Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saga?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Joe Eisma recently tweeted that he was drawing his first Morning Glories pages in 6 years. I believe they are returning.
    Sorry to further hijack the thread, but did MG stop in a remotely satisfactory place? I read the first couple of volumes before the “hiatus” began and I saw no point in continuing if the many questions never got answered.

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Sorry to further hijack the thread, but did MG stop in a remotely satisfactory place? I read the first couple of volumes before the “hiatus” began and I saw no point in continuing if the many questions never got answered.
    It's been a long time, but my recollection is, no, it ends abruptly without much resolution on anything.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    The USS Enterprise could fit in the hole of unresolved stuff that book left open.

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    It's been a long time, but my recollection is, no, it ends abruptly without much resolution on anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The USS Enterprise could fit in the hole of unresolved stuff that book left open.
    Argh, okay. I guess I'll leave off on reading the rest of them.

Quote Originally Posted by DjMichael691 View Post
    That is amazing news.
    I believe that was just a reward for the Comic stores fundaraiser thing. He's probably had those scripts in a drawer for years.

Still flying

Does anyone have any updates? I can't find anything on the inter-web.

Astonishing Member

Does anyone have any updates? I can't find anything on the inter-web.
    They are working on it.

Its a shame, that a successful book like Saga, that was on schedule most of the time, takes a break that is taking so long that either people give up on it or going rampage over the next issue when it comes out.

Still flying

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    They are working on it.

Its a shame, that a successful book like Saga, that was on schedule most of the time, takes a break that is taking so long that either people give up on it or going rampage over the next issue when it comes out.
    True but I am just happy that they are working on it and that it is still going to continue (hopefully).

I liked Saga but I've lost interest. How long has it been? Years. When is it coming back? Who knows. What was happening in the book? I don't remember.

It sucks, but you can't take that amount of time away, and expect to retain all your readership. Obviously hte pandemic played a part in it at this point, but the pandemic hans't been going on for yearS, even if it feels like it sometimes.

Mighty Member

True but I am just happy that they are working on it and that it is still going to continue (hopefully).
    I'll believe it when I see new issues at the CB shop. And won't be buying it even if I do. GRRM'ing your masterwork is all the rage these days. Use something to make your name, then ditch it, and it's fans so you can devote your time to other stuff. It's their time, and I won't begrudge them that. But they don't get a dime of my money going forward, on this or any other project. Fool me once, and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    GRRM'ing your masterwork is all the rage these days. Use something to make your name, then ditch it, and it's fans so you can devote your time to other stuff. It's their time, and I won't begrudge them that. But they don't get a dime of my money going forward, on this or any other project. Fool me once, and all that.
    To be fair, Brian K. Vaughan was a well-established comics writer long before Saga. He worked on Runaways, Ex Machina and Y: The Last Man among others between 1996 and 2007. If anything, Saga was hyped as his triumphant return after 5 years working in TV (on LOST and Under The Dome). Of course Fiona Staples was less established, but just want to point out she and Vaughan didn't really make their name with Saga and then chased more lucrative projects.

I understand being disappointed in the lengthy hiatus though, that's entirely fair.
    I wonder if they'll be able to recapture their audience when it returns (although I imagine the real audience for Saga buys the collections at Barnes & Noble).
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Incredible Member

I love this book. Never thought it lost luster or whatever. Looking forward to it coming back. I'll just reread the massive compendium in preparation. In the meantime, a million and one other comics await my time. Not sweating this.

Yeah I don't think this is "GRRM-ing" the book. I've seen a lot of frustration about delays in books recently. Comic creators are also living in a pandemic that's upsetting the normal order of things. Including just the mental capacity and space to deal with things. It might just be hard to draw a comic at the normal rate for some people. Or to write it. Or perhaps these creators have people in their lives that they have to take care of differently than before.

We don't know. And as always, the creators, despite what some fans think, do not owe us an explanation.

I said upthread that, unfortunately, I just kind of lost interest in Saga. It had already started in the last arc or two. Taking actual years off isn't helping. But I'm not mad at the creators.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I think it’s a shame they went on hiatus. It’ll struggle to keep the same following it initially grew.

One of the reasons why Kirkman has become so big is his ability to put something out like Walking Dead/Invincible CONSISTENTLY (some delays here and there) - people like something they can read regularly and get infested, and EXCITED, for the next issue.

Lazarus and Saga have both took massive hits by having their long pauses. Not blaming the creators or saying they shouldn’t have done so, but just think that’s what a lot of fans look for and what hooks them to comics.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    One of the reasons why Kirkman has become so big is his ability to put something out like Walking Dead/Invincible CONSISTENTLY (some delays here and there) - people like something they can read regularly and get infested, and EXCITED, for the next issue.

Bad example. "Some" delays? Both those books had huge delays, and often.