Page 45 of 259 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Gleb revealed that he drew a fountain of blood when Talia killed the guy, but it didn't get pass the rating ^^
    Attachment 107619
    This won't be in the book.
    Interesting that they can show us Joker's skinned face and wore it upside-down, but not the fountain of blood. Well, it's fine I think, almost all readers know that Talia can and will do something like that on hostage situation, anyway.

Ah. So Talia did kill him. Figured that's what happened but I'm glad that got cleared up.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    But even if Damian did kill him, sure I wouldn't have liked that they continued with that crap from Teen Titans, but it wouldn't have been that shocking either because, well, they already made him cross the line at the end of Teen Titans.
    I wouldn't have been a big fan of him doing it. But it was for his mom (whether she deserves him or not) so I'd have given it a pass. I've always been alright with the idea of Damian and Jason not making a habit out of killing but being more willing than Bruce to do it in extreme situations. Like...you know...someone holding a knife up to a loved one's throat.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Interesting that they can show us Joker's skinned face and wore it upside-down, but not the fountain of blood. Well, it's fine I think, almost all readers know that Talia can and will do something like that on hostage situation, anyway.
    That Detective Comics story and Death of The Family arc in Batman was rated T for Teen which is 16 and up. The current Detective Comics is 13+

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Ah. So Talia did kill him. Figured that's what happened but I'm glad that got cleared up.

I wouldn't have been a big fan of him doing it. But it was for his mom (whether she deserves him or not) so I'd have given it a pass. I've always been alright with the idea of Damian and Jason not making a habit out of killing but being more willing than Bruce to do it in extreme situations. Like...you know...someone holding a knife up to a loved one's throat.
    Eh, after Damian killed Brother Blood last summer I feel like this would have just cemented that Damian kills regularly, even if it's not an emergency. DC is terrible when it comes to nuance for characters that are only supposed to kill under certain dire circumstances. That's why I don't want Damian to go in that direction. I have no faith in DC to not make him a villain.

But I was actually just talking about the quality of the cliffhanger and why I didn't think it worked all that well.
    The resolution shows us what direction Williamson intends to push Damian in (not killing), which I support, but there wasn't really any suspense.
    Suspense built on the question "Will Damian kill or not?" in the context of Damian having to choose between his two legacies only really works if Damian has been closely following one legacy up until that point if you ask me. But Damian has been neither here nor there since 2018. Everything he learned about why killing is wrong got thrown out the window with his last arc in Teen Titans, so this decision in Demon or Detective doesn't feel like a big decision with high stakes at all. The resolution shows us what direction Williamson wants for Damian, but it doesn't really feel like a huge turning point for the character.

Damian already killed in Teen Titans not too long ago. So it wouldn't have mattered that much if he did it again here.
    Damian had seemingly decided not to kill in Detective Comics, but Tomasi didn't really adress it so it hardly counts as character developement.
    Damian's reaction to Talia killing that guy is also neither supportive nor opposing judging by that preview.

Maybe it's just me, but if you're not planning on making a clear stance on whether Damian supports killing people or not then don't write a cliffhanger like this one.

Really enjoyed the second part of Demon or Detective, can't wait to read the ongoing.

Fantastic Member

I second that. The Demon or Detective story actually managed to have me intrigued by the futures of both Damian and Talia.

I think the Al Ghul's are so wonderfully twisted and complex.

Talia's sense of calm has always crossed the threshold to cold-blooded but I think a cold and ice-like love, is what she is capable of.

As destructive and tragic as their past is, it's clear Damian still cares deeply about his mother. Sometimes I wonder if Damian (and Bruce for that matter) know what Nyssa did to Talia in DaTM.

Can't wait to see what the future holds.

So CBR spoiled me for Tec #1034 as soon as I opened my eyes, but it's confirmed that Connor will participate, as well as Rose, Batman of Japan and China White.

https://www.cbr.com/infinite-frontie...*********/amp/
    Last edited by Shen; 03-24-2021 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    So CBR spoiled me for Tec #1034 as soon as I opened my eyes, but it's confirmed that Connor will participate, as well as Rose, Batman of Japan and China White.

https://www.cbr.com/infinite-frontie...*********/amp/
    Huh. CBR censored their own link.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Huh. CBR censored their own link.
    Apparently so. It doesn't work, but I'm sure you've already seen the article pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    I second that. The Demon or Detective story actually managed to have me intrigued by the futures of both Damian and Talia.

I think the Al Ghul's are so wonderfully twisted and complex.

Talia's sense of calm has always crossed the threshold to cold-blooded but I think a cold and ice-like love, is what she is capable of.

As destructive and tragic as their past is, it's clear Damian still cares deeply about his mother. Sometimes I wonder if Damian (and Bruce for that matter) know what Nyssa did to Talia in DaTM.

Can't wait to see what the future holds.
    Yep. I've always thought the same about Talia. She comes across as uncaring but she does in her way.

With Bruce
    With Damian she can was at times ruthless but that was also love. She's fiercely protective of him which was a joy to see in RSOB and DCeased.

I like how Williamson writes Talia. I think I like his Talia even more than Gleason's

[though Bruce and Talia squabbling like a divorced couple in a custody battle while fighting side by side with Damian in RSOB was a joy]

Talia seems to have a few things going on in Infinite Frontier and I'm pumped. I like the character but she hasn't had much of a positive showing in the last years. Silencer looked promising at 1st but...

I'm looking forward to Robin even more with this Talia in play.

So, was anyone else banned for a bit or was it just me?

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Damian and Bruce from Batman Black and White #5 out April 27th

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    So, was anyone else banned for a bit or was it just me?
    Because of the cbr censored link? I didn't notice any other bans.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Because of the cbr censored link? I didn't notice any other bans.
    Probably, though its a little weird to be banned for that.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Damian and Bruce from Batman Black and White #5 out April 27th

They're... actually doing some father-son bonding! Holy crap that's a breath of fresh air.