Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Not gonna lie...the only hairstyle I've ever liked on He-Man is the one from the Filmation series. New Adventures and 20XX, wtf was that.
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    The above is my description for the Teela character...

At 2:00 Sarah Michelle Gellar FINALLY resonates to the half shaved head Teela character
    given that before the Filmation Teela character was part of a world laser focused on young boys...
    Hold up, Mr. Melissa Benoist said we never saw He-Man and Skeletor fight? yes we did, wtf.

Isn't there an old saying "once you close the deal SHUT UP"?
    Like Kevin Smith...a SUPER Fan!

Like Kevin Smith...a SUPER Fan!
    Don't get me started...

I'm sorry but that's a really stupid error to make. They fought a LOT.

Not that they read this forum, but if they do, shut tf up or just say "I'm happy to be here yay". Everyone, cast and crew alike, be quiet, cause not saying something that can't INSTANTLY be disproven isn't working.

Remember when this was turned into a meme? Apparently anyone with an internet connection imagined it.

Guess we all collectively imagined this too...

And what's interesting is that the fights were unpredictable. Sometimes He-Man would just knock Skeletor's staff out of his hands and Skeletor would flee, sometimes Skeletor would be on the offensive and attack first, sometimes Skeletor would just try to take him by surprise (the first image I posted). He-Man was always the victor, but it wasn't always a cake walk. And its actually impressive the times Skeletor would try and fight He-Man, someone known as "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe".

BANNED

What's really weird: She-Ra had, what, FOUR, of these "'kid appeal' annoying magical characters" (Madame Razz, Broom, Kowl, and Loo-Kee) yet none of them were as remotely irritating as Orko. Ok maybe Madame Razz is iffy in that she was a sort of grandmotherly type, but I still count her in that she'd have spells that sometimes didn't work. I think the difference was none of them seemed like an obnoxious idiot like Orko.
    REJOICE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    I never found orko annoying as a kid at all myself.
    No matter! Orko's DONE for...

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Battlecat annoyed me more, and even Adam/He-Man was somewhat annoying.
    Next on the HIT LIST: Battlecat and Adam/He-Man!

TEELA is to have the Power!!!

Well, like I said, I didn't like him being an obnoxious idiot. Making him not an obnoxious idiot like the "kid appeal" characters on She-Ra is the answer, not making him broken.

A lot of what Kevin Smith says in regards to the show sounds very...nihilistic. I think that's one of the many reasons they're backtracking a bit and saying its now [retroactively] a "spiritual" sequel to the Filmation series. Though I do I think in the end they'll hit a big giant reset button and everything will return to normal (including deaths), save for Teela retaining the "revelation" of Adam being He-Man.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The MOTU rights situation is a nightmare (thanks to Mattel). It sucks. All these great He-Man elements are simply from the Filmation series and they can't be used. And I doubt Mattel would even try to involve NBC Universal because then they'd have to sacrifice some profit. I think I might not even watch Revelation (to not reward them with my view). Return of Faker seems a lot more satisfying right now.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-13-2021 at 10:40 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Teela and the masters of the universe

Well now that's interesting. Its private now...

BANNED

SUPER Fan Kevin Smith
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x82nqjs
    At 3:30 "He sounds like a 5 year old etc.." At 3:39 "At the end of episode 4 etc.." At 3:53 "Watch them get angry etc.."

BANNED

Orko is very powerful with his magic, but often messes up in a hilarious way!

There was a Filmation episode that revealed Orko's powers worked great with some amulet that he, of course, lost. I think the 200X series did a similar ep but I'm fuzzy on that.

BANNED

At 3:00 begins the REVELATION that
    Prince Adam and Cringer were saved by
    Orko the Great!

BANNED

At 8:17 the flashback in which Orko arrives on Eternia and saves young Adam
    and Cringer from a swamp is a retelling of the same material from the
    He-Man and the MOTU episode Creatures from the Tar Swamp.

Writer of this episode was the late Larry DiTillio

Writer of this episode was the late Larry DiTillio
    Larry DiTillio and JMS worked wonders with the original series as well as the original She-Ra series.