who never even shared a kiss at the time the two would go their separate ways:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-12-2018 at 01:51 AM.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

no all of that garbage was retconned. in Claremont and Priest story they remained only kids who never even shared a kiss at the time the two would go their separate ways:

Hmm under the circumstance of what happened before Dickey retconned their history together I suppose Ororo and T'Challa could have been a good couple too bad Marvel rushed the wedding resulting in a relationship that lacked substance and was ultimately ended. I know you would want to be together but the reputation of the marriage left too many unhappy. If Marvel rebooted and started everything from round zero then it could work.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Well...

Since Hudlin's initial run was meant to be a standalone story arc that eventually got merged into full blown canon I would say follow the MCU movie version and just retcon Nakia as is and lose the whole "Malice" thing from way back when!
    I could bring MCU!Nakia into continuity in ONE PANEL, without retconning anything important.

(Two, if you want to bring in the Gillis mini).

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I could bring MCU!Nakia into continuity in ONE PANEL, without retconning anything important.

(Two, if you want to bring in the Gillis mini).
    There really isn't any need to have 616 Nakia synergized. She was only who she was in the movie because they couldn't use Storm, who is a far better match for T'Challa.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    There really isn't any need to have 616 Nakia synergized. She was only who she was in the movie because they couldn't use Storm, who is a far better match for T'Challa.
    Wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    you better preach I love this truth being spilled in this thread
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Hmm under the circumstance of what happened before Dickey retconned their history together I suppose Ororo and T'Challa could have been a good couple too bad Marvel rushed the wedding resulting in a relationship that lacked substance and was ultimately ended. I know you would want to be together but the reputation of the marriage left too many unhappy. If Marvel rebooted and started everything from round zero then it could work.
    I believe it depends on the circle you keep because I've seen more people, especially on Facebook, support the couple versus those who dont. that said I dont care about the reputation making people unhappy. there are many old readers who like the marriage and they are new readers who didnt experienced or read the older stories when hudlin and others wrote them. This is evident by people enjoying how Coates is writing the two..
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I would write a book where the Black Panther channels a little bit of Doom and first seeks to consolidate factions within the kingdom and then turn his focus outwards and bring together all of Africa. I'm getting sick of this PC Panther that's so neutered, I ready to see slowly go down a darker, ambiguous path where he walks on the thin edge of being tyrannical due to a bigger vision of having him and his kingdom try to raise Africa to be a superpower. I want to see this king that is known for having such noble heart have that heart broken under the weight of his contemplation of a greater responsibility to fellow Africans.

Btw i think we started getting away from the vision of this post with all the pedophile convo!
    Last edited by dkrook; 07-12-2018 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I would write a book where the Black Panther channels a little bit of Doom and first seeks to consolidate factions within the kingdom and then turn his focus outwards and bring together all of Africa. I'm getting sick of this PC Panther that's so neutered, I ready to see slowly go down a darker, ambiguous path where he walks on the thin edge of being tyrannical due to a bigger vision of having him and his kingdom try to raise Africa to be a superpower. I want to see this king that is known for having such noble heart have that heart broken under the weight of his contemplation of a greater responsibility to fellow Africans.
    ooooh a tyrannical tchalla??? now me personally i hate the idea of that but it would be very interesting to see how that would affect his allies within wakanda and abroad.

ooooh a tyrannical tchalla??? now me personally i hate the idea of that but it would be very interesting to see how that would affect his allies within wakanda and abroad.
    Exactly, we're all used to seeing a benevolent king, a moral man. I think that it would be fun. If it was reality grounded we would get to see all the build up first hand while the world mostly ignores Africa. Then out of nowhere the rest of the world and it heroes discovers an Africa that might be able to take on the world itself. Hell that's how i would do the empire of Wakanda!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Exactly, we're all used to seeing a benevolent king, a moral man. I think that it would be fun. If it was reality grounded we would get to see all the build up first hand while the world mostly ignores Africa. Then out of nowhere the rest of the world and it heroes discovers an Africa that might be able to take on the world itself. Hell that's how i would do the empire of Wakanda!
    Hmmm very interesting. But my concern is what would that do for the safety and well-being of the people of wakanda and the security of its nation both from external and internal opposition to his totalitarian ways? Would this result in the people rising up to dethrone him or would it result in other countries looking to fund opposition forces to help destabilize the country? How would the avengers (friends/colleagues) view this and what would they do to intervene? I think the concept is really cool and would actually be interesting to see but I think if that is explored it's not something he will easily be able to come back from.

Well this thread went the predictable direciton
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Well this thread went the predictable direciton
    what direction was that?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm guessing Dickey's story is the one where T'Challa saved Ororo instead of the other way around.

If I did a Black Panther story, I'd re-imagine Killmonger as a more Doctor Doom or Kingpin-like character with his own rival nation to Wakanda and include some story-arcs where he has to hold on the Black Panther mantle for a while.